1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Comments on Profile Post by Arcticblast

1. monster
    monster
    I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, dude. Is this about using Counter on Alakazam? Well, Softboiled is recommended on Smogon's set for Magic Guard Clefable, so there's nothing new here. I may even have been erroneous - Alakazam might get Counter out of the egg. Or are you just being facetious?
    Sep 4, 2013
  2. monster
    monster
    All I'm saying is that if using those Clefable sets with Double Edge and Softboiled are kosher, why not Alakazam with Counter? I think you should seriously ask someone to take down those Clefable sets if this is a problem. I've lambasted people for using them in the past, but I've finally learned to accept it and let it slide.
    Sep 4, 2013
  3. Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    Magic Guard Clefable can get Softboiled through a technicality in evolution in gen 4 - if a Pokemon has only one ability in gen 3 but two in gen 4, it has a chance to get the other ability upon evolving. Alakazam, getting Magic Guard only through the Dream World, does not get this advantage, and thus Counter is illegal with Magic Guard.
    Sep 4, 2013
  4. Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    This was about 93% in jest though.
    Sep 4, 2013
  5. Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    tl;dr Clefable can legally get 3rd gen tutors with Magic Guard through a technicality, Alakazam cannot, and I'm not actually going to do anything about it if I find you on the ladder besides bitch at you,
    Sep 4, 2013
  6. monster
    monster
    Oh, okay, haha. That's interesting, kind of like how Azurill can change gender upon evolving. Well, anyway, the Alakazam set is a niche set, so I don't even use it anymore. Well, someone should report the bug, I probably won't =P
    Sep 4, 2013