InsaneDragoniteHD

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm telling you that I won't give a rate; what other people do is there own business. The rules are set because RMT is a place where people who have worked hard to make their team as good as they possibly can on their own and choose to show it off to get other people to give their inputs. My job (along with the other team raters) is to provide suggestions that have the possibility to give the team the push it needs to become an excellent team. The reason that I and other TRs don't tend to rate bad-to-average teams is because people can easily find the flaws of their teams through playtesting alone. It is possible with skill and a little luck to win battles with even gimmick teams (to a certain limit at least). However, most gimmicks tend to fade away when you hit the higher end of the ladder, as well as the tournament scenes. That is because they do not measure up well to the standard sets, and their only benefit is surprise factor (which only works once, and only if it is timed correctly). Also, besides the fact that it is late at night and I have no inclination to take the hour or so to actually give a proper rate, there are so many things that need to be looked at and changed in order to make the team efficient (and that is just without changing team members at all). If that is the case, it is standard procedure to send people over to Battling 101, because they need foundation first and foremost, since good teams can only do so much. When you are experienced with battling, you naturally gain better team building skills because you understand the metagame and what threats you must account for. You won't get in trouble for all of this (I don't think), but you won't receive many replies from the dedicated raters (though you may be comforted to know that other people will still probably give you helpful hints, so remember to pay attention to them). As for your experiences in Battling 101, the only help I can give you is to ask for a new tutor. I can give you some assistance in team building skills, while you can easily ask one of the prominent NU players in the forums or on IRC for battling helps. However, I would suggest that you don't take all this personally; the reason I bothered to write all this is because I see that you have some potential and I want you to UNDERSTAND why your team is gimmicky and why the other team raters probably won't rate (it helps prevent you from being disappointed if you don't receive a rate from a certain person or so). I also want to make you aware of the rules and the reasoning behind them.

One more thing, I never said that you were terrible at NU; in fact, I've never seen you battle so I can't judge your battling skills at all. The only thing I am judging is the team, which is basically my job (and the whole point of you posting in RMT anyways). However, if you feel like you never want to post or play again, I won't hinder you; I may see potential but you may not want to deal with all the hassles of Smogon anymore. Regardless, I hope this helps you understand and even grow as a battler and as a person. Good luck!
    I mean, using standard sets are your best bet. They are standard because they have been the most effective sets. You have the right idea with covering threats and intentions to what to watch out, just the combinations on the pokes don't really work out. Eventually, it would be interesting to make a team with you to see the process
    Yeah noone really gave any suggestions. I mean, it's your first team you posted, so you should learn and strive to do better. The tutoring session would be a good idea imo. In general, you had all your pokes trying to cover and beat as many pokes as possible, which you dont necessarily want. Rather, your pokes should have a specific goal, where another teammate can cover the threats that a certain poke cannot and vice versa.
    Because so many of your sets are gimmicky, I won't give you a full rate (especially since it is technically rule-breaking and it is my duty to discourage that). As for how they were gimmicky...I explained Audino, which was the least gimmicky. Banette is pretty average in general with its best sets (Trick Room, CB), and your set just doesn't make any real use out of its only good points (Ghost-typing and high Atk). Banette will never sweep a team because it has low power in its moves, poor coverage, terrible Speed, little defense even with investment, and has no focus on either physical or special offense. Lairon really wants Eviolite to boost its defenses, since all it needs to do it set up Rocks and hopefully tank resisted hits. Since Air Balloon is easily popped and Sturdy already prevents Ground moves from OHKOing, there is really no point in diminishing its bulk. Also Curse is the main oddball of the set, since there is no way that Lairon would be able to use it with the set you have (only Iron Head for offense after all, and no offensive investment).

Alomomola's typing works best at taking physical attacks because most Special attackers run a coverage move that can hit is hard regardless. Giving up the ability to wall the physical attackers of the tier is a huge waste of its bulk. Light Screen is temporary and doesn't even have Light Clay to support it, and Facade is so weak coming from Alomomola even when it is statused that I'm actually not even considering it to be there at all (there are very few situations where the standard combo of Waterfall/Scald and Toxic won't work much better). Thus I see no point in Sassy on Alomomola at all. Why not have a Atk lowering nature in Calm or even Bold, since Facade really does not make a difference? Next, Without Protect, Alomomola cannot even stall out anything because now it will be taking hits on the Wish turn AND the normal Protect turn that lets it get up to a decent HP.

Eelektross is fine, though you only need enough Speed to outspeed certain benchmarks like uninvested base 65s. Flareon is the straw that broke the Camerupt's back though. The normal Guts set isn't all that spectacular to begin with; using 2 Normal moves is redundant (and Double Edge just KOs you faster), Flame Charge at least has the useful side effect of increasing Speed and having perfect accuracy to boot, Iron Tail literally does nothing at all (Superpower do everything it does and more), and a Hasty nature makes literally no sense now since you are not even using your SpA stat.

For newer players, or even players that feel they aren't doing very well, using the standard sets at first is the best way to improve. When you have enough experience in the metagame, you can then start looking for innovative sets that work for you. By then, you would have the knowledge and skills to truly use the set, and actually have decent arguments for its niche.
    Trying something new is fine, but the standards are standard for a reason: they work. Also, creativity has its limits, and yours did cross the fine line between innovative and gimmicky. Oddly, physically defensive audino was the most effective of the innovations. Gimmicks are not meant to be put in RMTs either, it's in the rules as well as in my opinion.
    It may have equal defenses, but its typing does not really let it tank physical attacks very well, especially in a tier full of physical attackers; Scarf Sawk does 74% minimum, Scarf Primeape does 65%, the weakest relevant physical attackers I know of can ignore everything you do and/or set up on your regardless (Skuntank Taunts, Scolipede just sets up and/or Baton Passes, Kangaskhan overpowers with Double Edge and Drain Punch, Regirock walls, Banded Rapidash 2HKOs and is the weakest Banded one I know of, Piloswine sets up and can force you to waste Fire Blast, and many things can simple set up on it), and it has trouble dealing with the mostly physical orietented metagame. Special walling is where it is most effective, and even then it is outclassed. You say you having been going for the past 9 months, but you do not elaborate where. And that also does not explain why all your sets seem to have flaws, with the exception of Eelektross. Since the Strategy Dex exists, you really shouldn't need to make weird sets after all.
    Just give it time, it might take a little while. I'm sure someone will post soon. If a lot of time goes bye, you can always bump it.
    did you know Machamp is based off of a Shaokon,a mythical race of dragon and half humans...the odd part is....IT'S NOT PART DRAGON!WTF GAMEFREAK!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…