alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, I'm working on a project for my Greek class right now; once I actually get it done would you mind if I ran it by you to see if it's not terrible? I'd ask a classmate but then I'd have to look over theirs too and my Greek language skills are a bit... let's call it "mediocre."
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yeah sure!
    Arcticblast
    Arcticblast
    Awesome, thanks :) assuming I actually stay on track I'll PM it to you in a few hours.
    Is togekiss gonna be moved to OU?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Depends on the usage it gets. For a Pokemon to become OU it must have at least 3.41% usage in the monthly usage statistics, so i guess when we have the first official monthly usage stats we will learn.
    AwesomeFennekin
    I posted a couple of sets for Togekiss. Choice Scarf, Stored Power, and Baton Pass sets.
    Don't want to spam the ampharos thread, but you spelled it "amphatos" in the first sentence of checks and counters.

Also congrats on all those badges I remember when you were on and off a ladybug. Also the first thread I ever saw on Smogon was your RMT. (something with like azumarill/toxicroak idk)
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Thx for the corrections man! And yeah, it seems i have gotten a couple of badges since then :D

And the team you are talking about was named The King's Return, and indeed it had Azumarill and Toxicorak!
    Hi Alexwolf, I'm kinda new here, so there's something I'd like to ask.
    You told me that there was already a Hawlucha thread, that I didn't see when I started mine. Could you suggest a Pokemon or something else for me to do a thread on?

Thanks in Advance

Lord Ninjax
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Almost all viable Pokemon have been already taken, and some old mons that don't have their threads should better be discussed in the old Pokemon discussion thread if their role in OU is not very significant. However, if you want to post a topic regarding some strategies or playstyles, post me your idea and i will tell you if it's worth making a thread for.
    Question about Aegislash. Does the Quiet attacker want a 31 speed iv for stuff like Hippowdon or a 0 speed iv to hit other Aegislash in sword form whenever possible?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    You can outspeed Hippowdon even with a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs iirc, so it's probably better to try and underspeed opposing Aegislash. However, if people start catching up and do the same with their Aegislash, lowering your Speed will become pointless.
    Cipher Admin Lovrina
    Cipher Admin Lovrina
    Gotcha! Thanks. I guess 0 speed is nice just to nab the KOs on other -Speed Aegislash. You can also take less damage from Gyro Ballif you switch-in--not that that's a concern for shield forme ever haha.
    Hi, alexwolf!
    Sorry to bother you, I'm new here.

Could you help me with EVs investment of Excadrill + Assault Vest?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Depends on how much bulk you want. 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD is a good start, and from there you can take away a few EVs from Atk and put them to HP if you want to avoid some specific OHKO-2HKOs from special attacks. Use an Adamant nature and Mold Breaker.
    andreprestes
    andreprestes
    Thank you! I think I'll try 80 HP/176 Atk/252 SpD
    Sorry missed your message on irc. Anything you wanted to say?
    haunter
    As long as the topic stays on the abilities and not on whether they should be banned or not, it's ok to have it. Just moderate it heavily. You'll notice that I'm already doing it.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    So just delete posts that talk about banning/unbanning and be strict in general. Got it!
    haunter
    Actually, a global warning in that thread on what is allowed and what's not might turn out to be useful.
    I think it would be best if you re-assigned Tyrantrum; there is too much on my plate at the time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    DUDE didn't follow when you got modded but NICE. VERY well deserved, and very much needed. lol
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Thx Chou! Btw, what is the policy with Pokemon that will only be usable in NU at best. such as Chatot and Exploud? Should we lock those threads because they won't produce any discussion even remotely relevant for OU, or let them so people can discuss if those Pokemon will even have a chance of being useful in NU?
    Chou Toshio
    Chou Toshio
    I think we're letting them go for now. Just use your own judgement if you think said Pokemon are not changed enough or not generating enough discussion to deserve their own threads (as opposed to being discussed in the old mons thread). Also keep an eye out for Wifi / IV / breeding posts (which are EVERYWHERE...).
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Yeah i know. I have already cleaned up 7 threads, and i am trying my best to keep up, but damn there are just too many posts...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…