Magcargo
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, first of all, it's not definitely removed yet. Still there for the time being.

I think the main problem is that a special substitute set is largely better, as it can reasonably run Life Orb, giving it far more power (even in sand, it's more powerful). The special moves also give it better coverage and hence fewer counters. The last thing you want when running a sub set is hard counters.
    Here's a little tip if you want to preserve your 500th post; delete previous posts and make new ones! or make an RMT or something like that, lol.
    Ur all talking about pokes u like and why, so I'm just gonna put this out there: I like furret because it can trick and focus punch, as well as being epic cute XD
    Ah, a Solar Power Zard, should've expected it after seeing Lefties. You could also go for FLCL's Power Herb Zard for a surprise Solarbeam that can catch its switch-ins off guard.
    That battle had some misplays here and there, like why did you Fire Blast Alomo when any other move could KO it and the fact the guy played recklessly with Alomo. However regarding Zard itself, it generally thrives in FWG cores, with the Grass mon absorbing SE hits and the Water dispatching of problematic pokemon for Zard or vice versa. I'm no team rating expert, but I'd say you're on the right track.
    I made a small mistake about Milotic. I accidentally said it got Roar but I forgot it doesn't and it instead knows Haze. It also learns Dragon Tail as well if that isnt fine. Haze does prevent it from being set up on regardless though so its not much of a difference, as I think Ice Beam breaks Kingdra's subs anyway. Sorry about that slight mistake.
    The beautiful thing about Zard is that all of his sets work in this meta. LO Roost Zard can stick around to wreak havoc even with SR on the field; Scarf Zard can sweep with Fire's awesome coverage; SunnyZards melt faces; even SD Zard can lay a beating on its usual SDef counters.
    Sawk can be good for anti-SR, Rock resist or special wall crushing; Roselia or Seismitoad can take Water and Electric attacks and setup Spikes or SR respectively, easing KOes for Zard.
    There are a few reasons that I like Milotic that I will explain. Namely, it isn't really outclassed by Water-types imo and its usually one that I go for a lot, even though most people don't like it.

Milotic is one of only three viable bulky waters in the tier with an instant recovery move, with the others being, as you mentioned, Slowking and Slowbro. I hate getting worn down over the battle, especially considering that Fire-types are all over the place out there. If you get worn down and you encounter a Life Orb Darmanitan or Chandelure, you're screwed. However, that's where Recover comes in handy.
    The reason why I like using Milotic over Slowking and Slowbro comes down to a few reasons. The first of these is Roar. Although Slowking gets Dragon Tail, it's an extremely weak move and is pretty much a Roar that can miss that occasionally fails against substitutes, and then Slowbro has absolutely nothing at all to phaze its foes. Milotic's lack of a Psychic-typing is both a blessing and a curse – on one hand, it doesn't need to worry about Chandelure's Shadow Ball (it can switch into the move, heal up as it uses Energy Ball, and then pretty good from there), U-turn, Heracross's Megahorn, and Dark moves. Dark moves are everywhere in UU, and the ability to not get destroyed by Weavile, Krookodile to an extent, Bisharp, Zoroark without Grass Knot, and Honchkrow is a nice feature. Milotic also has a decent speed, meaning it can attempt to Scald or Toxic Snorlax before it can do massive damage to the team. Usually, I run Slowbro when I need a bulky water that resists Fighting (which is often), but when I need just a general good bulky water and don't need the additional typings or Stealth Rock, Milotic is usually a good choice in my opinion, and even if it does stop momentum a little bit with its recover spamming, Toxic wears down the opponent, and same with a potential burn. It's also insanely bulky - it has 95/79/125 bulk, and although stats don't make the Pokemon by any means, that's really bulky, especially on the special side. It also makes a good Scald switch in due to Marvel Scale - if that activates, have fun getting through it.

Otherwise it's not great, but Milotic isn't necessarily outclassed in the metagame imo. I've never thought Milotic was bad and its never hurt my team really, and I feel the same about Gligar, Hitmontop, and to an extent Registeel.
    Dusclops by far, although I personally think Claydol is the worst Pokemon in UU.

I've always liked Milotic for some reason.
    Hmmmm, i always up run an ev spread of 40 Hp / 252 Atk / 216 Speed with a jolly nature on offensive Sap Sipper Miltank, it maximizes your attack power, lets you outpace max speed base 95's such as Drapion and Jynx, and gives you some extra bulk.

As for teammates, the first two things that come to mind are Pokemon that would lure in Grass-type moves, and Pokemon that can take on the Fighting-types that trouble miltank. For example, qwilfish could make a good teammate, it lures in things such as Lilligant reliably, can take on Fighting-types for miltank, and can set up spikes to help miltank score some KOs.
    Oh, well yeah, I would advise using a spinner. Stealth Rock and Spikes suck for Ninetales, since you need to keep it alive. Also, I would be wary of using Exeggutor as a Chlorophyll sweeper. Even with the boot to its speed and a Timid nature, it's still out-sped by even stuff like Choice Scarf Darmanitan and Kyurem-B. Not a good quality of what is supposed to be a slot dedicated to something faster than everything. What about Victreebel? It's actually more powerful than Venusaur, and only slightly slower. However, though I say "slightly" it is always out-sped by Scarf Latios, which is absolutely terrible, since Lati@s can be hard for sun teams to take down.
    Thanks man! Also, I just noticed I never responded to your sun team question. I've seen a lot of people use Lilligant to some success. Same with Victini. and if you're feeling stallish, Cresselia can be great. I always liked using Sawsbuck in BW1, not really sure how good it is in BW2. I think it really depends on what moveset you choose. Horn Leech | Nature Power | Return / Jump Kick | Swords Dance is the preferred set, I think, but it either loses to Skarmory or loses out on a seriously powerful STAB Return, so it's up to you. Any of those should be good to build a team around.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…