Smogon Forums

Spinda
Spinda
Why are you assuming rocks, though? E-Belt Keldeo and ScarfTar have a slim chance of OHKOing without rocks, while it has a slim chance of living scarf terrakion/scarfchomp hits without rocks.
Spinda
Spinda
Standard Lucario is Adamant, in which case it's outsped, and even a resisted outrage has a bigger chance of OHKOing it than not.
Spinda
Spinda
Jirachi only does 55-65% to kyurem-B with iron head, scarf keldeo is far from guaranteed to OHKO Kyurem-B after rocks, even CB Iron fist mach punch from conkeldurr isnt guarantee to OHKO after rocks, its outsped and OHKO'd
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
For the first group of pokemon, I'm not assuming rocks. All of their KOs are guaranteed with rocks. For the second set of pokemon, I'm assuming rocks. Assuming rocks is very common because they are terrifically easy to set up, every single team has themtheir check can't KO without them.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
Offensive teams especially punish starmie for wasting a turn by spinning while making sure not to give forry or tenta free spins if they see Kyurem-B. QB has a 6% chance of living Chomp or Rak without a boosting item of any sort XD.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
Jirachi can flinch QB to death either way isn't being KOed by Kyurem-B. Scarf keldeo iirc has around a 70-80% chance of KOing QB without rocks, and to be fair, I didn't calc most of these things. CB conk mach punch has a 70% chance to KO after rocks, and everything else still ruins CB kyurem's day.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
CB kyurem-B isn't going to switch in at perfect health or with no prior damage usually. He usually is forced to outrage on something after taking damage, and then is very prone to being revenged. I'm not at all saying CB sucks, but it's generally not any more threatening than something like CB victini
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
I didn't know Lucario was at 90 speed, not 95 XD. That's why even my Jolly luke was outsped by landoT.
Spinda
Spinda
I could carry an immunity to fire and not worry about victini at all if I predict right, even my hard resists to dragon are so pressured by CB KYurem-B, I'm practically guaranteed to end up losing atleast 1 pokemon to it, granted it rarely gets more than that
Spinda
Spinda
But that 1 kill is always crucial, and it's something I should be able to avoid.. I can get around something like bandchomp if I predict right, the outrages don't have that sheer power. Not to mention its bulk is insane, kyurem-b takes neutral hits like a champ
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
keep in mind that I'm only talking about offensive teams handling QB. generally, you have a great degree of choice in deciding which pokemon you'll fodder to QB. I'm slightly confused how an offensive team of yours might have trouble with CB Kube. If your opponent has the strategy to switch around immunities/play brilliantly with it, you should definitely be able to send out your SR setter turn one
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
most SR setters have some way of handling QB in case they lead with it, and if not, you've got up SR, and have to make sure you don't leave pokemon that are outsped/destroyed by QB. There's usually some pokemon which is walled hard and never going to sweep that you can toss away.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
stall and balanced might be kinda screwed if it comes in on like a jellicent, but these kind of situations are the reason pokemon like Ferrothorn are so popular =/
Spinda
Spinda
"Pokemon like ferrothorn" As if ferrothorn isnt your only actual answer
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
for a defensive team that absolutely cannot lose a pokemon, there's also forry (gyro ball) and skarm(roost). this discussion started only because I disagreed with your claim that CB Kyurem troubles offensive teams. It really doesn't lol. Most teams have two-three of the threats I listed, and CB Kyurem is dead the turn after (maybe even during) the turn it clicks outrage.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
I'd be lying if I said that you haven't changed my mind about it though =]
Spinda
Spinda
Forry does 50% back to kyu-b and it gets 3hko'd by outrage.. Hows that an answer? I personally believe roosting and hoping for them to hit themselves is an unreliable answer when you're already risking switching into fusion bolt
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
hmm I suppose Forry is not the most reliable wall, but it does have a good shot if Outrage hits twice, as Kyurem-B will have the option of switching out or risking Kyurem-B on a 50-50 coin flip. Still, Skarmory is far from unreliable.
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
Skarmory doesn't just Roost and hope for Kyurem-B to hit itself, it Roosts upon switching in (Kyurem-B will almost always click Outrage on the opposing pokemon as being locked into Fusion Bolt sucks), then spams Roost until healthy. When QB gets confused, Skarmory can set up hazards all over it and eventually phaze it
BLARG weather BLARG
BLARG weather BLARG
if the user chooses not to switch out. If the opponent is particularly ballsy and chooses Fusion Bolt on a pokemon where Outrage is by far the better option in hopes of hitting Skarmory, switch to a Ground type and take advantage of the free switch created. Skarmory can still potentially switch in on something slow and Roost up.