Hugendugen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hugen, I think the move Geomancy should be banned from ubers. The move makes it easy for Xerneas to sweep with one move (using a power herb), getting a special defense, a special attack, and a speed boost, all x2. The boost makes an already stab and fairy aura-ed moonblast almost one hit kill to everything.
    Am I the only one who says your name to myself whenever I read it? "Hugendugen" is just fun to say imo
    I don't think I have access to the PS staff forums. Please add me when you get the chance.
    Hugendugen
    Hugendugen
    You should have access. It's under the ps subforum with a weird name.
    Reverb
    Reverb
    Ah, thanks.
    Relados
    Relados
    Can we please get that name changed no one likes yuyuko anyway
    Hey, PS is experiencing some major issues. There are only 4 active battles and there are users who are unable to post messages (in chats with no modchat set, mind you) because they're "typing too fast".
    Hey Hugen, can you change my forum username from NainilJShah to Nainil? I think it would be better for everyone from PS to find me with.
    hello
    >(')____, >(')____, >(')____,
    (` =~~/ (` =~~/ (` =~~/
    ~^~^`---'~^~^~^`---'~^~^~^`---'~^~^~
    you have been visited by the ducks of happiness
    please have a joyful day!
    Sharan told me you're never coming back to Australia. Sad to hear you're gone for good man :(
    Why not just ban Leppa Berry? This way we avoid the complex bans, while losing practically nothing.
    mjb says you do things, can you reset the password for V0x on PS please? I forgot it <_>
    Hugendugen
    Hugendugen
    just to verify, do you live in california?
    Lemonade
    Lemonade
    I'm from california, going to school in north carolina though
    Hugen can infinite battle just have all chances to recycle/harvest leppa berry always fail. Using an elaborate trick set up with entrainment durant it's easily possible to use gothorita and gothitelle to trick leppa onto a trapped opponent, then trick it onto your recycle mon, then protect spam the entire match. Check out this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-82489769
    Hugendugen
    Hugendugen
    I know we do it for Sleep Clause, but I'd really prefer to alter as few game mechanics as possible.
    banning leppa berry+recycle is retarded. If I use funbro but without heal pulse, that won't make the battle endless and the opponent will eventually die from struggle damage. leppa+recycle on it's own is not close to being banworthy whatsoever
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/endless-battle-clause.3498304/

I would like that you read the thread and gave me a valid opinion (one that isn't "we ban it because it's not competitive" or "your PS ranking is shit so you don't have reason trololo" like some mods in the thread have done) about why is Leppa+Recycle and not Leppa+Recycle+Trap banned, please.
    BoomBoomRevenge
    Yes, we were talking about it in the thread and I exposed one set that uses lepparecycle, but the thread got locked before we could further develop into the topic. Anyways wouldn't banning something because "it has no competitive uses anyways" imply that things like Bluk Berry should be banned as well?
    Hugendugen
    Hugendugen
    If Bluk Berry could be used to force an endless battle or do something else that isn't in the spirit of the game, then yes. Obviously I'm not saying that all items or moves that don't have a competitive use should be banned.
    BoomBoomRevenge
    But it's not the Leppa + Recycle the thing that forces an endless battle, but trapping + Leppa or trapping + Recycle (besides from the very specific scenario that you listed above) .
    Hi, you should consider changing the endless battle clause to a more rational ban of recycle+leppa+trapping, this will prevent any indefinite stalling where the outcome is decided by who wants to give up first as any stalling player (who manages to set up an endless battle against one remaining pokemon) will always be in a position to win at a time of his/her choosing.
    Worried
    I also think that this ban should be reconsidered. Trapping + (recycle or harvest) + (healing or truant/entrainment/protect) is the core issue that leads to a (relatively) reliable endless battle. While it's true that one could pull this off without trapping by just waiting for the last pokemon to be alive, this is not something that can be reliably done with the ensemble banned.
    Worried
    I should think that the point of banning a set should be based on whether the set is inherently uncompetitive or broken. If a player manages to force an endless battle in a way that circumvent the specific ban, then that is less of a result of an uncompetitive set and more of a result of player misconduct, the latter of which is an issue to be resolved by moderation, rather than by moveset banning.
    Worried
    Here is an example of such a ban: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-80347983. I think that the combination of the specific moveset clause and making infinite stall a bannable offense should resolve the issue, while not disallowing legitimate uses of recycle+leppa.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…