Antar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hey Antar now that we've seen a lot of mega evolutions released / leaked what mega pokemon are you looking forward too the most?
    Hey, do you think it would be possible to collect stats for the most used moves in each tier? It might be neat to see if a metagame is more physical or special, a nice reference to check Hidden Power types, and an interesting topic of discussion for Balanced Hackmons and other OMs.

I just realized how many data requests you get here, so if you don't get to this then no worries~
    Antar
    Antar
    Either? All of the above?
    Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    To be more clear, I mean "Physical: 30%, Special: 30%, Other: 40%" for the former as opposed to "Stealth Rock: 80%, Earthquake: 50%, etc." for the latter.
    Antar
    Antar
    I think it would be useful to have BOTH. I've also been asked to look at item statistics.
    Your job interview:
    Interviewer: Welcome, sit down please.
    Antar: I PLAY POKEMANZ
    Interviewer: You're hired.

Totally legit!
    When I said that PS ratings didn't mean shit, I meant no offense to all the work you put into the rating formulas or anything. I read the thread you linked like, a month ago, and loved it. The problem with PS! ratings is the userbase, which is something we sadly can't fix.
    So according to the serebii.net corocoro reveal, steels no longer resist ghost and dark (nothing can switch into gengar safely anymore T_T) antar do you think ghost/dark mons in general will go up in tiers?
    Antar
    Antar
    no idea. probably.
    Would it be a lot of work for you to generate moveset statistics like the one you currently do, but then only for 1850 teams/battles?
    Antar
    Antar
    They end up being almost exactly the same.
    Hi Antar! Is it possible to also have the usage stats tell which item is most used on which Pokemon? For example, it could help tell which Pokemon is the most popular scarfer in the tier or something.
    The4gotNdeath
    antar i have some experience in coding ( basic C++ stuff ) if i can help in anyway let me know.
    Antar
    Antar
    @The4gotNdeath If you want to take a crack at compiling item stats, go for it. I'd recommend learning to work with JSON files, so you can use my processed results (example: http://sim.smogon.com:8080/Stats/lc.json ).
    The4gotNdeath
    K i will have a go at this antar. anything i can do to take a load off your shoulders and give you the chance to post more battles
    you guys need a better software
    DGX
    DGX
    forum software
    Antar
    Antar
    It's still being configured (this is not how the forums are always going to look). If you still have problems with it in a few months, bring it up again, but probably not with me. @chaos is the owner of the forums, and he's currently working on our new layout.
    DGX
    DGX
    ok thanks
    Antar!!! Man I am desperately craving some uploads on your channel since PMP is on hold again. Hope to see you use Mick in gen6.
    Hi, I'm new. I'd just like to know how to make something like Private Messages with another member. Is it the option labeled: "Start a Conversation" when I click on the member's avatar?
    Antar
    Antar
    Yes. "Start a conversation" is the new PM.
    BAP Blackjack
    BAP Blackjack
    Okay.
    Thanxorus
    You're ok! It's a lot of stuff, and I appreciate the fast response. :)
    Hey, long time no talk haha. How have you been?
    Antar
    Antar
    Hey! Long time indeed! The short answer is busy.
    ThePokemonmaster14
    ThePokemonmaster14
    Yea same, am starting college and such in a few months. Have gotten back into Pokemon though, cant wait for X and Y.
    If it means much, I've been wanting to shut down the Ubers Extreme Challenge thread for a while, but was worried about the back lash. Your post just made me grow a pair and do the deed. I guess for now on, maybe I should be a bit more confident in my decisions, thanks for making me realize that!
    Antar
    Antar
    It doesn't matter to me at all--Ubers statistics aren't used in tiering. My only gripe is when people complain that our system is broken when they're the ones that broke it.
    Theorymon
    Theorymon
    Oh I know it isn't a problem with tierng at all. But I still think it harmed the integrity of Ubers stats, which I still think is a serious problem!
    Are the individual metagame stats gonna happen? o:
    Antar
    Antar
    Remind me what you mean by that? (Send me PM)
    Antar
    Antar
    Just figured out what you meant. Yes, they're going to happen. But there's a good amount of time till Sept. 1 (though I might have a demo up earlier).
    Furai
    Furai
    Sweet, thanks Antar!
    I only ever had them stored on Pastebin, I'm afraid. A lot of them were pasted by the players themselves and then given to me.
    Antar
    Antar
    I see. Ah well--maybe I'll figure out a way to script getting them pulled.
    Hi there, Antar! If possible, as soon as you have the total battles from Doubles, can you tell me the number? It'd be great and I will thank you a thousand times :>
    Hey Antar, I PM'ed you on Youtube with a suggested change to the Stalliness/Bias stat calculation with Trick Room teams, let me know what you think.
    hey do you know about x-acts old defense calculator? it seems to have been deleted in the server move and I wonder if anyone still has the code or whatever to bring it back up
    I have a female dw shroomish for trade. Do you need one? I need a handful of stuff so I'll trade for almost anything. Thanks.
    thanks, I feel like it would of ended up better if no legends were a rule, but i had fun anyway. I don't battle much online but I've completed my National Pokedex on B, W, and W2. I can gladly trade you a pokemon you want, just tell me nature, EVs, level, what moves, and item.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…