1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Comments on Profile Post by ShortsTheory

1. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    ahaha, yep! Currently in my 2nd/3rd year. Not found another yet! So cool :D
    Oct 23, 2013
  2. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    Awesome! Do you plan on working for Boeing or other big aviation company in the future?
    Oct 23, 2013
  3. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    And holy crap lol, your post in the Undergrad thread almost exactly describes how I love physics and aviation XD
    Oct 23, 2013
  4. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I was set on lockheed for a while, but I got in contact with a Boeing guy through a scholarship. Hopefully I can just get a job! So I assume you're not in university yet?
    Oct 23, 2013
  5. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    Great! Boeing's a better funded company with a lot more projects IMO. Congrats! :)

No, I still have a couple of years before I start attending uni. Presently, I am 16 years old and am in 11th grade.
    Oct 23, 2013
  6. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Bah boeing doesn't have the F-22 do they! Still, more aerospace than lasers and garbage. Where are you looking at for schooling??
    Oct 24, 2013
  7. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    So what lol, Boeing's latest roster of planes; the 777-300ER, 747-8, and the 787-8 are awesome! With regards to schooling (I presume you mean college?) I'm preparing for IIT (I for India, not Illinois!). Unfortunately, aerospace engineering isn't that great out here in India, but IIT has plenty of other courses with excellent facilities.
    Oct 24, 2013
  8. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Ah, you're a more civilian fan--I suppose growing up in america kind of spoiled me towards military aviation.
    Oct 24, 2013
  9. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    lol. Hope you don't mind! But military planes are cool too (I LOVE the SR71). They just don't have the same jaw-dropping size and impressiveness of large airliners.
    Oct 24, 2013
  10. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Bah! Sr-71! Still can't compare to my favorite aircraft of all time...http://goo.my/14c ...quite a shame my government picked the raptor over this beast. If only boeing could take a leaf out of northrop's books and finally get around to making that wing-bodied passenger liner!
    Oct 24, 2013
  11. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    Woah. Those exhaust channels, man, I've never seen anything like that. Why were only 2 of these planes ever built :(
    Oct 25, 2013
  12. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I know right? And people have still debated to this day that it's a better plane...I would give ANYTHING to own one.
    Oct 25, 2013
  13. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    lol, yeah :) BTW, what time in your timezone (and what is your timezone) do you get on IRC?
    Oct 25, 2013
  14. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Chicago, GMT -6. You're exactly 12 hours ahead of me, I think! I usually get on at night my time or rarely around 10-12 in my morning.
    Oct 25, 2013
  15. ShortsTheory
    ShortsTheory
    lol, yeah, that sounds about right! +5.5 is extremely trolly. And Galvantula is seriously not an obvious IRC nick.
    Oct 25, 2013
  16. GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    /Whois galvantula
    Oct 25, 2013