GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• p.s. gato

oglemi said that if it is an actual emdash and not the html version then it will be fine
    Thank you! Also, I'm having issues with where the commas go. For example, for the Manytyke LC analysis, I have a tendency to put commas before the word "as" and "such" as it sees fit. It just makes sense in my head how it sounds, though I'm never sure. I always can't tell where the commas have to go, and I'm worried I may put it in a wrong place. I was editing that Mantyke analysis, and while I didn't finish, this is what I have ATM:

[Overview]

<p>Mantyke is a rather unique Pokemon in Little Cup. It is one of the few Water-types that can take on Grass-types thanks to its secondary Flying- typing. This also makes it a good check to Fighting-types and Ground-types. However, its Flying- typing works as a double-edged sword as it gives it a crippling 4x Electric weakness and a weakness to Stealth Rock. Don't let this putsteer you offfrom using Mantyke, though, as it does have a few more things going for it. It has the best Special Defense in Little Cup by far and it haposesses two great abilities, allowing it to be both a Ddefensive and Ooffensive threat.</p>

[SET]
    name: RestTalk
    move 1: Rest
    move 2: Sleep Talk
    move 3: Air Slash
    move 4: Scald / Toxic
    item: Eviolite
    ability: Water Absorb
    nature: Bold
    evs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Thanks to its great defenses, Mantyke is a good candidate for a RestTalk set. With the given EVs and an Eviolite, Mantyke reaches a Special Defense stat of 30, (AC) allowing it to take on many Sspecial Aattackers such as Snover and Misdreavus. Thanks to the dDefense investment and its secondary Flying-type, it can also take on many Fighting-types such as Timburr, Croagunk and Mienfoo, although, (AC) it must watch out for the occasional Stone Edge from the latter. The various Grass-types of the tier, (AC) such as Shroomish and Foongus, (AC) also fear this set, (AC) since Mantyke shrugs off the status moves that they commonly carry with Rest.</p>

<p>Rest and Sleep Talk are the obviousmandatory moves; Rest is Mantyke's only form of recovery and it removes status likesuch as Toxic, which would otherwise cripple it severely, whilst Sleep Talk stops Mantyke from being dead weight after it has rused Rested. Air Slash is Mantyke's most reliable STAB move, (AC) and it allows it to take on the aforementioned Fighting- and Grass-types. The last moveslot is a toss-up between Scald and Toxic. Scald is a decent secondary STAB and it deals large damage to Rock-, Ground- and Fire-types. The 30% burn chance is also appreciated which can help against Pphysical attackers. Toxic, however, is great for crippling bulky pPokemon like Lileep, Porygon, (AC) and Frillish, (AC) which would otherwise shrug off Mantyke's weak attacks. Toxic and Scald can be used in conjunction, but this is generally not recommended as Mantyke will then be walled by Croagunk, Shroomish, (AC) and Foongus.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>156 HP EVs give Mantyke an HP stat of 23 which is a Stealth Rock number, allowing Mantyke to take 5 HP damage instead 6 HP upon switching in. Maxed out Defense and a Bold nature are also chosen to boost Mantyke's lower defensive stat as much as possible. The remaining EVs are put into Special Defense and Special Attack. Water Absorb is the ability of choice, but do not expect it to see too much use, (AC) as many Water-types carry moves that hit Mantyke super effectively, such as Electric-type moves from Staryu and Chinchou, (AC) or Rock-type moves from Tirtouga. There is a not a lot of other options to use in the final slot. Hidden Power Fire could be used to hit Ferroseed, (AC) but this is far too situational as Air Slash and Scald are superior in almost all other situations.</p>

<p>Due to Mantyke's Stealth Rock weakness, it needs to be paired with a Rapid Spinner. Drilbur can Sspin and also absorb Electric-type attacks aimed at Mantyke. Staryu is another option for a Rapid Spinner, but it adds to Mantyke's Electric-type weakness. Mantyke appreciates a partner that can take on Electric-types like, (AC) such as Chinchou and Magnemite. A Chinchou of your own is a great choice to wall these Pokemon, whilst Mantyke can beat Grass-types that counter it. Lileep and Porygon are alsother good Pokemon that can beat Chinchou, whilst Mantyke can handle the Fighting-types that threaten them. Finally, (AC) Croagunk can take on many of Mantyke's counters such as Chinchou, Magnemite, Lileep, (AC) and Ferroseed.</p>

[SET]
    name: Swift Swim Sweeper
    move 1: Rain Dance
    move 2: Hydro Pump
    move 3: Ice Beam / Substitute
    move 4: Air Slash / Substitute
    item: Life Orb / Eviolite
    ability: Swift Swim
    nature: Modest
    evs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
    ivs: 0 HP

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Mantyke can also take a more offensive approach with a Rain Dance set. Under rain, it gets a boost to its STAB Water-type moves as well as doubled speed thanks to Swift Swim. With the prevalence of Sand teams in the metagame, Mantyke has a great niche in disrupting the weather. The idea of this set is simple;: Mantyke should set up Rain Dance against something that can't do muchlittle to it, such as Hippopotas or Croagunk, and proceed to tear through the opposing team with its powerful Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is the main coverage move of choice as it can 2HKO Lileep with a Life Orb, allowing Mantyke to break through one of its main counters. Air Slash is a good secondary STAB move, hitting Snover and Croagunk for super effective damage. Substitute is another option which can be used over Air Slash or Ice Beam. This helps Mantyke avoid a Sucker Punch from Murkrow or Pawniard, but Croagunk will be an issue if it goes over Air Slash, (AC) and Lileep will wall you if it goes over Ice Beam.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The choice between Eviolite and Life Orb is a tough one. Whilst the power difference is noticeable if you don't have Life Orb, Eviolite will give Mantyke a much easier time setting up. If Life Orb is your item of choice, make sure you change the HP IVs to 0, which will give Mantyke only 1 HP recoil. Timid is an alternative option for the nature, (AC) which avoids the speed tie with Choice Scarf Misdreavus and Choice Scarf Murkrow, but these situations are rare so Modest is the recommended ability. As for possible changes to the move set, Hidden Power Grass can be used to hit Chinchou on the switch in as it 2HKOs the standard RestTalk set with a Life Orb.</p>

<p>Mantyke appreciates certain Pokemon removed before it sweeps, such as Chinchou, Staryu, Lileep, (AC) and Ferroseed. Croagunk has the ability to beat all of these Pokemon and also lures out Hippopotas and Bronzor which Mantyke can set up on. Croagunk's ability Dry Skin also benefits from the rain. Diglett can switch in on a predicted Electric move and trap and kill Chinchou, but it must be wary of switching into Hydro Pump or Scald. Lileep beats Chinchou and Staryu and can also set up Stealth Rock which can help Mantyke get some KOs. In fact, most Grass-types can handle Chinchou and Staryu, making them great partners for Mantyke.</p>

Some of the commas were mandatory, but some of them I wasn't quite sure. I feel as if I added too many of them @-@
    Hey I didn't think your GP check was too harsh but thanks for the tips, I'll keep those in mind when writing an analysis.
    Hahahaha your ct. You were banned?? ?_? You can unban yourself. Or I'll do that when I get online :o
    Got it. I wasn't so sure at first about that, but then I realized it should probably be in that one. My bad.
    --Do not write an analysis in a form that puts emphasis on changes by generation. This includes avoiding phrases such as "With the advent of BW...".--

Does that rule apply to this analysis? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475944

It says that, but I see do many onsite analyses with it, and wasn't sure. It mentions GSC alot in here, so I was curious. Or does it not have enough emphasis?
    Yo, just wanted to say I was just messing around earlier in the workshop. ;P It's just how I roll, so no need for excuses dude! :)
    Here is what I was gonna have for Froslass
    [Overview]

<p>Froslass is the only Ghost-type with Spikes, allowing her to spinblock her own entry hazards. This trait, combined with Taunt, Destiny Bond, Cursed Body, and the ability to get past Xatu and Espeon make its her a great suicide lead for offensive teams. However, Froslass is very frail, which means that most attacks will 2HKO her, and that she will often have to predict correctly if she wants to stop setup and setup her own Spikes. Furthermore, Froslass is very weak to Tyranitar and Scizor, two of the most common Pokemon in the BW2 metagame, which can limit her to one layer of Spikes or even to none, if Froslass wants to prevent Tyranitar from setting up Stealth Rock. Lastly, due to Froslass's predictability, the opponent will always know how to react when they see Froslass in team preview, and they will know that she will always lead. All in all, Froslass has all the tools to do her job effectively, and as long as it ishe sticks to this role it, she will be a decent choice.</p>

[SET]
    name: Suicide Lead
    move 1: Spikes
    move 2: Taunt
    move 3: Shadow Ball / Ice Beam
    move 4: Destiny Bond / Ice Beam
    item: Focus Sash
    ability: Cursed Body
    nature: Timid
    evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Spikes are the focus of the set and the main reason to use Froslass in the first place. Taunt prevents any kind of setup, protecting Froslass's team from entry hazards and dangerous sweepers. Shadow Ball 2HKOes Starmie, Espeon, and Xatu, Pokemon that get in the way of Froslass's job. Ice Beam deals with Breloom, which can otherwise prove to be a difficult match-up for Froslass; if Froslass uses Taunt as Breloom uses Bullet Seed, Froslass gets KOed without setting up Spikes (if Bullet Seed gets three hits or more), while if Froslass uses Spikes as Breloom goes for Spore, Breloom gets a free turn. Ice Beam is also useful to OHKO Landorus-T and Garchomp, both common leads, and deals with unboosted Dragon-types if Froslass happens to be alive at mid- or late-game. In the last moveslot, Destiny Bond is used to force switches and help Froslass get more Spikes up or get a KO after Spikes have been set up. Ice Beam can be used over Destiny Bond if the coverage granted by it is appreciated and Pokemon such as Breloom, Garchomp, and Landorus-T are problematic for the rest of the team.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Hidden Power Fire can be used oin the last moveslot on teams that have trouble with Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn, letting Froslass 2HKO all of them. As for teammates, a Pokemon to set up Stealth Rock is needed. Fire Blast Garchomp has good synergy with Froslass, as he resists her Fire- and Rock-type weaknesses and outspeeds and OHKOes every common spinner, bar Starmie. Landorus-T and Terrakion are solid choices as well. A second Ghost-type to spinblock is a good idea, as Froslass usually faints at the beginning of the game, so Gengar and Sableye are good partners. Weavile traps and KOes Starmie after Starmie KOes Froslass, creating a solid anti-spinning core. Finally, strong set-up sweepers to take advantage of Spikes are mandatory, so Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Dragonite, Swords Dance Scizor, Quiver Dance Volcarona, Agility Thundurus-T, and Nasty Plot Celebi are all good options.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Icy Wind is a viable alternative over Ice Beam on the last slot, and allows Froslass to lower the Speed of Starmie so that Froslass can OHKO it the next turn, or one of her teammates can easily outspeed and force her out, protecting the hazards that Froslass set- up. It also works well against set-up sweepers that boost their Speed, and lets Froslass deal with them even after they set up, assuming that Froslass used Spikes on the first turn. An offensive set with max Special Attack and Speed and a moveset of Blizzard / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Spikes is viable for hail teams and can take advantage of her good Speed, coverage, and access to Spikes to become a Spikes setter with good offensive presence. Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray are allboth options that allow Froslass to get more free turns to set up Spikes but are very unreliable and not not advised.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Although there isn't anything that counters Froslass in the strict meaning of the word, there are some Pokemon that give its her trouble. Scizor and Tyranitar are the best answers to Froslass, as they can both limit her to one layer of Spikes at most (Scizor will fail 30% of the time though, due to Cursed Body). Any faster Pokemon that can 2HKO Froslass works too, such as Choice Scarf users, Starmie, and Jolteon. While rRapid sSpinners can't remove the Spikes that Froslass sets up as long as she is alive, they can remove them after she dies, which happens really fast, as Froslass is a suicide lead. Xatu and Espeon can also put a lot of stress on Froslass and force her to predict right if she wants to set up Spikes, as if Froslass attacks to hit them on the switch-in and they don't come in, Froslass will get set- up on or severely damaged. Cloyster can OHKO Froslass with Rock Blast if she uses Taunt, and set up with Shell Smash if she uses Spikes, making it a troublesome Pokemon for Froslass. Finally, Breloom can force Froslass into the same mindgame if Froslass lacks Ice Beam, as one wrong move and Froslass will fall without accomplishing anything or will get set up on.</p>

Would that look right?
    Oh, youre already checking Froslass lol, I was almost done when you said you were checking T_T
    hahaha, hey, good opportunity to learn a bit about the metagame then :p anyw i'm sure it'll be fine (at the very least it shouldn't be too hard to get the logs, i think?) and i look forward to reading it~
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…