TheMantyke
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi. I have been browsing the VGC discussion area and I saw something about becoming a QC member, saying to contact you about it. I have a large amount of experience in VGC, and I have been a regular contributor to the X/Y VGC Analyses subforum sinse way back in either late december or early january (can't remember which) (the main reason that my Talonflame analysis was so much of a mess was due to (character limit)
    Martin
    Martin
    me testing a load of stuff during the early days of the format XD). So far, I have completed a Talonflame analysis, and I am currently working on analyses for Tyranitar and Rhyperior (both of which are kinda dead due to the recent inactivity of QC :P) and I am currently pending response on my request to do an extra analysis in Rhydon (and, while I'm at it, I might as well also request to take (character limit)
    Martin
    Martin
    over Rotom-H and the now abandoned Ferrothorn and Abomasnow analyses - I don't really mind having lots on my hands ;P). I want to become a QC member mainly to revive the forum a little as there are a few analyses which are on the verge of GP, but just require that last QC stamp (such as Conkeldurr).
    Hi, can I have permission to do an analysis for Rhydon? It is overall bulkier than Rhyperior after a boost from Eviolite at the cost of Solid Rock, offensive presence and the ability to hold another item. Though there are lots of drawbacks listed there, this additional bulk means that it is argubly the best Lightningrod supporter. (character limit)
    Martin
    Martin
    as it is, like I said before, exceptionally bulky, and Lightningrod lets it fit well onto Electric-weak teams well for this. However, like I said before, it lacks offensive presence and doesn't have access to solid rock, limiting its use to Lightningrod support and sponging hits. It is also forced to run Eviolite over something like Phasso Berry, Rindo Berry, Sitrus Berry or even Lum Berry.
    Would it make sense to make an anouncement saying that, if a pokemon doesn't need a specific IV, you can say that they don't need a specific IV on the main set as all mons need to be bred due to the lack of access to hacked pokemon? I think it would be helpful for people building teams for the format so they know when they can save a little time by missing an IV or two.
    Martin
    Martin
    Also, is the applying for the vgc tutoring programme to sign up to be a tutor or to apply for tutoring? If its the former, how can I apply?
    do you have tips on how to catch good iv legends. im lookin to get modest articuno. the only thing i know is use synchro ralts
    TheMantyke
    TheMantyke
    It's gonna be a lot of luck and Soft Resetting. If you want, you can use a "one under" pokemon that has one less speed point than a 31 speed articuno so that any articuno that outspeeds it is either +speed nature or has a 31 speed IV. Also, if you knock out the ralts at the front of your party, you still get the synchronize effect, so you can have something else fighting arty.
    Martin
    Martin
    Also, similarly to how friends safari mons automatically have 2 perfect IVs, legends will automatically have 3 perfect IVs which is incredibly helpful
    While editing my post, I accidentily deleted my skeleton. Is there anyway of getting it back?
    TheMantyke
    TheMantyke
    Gotcha covered! Check the thread.
    Jonater
    Jonater
    thank you so much! i had a heart attack when i accidentally removed it.
    Just pointing out that Magicxgame has kinda abandoned the ferrothorn thread. Could you reassign it to someone who is actually going to pay attention to it?
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ferrothorn.3501582/
    Also, would it be OK if I copy/pasted the tyranitar stuff into a new thread as I am unable to change the title and prefix? It would be really helpful for the future of the analysis' work
    Martin
    Martin
    I did it about a day after posting this (sorry for not waiting for permission first, I just realised that it was prolly easier as I vm'd Laurel and he hadn't got around to it over a week later XD). Would you be kind enough to lock the old thread
    Martin
    Martin
    Hey. We're supposed to play in the Battlespot tourney. I'm in EST and should be available Saturday afternoon.
    Twilight Nova
    Twilight Nova
    Sunday would work but it looks like the deadline is Saturday. Are you free tonight?
    Twilight Nova
    Twilight Nova
    I posted saying we are going to try to play tomorrow. I should be available on the afternoon.
    TheMantyke
    TheMantyke
    So it seems Virtual Router has picked a fine evening to stop working again. I'm sorry for the delay and my unresponsiveness setting up this match; I'll throw the match.
    I love your avatar XD Nui is absolutely loathsome yet very entertaining.
    Hey I'd like to apply to become a vgc leader
    TheMantyke
    TheMantyke
    I was never invited to become lcf staff: n
    v
    v
    Fool.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…