1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Comments on Profile Post by Enoch

1. Punchshroom
    Punchshroom
    I don't usually do theorymonning, but I'd say Life Orb would be useful to give Leaf Storm that initial kick. Giga Drain can be used to recover the HP lost while not needing to overkill foes with +2 / +4 Leaf Storm.
    Jul 13, 2013
  2. Enoch
    Enoch
    I see your point there. I used to use the LO, however I found that the LO wears him down quickly despite Giga Drain. In one of those clutch situations where your at 26% HP, +2 SAtk, and against a Steel Type, things tend to get sticky as to what to do. Attack, you either get retaliate KO'ed, or Substitute only to die of LO recoil later. That's why I switched to Salac Berry. At +4-6 SAtk he's already strong enough.
    Jul 13, 2013
  3. Enoch
    Enoch
    But I remain confused of how the Salac Berry is "Counter-Productive". Sure the Salac Berry fails to maximize his Sweeping Potential, but it does Boost his Speed outside of Revenge Kill Levels (bar priority) when Substitute is not an option. Besides, at +4-6 he's already strong enough. Nowhere in that do I see a disadvantage.
    Jul 13, 2013
  4. Punchshroom
    Punchshroom
    Um, Contrary reverses the speed boost from Salac, negating your speed instead. I've been in enough Challenge Cup matches to find that out the hard way. Contrary Coil XP
    Jul 13, 2013
  5. Enoch
    Enoch
    O.O That's odd because I've used it before... That was a long time ago on PO, so maybe it was flawed.

Okay you've made your point clear, I'll replace the Salac Berry with Leftovers/Life Orb.
    Jul 13, 2013