1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Comments on Profile Post by Oopa

1. Rowan
    Rowan
    it sucks. whenever I use that team I use Bulk Up Croagunk>Magnemite these days (timburr+chinchou counter). and tbh it's still kind of average then. It's too standard and stuff like RestTalk Chou is really easy to play around. I have much better teams
    Aug 30, 2013
  2. Oopa
    Oopa
    oh, i thought that since it was featured it would be good :/ What about your shellder team?
    Aug 30, 2013
  3. Rowan
    Rowan
    well it was decent at the time. If I was going to use it now, I'd probably change to voltturn chou and then maybe scarfoo>timburr which works as another krow check. although this set up makes me more weak to tbolt missy... maybe a bulkier krow set would work... or even bulky u-turn vullaby.
    Aug 30, 2013
  4. Rowan
    Rowan
    the shellder team is cool, it's sort of designed to combat more common pokemon and shellder can take advantage of stuff like subroost krow and scarf snover to set up on.
    Aug 30, 2013
  5. Oopa
    Oopa
    I'm taking notes on this ;)
    Aug 30, 2013
  6. Oopa
    Oopa
    I remember how you chipped in how Shellder and Tirtouga beat Murkrow thanks to Prio and Speed boost after a smash
    Aug 30, 2013
  7. Rowan
    Rowan
    well, they are the best two smasher by a long way in my opinion
    Aug 30, 2013
  8. Rowan
    Rowan
    I just prefer Shellder because Tirt can't get past Lileep or Croagunk
    Aug 30, 2013
  9. Oopa
    Oopa
    And i regard your opinion very highly
    Aug 30, 2013
  10. Oopa
    Oopa
    And you prefer shard over pump?
    Aug 30, 2013
  11. Rowan
    Rowan
    shard to get past Murkrow. but pump works too I guess, to get past Magnemite and Pawniard
    Aug 30, 2013
  12. Oopa
    Oopa
    Poor Shellder has a slight case of 4MSS
    Aug 30, 2013
  13. Rowan
    Rowan
    I guess you could try something like Rock Blast/Hydro Pump(or razor shell)/Ice Shard but then you lost out on hitting lileep. I prefer missing out on steel types because they're easier to trap and kill with magnemite.
    Aug 30, 2013
  14. Oopa
    Oopa
    The only viable steels are Pawniard, Mag, Bronzor and Ferroseed iirc?
    Aug 30, 2013
  15. Rowan
    Rowan
    Yeah pretty much. And come to think of it, if you drop icicle spear, you might as well be running tirtouga
    Aug 30, 2013
  16. Oopa
    Oopa
    Good Point. Shellder has such nice essentially 125 BP moves. Too bad no stab :(.
    Aug 30, 2013