alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Dragon/Poison Haxorus: Gives Haxorus a very good niche in that it actually can beat Fairy Pokemon soundly with it's new secondary STAB. It's unique and gains some very useful resistences. Dragon and Poison has pretty solid neutral coverage and he gets EQ to hit Steel types with anyways. Being immune to Toxic goes a long way with sweeping and free switch-ins.
    Magic Guard Moltres: It's something we've always wanted for a poke with a 4X weakness to stealth rock. It takes toxics, leech seeds, and whatever status you really want to throw at it. When you negate stealth rock, fire/flying isn't "that" bad of a typing. Not to mention it has great bulk, access to reliable recovery, and will-o-wisp. It makes sense because, well, look at the aura of flames around its entire body.
    I have... a strange idea for theorymon...
    It isn't a buff to a pokemon per say, but rather a combined buff and nerf
    Consider this, grounded pokemon come in and get hurt by spikes, but flying pokemon are fine, they roost and are still fine.
    What if flying pokemon recieved the negative effects of Toxic Spikes and spikes upon roosting?
    NeonNinja96
    NeonNinja96
    Please don't just ignore it...
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    Theorymons is designed for giving a Pokemon a new move/ability/typing; mechanic changes are not implemented here. I can understand and appreciate your intentions with wanting to bring (Toxic) Spikes back up in usage and whatnot, but this isn't the metagame for those kinds of changes, sadly.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    What he said. Also, i never ignore anything.
    Yo, I would like to propose something about the theorymon project. With some friends we thought about the move Quiver Dance on Flygon. It could give him a way to not be a poor man's Garchomp anymore by having the best special boost attack which allows him to take advantage of his good special coverage (DPulse/EPower/FBlast or FThrower). (1/3)
    Taker
    Taker
    He could also setup on pokemons like Rotom by using a set with Roost (or even Giga Drain) to setup some Dances easily. He doesn't have any weakness to common priorities too (Ice Shard being not as common as others), then the revenge killing could be pretty hard because of this and the fact QD gives him a special defense boost.(2/3)
    Taker
    Taker
    I think it could be interesting but manageable, because of the fairy typing (he doesn't have any super-effective special move to hit them, even if Earth Power at +1 can be hard to tank), and some scarf pokemons if he's not at +2 (Chomp/Keldeo...) which can RK him. Thanks for reading this, by hoping you'll find this enough interesting. :) (3/3)
    Taker
    Taker
    Oh and btw, this Flygon could be a way to take both Landorus if they don't have HP Ice.
    For a theorymon, what about Recover Cofagrigus? Its ability and huge Defense lets it stop tons of physical attackers, such as Azumarill, Charizard X, Mawile, Pinsir, and Talonflame. It has reasonable Special Attack and Special Defense, and good support moves like Will-o-wisp. Cofagrigus' biggest issue is a lack of reliable recovery. With Recover, that issue is gone.
    Hey, thank you for the topic about theorymoning, I've got some old ideas. Levitate Magnezone, which is pretty obvious. Sure he loses his niche as a steeltrapper, but with his great typing, new ability and good overall bulk, he becomes a nice pivot that check many mons. (1/3)
    DrCalder
    DrCalder
    The second is Technician Weavile. Seriously, this guy screams for it, both with his movepool, his design and his behavior. He stays frail and stuff but his technician boosted Ice shard (and some other moves) is pretty good considering his base 120 attack. Not the best for sure, but clearly improved. (2/3)
    DrCalder
    DrCalder
    Rapid spin Bronzong is as neat as obvious too, granting him some extra utility. And sorry if my english is not perfet, it's not my mother tongue and for a matter of principle, I don't use any translation device. Thanks for reading, hope you'll find these decent ^^
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Thx for your suggestions, will consider them.
    Ok, this one is good: Prankster Froslass. Priority Spikes, Destiny Bond, T-Wave, Substitute, and even Hail or Rain Dance can be set before kicking the bucket. It could be better version of Klefki, higher offensive stats, access to Destiny Bond and Hail/Rain Dance, etc. Flavor-wise, it's twisted and evil, like M-Banette, and freezes people and prey to display. I think it would make an interesting discussion.
    How about adding normal type to Babette/BanetteM? With a normal type, it gets an imunity to the ghost type (wich is one of the best atacking type), leaving it with only one weakness, while completly walling pokemons that run the ghost + fighting and ghost + normal combinations, not getting outclassed by sableye anymore ,and getting STAB on return (as its physical movepool is disgusting).
    ladt2000
    ladt2000
    Also it's a doll, so it should have normal typping along with ghost.
    Extremespeed Braviary. If Togekiss can learn it, why not Braviary? Anyways, his Extremespeed would only be minutely weaker than Talonflame's Brave Bird, and he can easily set himself apart with much higher attack, Superpower, and surprisingly good bulk. Plus, he has STAB +2 priority to revenge kill even Talonflame himself, among many others with priority.
    Dark/Fairy Mega Absol. We all thought it would be so, but what if it actually was? STAB Play Rough and no Fighting weakness, but a new Poison and Steel weakness, which seems balanced. Flavor-wise, Absol is a pokemon that foreshadows disaster, appearing wherever disaster is set to strike, so it has some sort of supernatural feel to it, like the Fairy type, so it fits perfectly. 1/2
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Can also run Fire Blast for Steel coverage, making it a much better mega, and a new threat in the OU metagame. 2/2
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Mega Absol is ranked higher than C+, so it can't be picked.
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Oh ok, np.
    Ice Body mega abomasnow would be something I would like to see considering Abomasnow can then summon hail AND benefit from it himself for a few turns. Later in the match he can switch back in and actually make good use of his bulk with a non-nerfed synthesis.
    Pipotchi
    Pipotchi
    Also Dark/Flying Mega Absol would be cool. Switches his weaknesses which can be critical when so frail- also gives more options to switch in due to ground immunity and the ability to bounce back stealth rock (also aerial ace provides good coverage)
    Sorry for the repost, but I have to do it again

Electric/Fighting Electivire. This new typing gives it STAB to Cross Chop, which will be it's new strongest move, and a STAB Power Up Punch, if you switch this into an electric type attack you can also get 120 base speed, nothing to laugh about.
    The last few theorymons have been underwhelming imo. Heres a list of theorymons I've proposed:
    Normal/Ghost Porygon-Z - I believe it still fits flavor wise since Porygon- Z is corrupted data that still functions. Like a zombie.
    Parting Shot Krookodile - An alternative to Landorus-T. Trades away a bit of attack and Flying type for dual STAB and a little more speed.
    Spaceman Craig
    Trace Metagross - A niche check to Pokemon like Heatran, Mega Mawile and Azumarill.
    No Guard Toxicroak - A mixed attacker with unorthodox STAB combination.
    Technician Cloyster - A better idea than Water Shuriken Cloyster imo.
    Drought Meganium has the power to stay alive in ways that Nine only wished it could. With Synthesis, Leech Seed, Screens and aromatherapy, it has plenty of clerical powers now backed by free weather for the team. Lacking of Stealth Rock weakness, Drought Meganium might be an interesting theorymon.
    How about Fur Coat Delphox? Makes up for the lackluster Defense giving it the opportunity to be a Calm Mind sweeper. There's also Fire Spin and Mystical Fire to consider. She can even be a good support 'mon with Magic Coat, Will-O-Wisp, Light Screen, and did I mention she gets Sunny Day and Wish?
    abenx
    abenx
    With so many options to choose from, I think this would be a good 'mon for discussion, instead of "This set good?" "yeah" "sure" "I agree with this set"...
    abenx
    abenx
    Flavour-wise she does have a lot of fur. (Unless, of course, it's all earhair)
    Turn Up
    Turn Up
    I still think the Power Herb Solarbeam Magician will be better, Delphox is easily better offensive than defensive, I've been using Delphox a lot in RU recently, and that Magician has been helping a lot
    Ice Beam Rotom-F
    Sucker Punch Krookodile
    Shaymin + Serene Grace
    Tough Claws Infernape
    Regenerator Meloetta
    Brave Bird Unfezant

Or are all these, barring Meloetta, far too offensive ?
    Turn Up
    Turn Up
    In my opinion the Rest Natural Cure Shaymin would probably be better. Sucker Punch Krookodile is nice, Ice Beam Rotom-F is useful, Brave Bird Unfeasant doesn't seem good enough to make it OU, and Tough Claws Infernape, and Regenerator Meloetta are great choices, despite Infernape being in OU already
    Sorry for constantly suggesting theorymons, but this sounded like such a good idea to me. I swear this'll be the last one for a while. Trick Wobbuffet. He can Trick a Choice item onto the desired opponent guaranteed aside from those with Taunt/Sticky Hold thanks to Shadow Tag, crippling defensive Pokemon and even offensive ones, and providing your teammate with a safe switch.
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    I have another suggestion, but I'll hold off on it until after the next theorymon is done with.
    RowDog
    RowDog
    Trick + Shadow Tag Gothitelle already fulfils this role. Why would we need Wobbuffet to do this?
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    Oh shoot, you're right! I completely forgot about her. Derp.
    Rotom-S + Roost
    With Roost, Rotom-S would be unique to other formes in that it would have a reliable recovery option! Unlike Zapdos, it would have access to Will-o-Wisp, Trick, and Dual Screens(Roost would give it more survivability than Rotom-W). Another interesting implication is that Flying-Type + Levitate lets it use Roost wilst still being immune to Ground-type moves (although fairly situational)!
    apparantly snow warning kyurem >my refridgerate kyurem posted days before

meh who cares, its your project, and I have no right to attack you on your opinions, not even what I came to post about: Mega Venusaur is not checked by Aegis, standard sdef saur avoids even 40% damage from air baloon variants shadow ball, and it cann giga drain + EQ to deal way too much damage to it to be considered checked
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Snow Warning was a better suggestion than Refrigerate because it gives some utility in removing opposing weather, unlike Refrigerate which is all about power. As for Aegi, it can beat non SpD MVenusaur with SD or Spooky Plate sets, or act as a pivot to bring another Pokemon in safely.
    I know this is a bit soon after my last suggestion, but I want to suggest it before I forget/someone beats me to the punch. How about Power Split Bastiodon? He already gets Guard Split, so it kinda makes sense. He can cripple an attacker and either make Toxic stalling much easier or provide a safe(r) switch for a teammate and let them do their thing.
    Valmanway
    Valmanway
    For example, if a Bold 0 Atk IV Bastiodon were to use Power Split on a Naughty max attack Kyurem-B, his attack would go down from a scary 482 to a much more manageable 290, making it much easier to switch in on him.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will consider it, but i think it's too gimmicky to work.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    I don't know, I think its gimmicky but should be easy enough to pull off, so it should still work.
    I once tried Magcargo with Shell Smash, Weak Armor and Guard Swap, and actually pulled it off way more frequently than you'd think. So I think that Power Split Bastiodon would work.
    How about part fairy Alomomola? It could have all of those epic Azumarill resists!
    252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Whimsicott: 127-150 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also if whismicott uses cotton guard on the switch in instead of leech seed/etc then its...
    51-61 (15.7 - 18.8%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
    Whismicott / Fur Coat

Its a huge physical wall, with resistance to both fighting/ground. Sure it lose prankster but with 116 base speed it'll still be very fast.

Basic set:
    Whismicott @ Leftovers
    Ability: Fur Coat
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
    Bold Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Toxic
    - Cotton Guard
    - Protect/Sub
    tbone51
    With this set, its stalling can practically stop any physical hitters in its tracks, but its checked by grass+poison types (especially Venasaur or Gengar).

I think it works well both in OU and Flavor wise. Hopefully this is my best one so far.

Also whismicott be the physical fairy in OU (even though Klefki might be better use)
    Maybe I should lurk more, but I'm surprised that I haven't seen this one - Grass / Fairy Florges. Grass / Fairy Florges lets it stand apart from Sylveon and make a potentially good core with Heatran. Their typings synergies really well; Florges can tank Fighting, Water, and Ground moves aimed at Heatran, while Heatran can take the Fire, Flying, and Poison moves for Florges. Grass gives it some neat resists overall.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…