Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Zarel? I need you to change the name, address of the server:
    thedarkness.psim.us
    TO
    Address: moosic.psim.us
    Name: Moosic@PS
    THis is simply because it was first for a league but they split their league and ended it. Now i need this for music. Sorry to disturb you sir, thank you :)
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Wallposting really isn't the right way to ask me for this... Server issues should probably be directed to #showdown in irc.synirc.net
    IonStine
    Oh.. sorry i didnt know ;~;
    hello i run the kiwi server and need to change the ip adress location of the server because i now am useing a diffrent server hosting service ,how would i go about doing this
    Whenever I use SSH to try and start up my server, as soon as I close down the client, the server closes as well. Do you know if there's any command I can run that will allow me to start/close the server using SSH while still being able to close my client?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Option 1: use 'forever' in daemon mode
    Option 2: use 'screen'
    Option 3: use 'nohup'

screen is probably the most convenient, once you get used to it.
    Naoi
    Naoi
    Screen works really well, thank you c:
    Zarel, I strongly urge that you review a Mod by the name of Steeledges. He banned like 14 people in 10 minutes for no reason. http://i.imgur.com/zpW4dPh.png Sorry if this is the wrong place, didnt know where else to turn too. Btw, more were banned after that screenshot. Thank you in advance.
    Woodchuck
    Woodchuck
    if you aren't aware of what is actually going on (e.g. those people spamming in the tournaments room) then don't get involved. don't overstep. you may want to help but this just wastes zarel's time.
    Moneyminty
    Moneyminty
    I actually DO know whats going on, no offense. but dallascowbowys94,fakemcfakemon, narutowars many users were banned unnecessarily . Check logs if its possible of that chat. I have only one more screenshot of him disrespecting users if needed
    haunter
    Those users are either permabanned ones (see elibump) or bad trolls. I'm investigating on the ones you named, but so far I don't see any abuse.
    I found a Bug Involving the kick command. When i attempt to kick a guest i get a warning. the chat output says Zraxix was Warned By Zraxix. I'm admin so its not a permissions issue.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    PS doesn't have a real kick command, /kick or /k just gives a warning.
    the gig is up, i know u r yuyukunto
    LAZAF
    LAZAF
    Zarel, you said you are willing to negotiate, but it takes two to tango. Negotiate with me.
    LAZAF
    LAZAF
    Come on man. You jack my name that I had for over a year. Im not even autoconfirmed anymore. The reputation that I have built up on that alt, may never be replaced.
    LAZAF
    LAZAF
    Zarel you answer me right now!
    I've created and registered my ps server, but i was wondering how i would go about cloning the respiratory on a ubuntu machine instead of re downloading the zip file all the time (Since the cloning button does not appear on linux However it does on my mac).
    Thank you for your time.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Cloning has to be done using the command line on Linux, it's just:

to clone: git clone [repo url]
    to update: git pull
    Aananth
    Aananth
    and to update with main repo: git merge upstream/master (if you are using a fork)
    PS is really shaping up, I have to say. The models look fresh and vibrant, but I still like to use the sprites as well. I hope you'll be adding a mode where one can switch between animated sprites and models, that'd be pretty nice. :)

On another note: I like to theorymon on how some Pokémon would fare with different stats, but I don't know in which subforum I should place that. Do you know a suitable subforum?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Sprite/model mode: Planned.

Theorymonning: Sorry, I'm the wrong person to ask.
    Hi it's me again c:

So my server has definitely been up for more than 36 hours now, just haven't gotten around to asking you about having it registered yet. Is there some proof of its uptime I need to show you or are we just on an honor system here? :3

Again, this is no rush, as I know you've got a billion and one other things to do. If you'd rather me ask another admin, just let me know. No problem at all ^^
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes, please ask another admin. If there's trouble with that, though, feel free to hit me up.
    Hi Zarel. Firstly thank you for creating Pokémon Showdown. Secondly, there is a big problem with the ranking on the ladder, everyday i loose some points while I'm sleeping. Yesterday I was at 1668 on Gen5 OU ladder and today I have 1662 (and yesterday morning I won 3 points without playing). I don't know if is that intentional but if it is, it's not good.
    [...]
    Luckstard.
    Luckstard.
    [...]
    If I get first on the ladder with +13 on the second one, he will need 2 wins to get 1st place over me, with the "natural readjustement of the ladder", he will win 5 points without playing, I will loose 6 points without playing, so he will need only 1 win to get 1st place since i will have only +2 on him; The second one of the ladder doesn't deserve his 1st place then.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yes, this is called rating decay. You lose points every day, so you can't keep your current rating by doing nothing.

The rating decay formula is pretty simple. You lose 1 point/day at 1400, 2 points/day at 1450, and so on (so 6 points/day at 1668).
    Luckstard.
    Luckstard.
    Ok, the fact is that yesterday I have done 5~6 battles on the ladder, so I have done something but lost 6 points. It's pretty annoying :/
    Hi Zarel. Hope your the right person to report a glitch with PS to. Apparently on Musharna, the Telepathy ability does not work. Hope you can get it fixed soon! :)
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Are you sure? It's possible you forgot to select Telepathy. Can you link to a replay that shows the bug?
    Golden Piloswine
    Golden Piloswine
    Ah, nevermind. I made a mistake. I didn't relize mold breaker negated Telepathy. Sorry bout that.
    Hello Zarel, firstly thank you for creating Showdown, secondly I've been curious about something for a while now, are you able to demote room owners like wingg?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    In general you should talk to Hugendugen or Jasmine about demoting room owners.
    Hey Zarel I hope you see this. I was always a huge Pokemon fan but as soon as I found your site I fell in love with it 10X more than I ever thought I would. Thank you for creating PS and all you do for it. Competitive battling amplified my love for Pokemon more than I ever thought was possible and this site got me into it so in other words Thank you for creating the best site ever :D
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I'm glad you like it. :)
    Hey Im noticing no shinies.When will they be added? And No mega medicham gen6 sprite.When will that be added too?
    Hi, it's me again c:

So I was finally able to reinstall everything, started up my PS server, and this happened: http://pastebin.com/bRb7E5ej

Not sure if this is a problem caused by something on my end or a known bug that I'm not aware of, but this didn't happen last time for me :c
    Zarel
    Zarel
    But that's only if you're sure nothing else has changed. Are you sure your public IP is static? Are you sure every NAT between you and the public internet is set for static DHCP and still has port forwarding configured correctly?
    Naoi
    Naoi
    o__o

It came back on randomly right now. No idea why. I'm sure my IP is static though and my ISP didn't have problems with me hosting a Pokemon Online server for a year and a half. Port forwarding hasn't changed either. Weird...I'll see if it stays up this time.
    Naoi
    Naoi
    Oh, and thank you again for helping me out with this so much c:
    hi zarel y is PS lagging alot its so annoying :( i want no lag at all please explain y there is lag in PS
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Most commonly, this happens when we don't restart as often as we should. It's been restarted so it should be fine now.
    jolteon64
    jolteon64
    oh ok <3 love ya zarel
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…