Antar
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So I filled your questionnaire on Saturday but I didn't get a few of the questions in it, and I was busy yesterday, and Treecko john'd me :'(

I caught Treecko now to finish it but my post wasn't saved unfortunately :(

My opinion is pretty much a mix of all of the other posts, so if you covered most of them with COIL, then we should be fine :)
    I'll get to your thread this weekend, hopefully tomorrow :)
    Antar
    Antar
    No prob! Whenever you get a chance.
    Hi Antar, I'm having technical problems with my smogon account. I'm not able to reply in any thread or even start a conversation. Its just not letting me type in the reply box... The only thing I managed to do are profile posts. Is something wrong with my account?
    Antar
    Antar
    Not my department, sorry. I'm just the person who does the stats.
    Thank you for the monthly stats! Is there a reason why you have two Battle Spot Doubles tags?
    Antar
    Antar

That second one is "Battle Spot Special."
    I don't quite understand your post regarding the teammates stats x_x could there be some error with the script that gives odd NFE mons as teammates instead for teammates or is that just how it's meant to work? Thanks! >_>! Sorry for the trouble~
    sandshrewz
    sandshrewz
    yea it makes sense!! X is the original Pokemon (say Talonflame) that you want to compare with Aegislash (which is Y). Do you record the raw teammate stats thats just P(XnY) though since that could be interesting too and give the top 10 as well? Just a thought there that probably most people are thinking of what teammates meant.
    Antar
    Antar
    The data is there (You can grab P(X) from the usage statistics and just add). As for people getting confused, I would have thought the numbers and the fact that there's a + out front should have been the giveaway.
    sandshrewz
    sandshrewz
    Oh haha. Okay then! Thank you very much for the explanation Antar! :)
    so after the 'statistically significant partners' it just lists random pokes?
    MCBarrett
    MCBarrett
    idk i find it hard to believe that something like excadrill that is widely known to be its best partner wouldnt be on the list whereas stuff that never even sees significant ou usage would be
    MCBarrett
    MCBarrett
    nvm saw ur latest post. nubs are too hard to understand i suppose -_-
    Antar
    Antar
    I just responded to this in the thread. I suspect it's because (1) there just aren't that many SRers in the Prebank meta (2) most "competitive players" probably gravitate towards Pokebank OU so you get mostly garbage in Prebank.
    hey I see you're online...plz get on irc for rating system convo !!
    Antar
    Antar
    Wasn't online, actually. Must've left a tab open. Start a thread or send me a paste, and I'll give you my thoughts.
    Aldaron
    Aldaron
    I WANNA REAL TIME CHAT
    I'm quite sorry, I realized I completely forgot your involvement with Little Cup when sending out the original PM. I realized I forgot a few people, actually. I forwarded it to you, my apologies.
    Antar
    Antar
    It's all good. I just replied.
    skylight
    skylight
    Nah no deadline, any time is cool - it's just that it was a good idea so I was looking forward to reading it :) Do you think you could get it up in this issue?
    Antar
    Antar
    I'd love to. By what date would I need to get it in for this issue?
    skylight
    skylight
    We haven't discussed release yet, but it's generally about a month after the previous issue was released, so you can sort of guess from there.
    Hey um pokemon online usage stats is down. I was wondering if you could also post the most popular builds by usage for each pokemon which PO did like movesets,EV spreads, items, nature.

thanks
    Hi, I was wondering if I could get your usage statistics in a more friendly format? Also, when you say average weight, what do you mean?
    Antar
    Antar
    I'm away from my computer this week. Shoot me a message after Thanksgiving, and I'll give you access to JSON-formatted data. Avg. weight = avg. weight of players using that Pokemon (see my weighted stats FAQ). Higher weight means better player.
    Stryke
    Stryke
    I'd be curious to see correlations with win/loss. How come you don't include any of that data?
    Antar
    Antar
    Because the way PS does matchups, you're always paired with players close to your skill level. So WL means much less than rating.
    i am blarajohnny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why in the world would you think that is blarajan's alt?_?_?_?_?
    Antar
    Antar
    lol, I don't know. Anyway, I'm Glickardo, and I *will* take that #1 spot from you!
    aerialace TM40
    aerialace TM40
    you might,,,,i started laddering with another alt SO WATCH OUT ehehe
    Antar
    Antar
    Just waiting for Goddess Briyella's RD to rise above 100 so she falls off.
    Hey, I was procrastinating in one of my classes so I finally got around to reading some of the links in your signature and the associated threads.

I was wondering if you had considered putting out an applet to calculate the offensive/defensiveness of teams. No one wants to calculate it by hand, obviously, and I think it could be neat for the RMT forum for reasons you had pointed out of people miscategorizing teams.
    Antar
    Antar
    Cool! Another team successfully categorized (or are you only calling it sandstall now that you see these results?)
    Bughouse
    Bughouse
    Yeah it's obvious sandstall. There's spikes, toxic, protect, wish, rest, aromatherapy, and anything else you could imagine lol. I also put in a HO team with 4 choice users and 3 voltturners and it output:
    Bias: 480
    Stalliness: -1.083015 (1.42 T/KO)
    Tags: ['sand', 'voltturn', 'choice', 'hyperoffense', 'sandoffense']
    Bughouse
    Bughouse
    In other words, your metrics work very well, imo. I'm sure the borderline call between balanced and bulky offense can continue to be debated, but it seems quite good at detecting the extremes.
    Hey man. It says your an administrator for pokemon showdown. I think I found a bug and wasn't sure what to do, so I guess I'm telling you because you could potentially rectify it.
    This has happened to me three times;
    I have a Jolly Salamence with max IV in Speed that I use as my Physical sweeper. Needless to say it is fast. However, when I face an Avalugg, it for some reason moves with priority, as if its faster than my Salamence. Also in every instance there were no relevant stat increases/decrease or sticky web or trick room.
    And I have asked my oppenents and they all assured me that their Avalugg had leftovers and not quick claw (I have observed leftovers in effect as well). Funny thing is that if I were to switch to chansey for a casual flamthrower, my chansey is faster than the same Avalugg that moves before my salamance. Also, this only seems to be the case with Avalugg because my salamence opperates normally in all other instance.
    I suspect it might have something to do with the move avalanche as it normally should have -4 priority, but some coding might have been messed up or something. Hopefully either you can fix this, or you can refer this to someone who can because its very frustrating.
    Thank you kindly.
    hey long time not spoken. You really hit it big here, im impressed. you wanne do a battle some time like in the old days?
    Hey, what is the site where you list the formulas, math and such for PS rating system and other related topics?
    Antar
    Antar
    They're spread over a few places, but all the links are in my signature.
    Chicharino
    Oh, got it;
    interesting read
    Woah that kit cost a bomb. You could buy a couple more 3DS with that amount ._.

Oh anyway since I'm here, did you make a script that measures the stalliness / playstyle etc of a team ?_? If so do you have all the calculations written in words? Haha just curious x)
    Antar
    Antar
    Antar
    Antar
    Re: kit. A friend actually contributed quite a bit to help me buy it. Really good friend.
    sandshrewz
    sandshrewz
    Thanks!! This is cool :) Also :O! what a good friend he/she is !_!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…