alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'd like to suggest a new Theorymon, one of my personal favorites: Fur Coat Flareon. With Flareon's newfound love, Flare Blitz, it's whopping 130 Attack, and a great 110 Sp. Def., the only thing that's missing (Besides speed) is Defense! Fur Coat would give Flareon a new lease on life, allowing it to be a monstrous mixed Tank. Flavor-wise, look at it! Thoughts?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry but Flareon is too shitty even with Fur Coat.
    -Flygon-
    -Flygon-
    Oh, so Dragon/Steel Druddigon gets on, but Flareon is dismissed immediately? Sorry but Druddigon is too shitty even with Steel typing.
    Hey axel, I'm just curious but have some of my ideas been a bit off track or so? I was just curious for feedback on if my suggestions are acceptable or if I need to look at theorymon ideas in a different way. Not griping, just curious.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Don't worry, your suggestions are just fine, it's just that i preffered some others a bit more so far. I have yours in mind though...
    Salemance
    Salemance
    Ah, I got ya then. Just curious as always.
    Poor Galvantua... what if it got Quiver Dance? Once upon a time, people thought it did based on early translation errors in Gen5 or something like that.

Either way, it'd help the little spider out, and it's not just an offensive boost. It can get the speed to web and tho a special defense boost may not seem great on it, I can safely say this Theorymon is not a mindless offensive one by that excuse alone.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    No mindless offensive buffs, it's one of the rules in the OP.
    Suggesting Regenerator Klefki. It may not have exceptional bulk, but it has the best defensive typing in the game which lets it in on a lot of resist. It can abuse recycle red card to be one of the best pivot in the game with regenerator for recovery, as well as being a very good dual screens user. It's current niches are outdone terribly anyway, by thundurus-I and deoxys so this gives him something else useful
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Klefki is a bunch of keys, it is not hard to regenerate from stealing more keys, from a flavor point of view.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    On second thought, Magnezone seems like a better choice for Klefki since it has the same niche and more, but it's up to you which one you prefer
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will consider it, thx.
    In addition to restating Trick Room Granbull, I'd like to suggest another theorymon, in two variations - either Speed Boost Rampardos or Sucker Punch Rampardos.
    Both of those aim to actually let Rampardos use its attack stat somehow. If it wasn't hit first in its low defenses, it could show its high power.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    No mindless offensive boosts sorry. Also, Sucker Punch is not enough to make Rampardos viable.
    How about Unaware Lickilicky. Lickilicky has a very versatile movepool with support options such as the event moves Wish and Heal Bell as well as Knock Off and more offensive options like Swords Dance and a really good movepool. While Unaware always makes a mon better Lickilicky just seems like pokemon it would fit well (It just looks so derpy).
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Seems outclassed by Clefable and Quagsire, which have actual resistances to work with.
    acestriker19
    acestriker19
    Yeah I guess its too much flavor, Since we're on the subject of Starmie on the Theorymon thread how about volt switch Starmie? A spinner with the ability to pivot would be really nice and Starmie can also scare out ground types with water attacks. I can see volt switch giving Starmie lots of viable sets
    Mr Mime + Simple.
    Sceptile + Dragon secondary typing.
    Toxicroak + Protean.
    Glaceon or Jinx + Technician.
    This 420 character limit is a b*tch.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Grass / Dragon Sceptile: Specially he has Dragon Pulse. The new typing gives him 3 4x resistances so he can set up on a variety of pokemon such as Rotom-W with swords dance to pull of a solid physical set with access to a better physical move pool and STAB Dragon Claw or Outrage. He even has enough speed to pull off any choice set, and he has unburden to boost his speed further. Versatility = epic.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Protean Toxicroak: This would give him a great much needed boost. He has a large coverage move pool to change into a variety of types. In particular he could abuse Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch. Both give him a priority type change, one turning his 4x weakness and an immunity and the other giving him a mass of resistances, as well as both hitting hard with STAB.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Grass / Dragon Sceptile sounds very sweet, will seriously consider it.
    Hey Alex I've been away for the last 3 weeks so I'm a bit behind but can you please send me a link to the new viability rankings so that I can make sure my theory's aren't over C+? Also just to clarify the new system is discuss for around 4 days, vote, win, recycle, right? I'll post more theories in a minute.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    OK nvm I found it, shame that Roserade is still B-, Acid Spray Roserade would have been epic. Mind you Thundurus-T is still C+ and Tornadus is C so I'd like to restate either with Drizzle.
    Isa Simple
    Isa Simple
    Oh crap I found another new viability ranking thread -_-
    Is it the one you made or the one by Gary2346?
    In the Good Cores thread, how is Conkeldurr a problem? Gothitelle easily OHKOes it with Specs Psyshock, it just can't switch in specifically on Knock Off.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    True, i just cped the text from the person that posted it, will fix it thx!
    Proposing Volt Absorb Jellicent for the Theorymon project. Electric immunities are really good in the current meta with Rotom-W, Thundurus, Zapdos, Manetric, especially one that doesn't give a damn about their common coverage moves, and having reliable recovery to boot. It’s not like as if Jellicent will miss losing either its abilities anyway.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Flavorwise, many jellyfishes in general are usually depicted with electricity somewhere, so giving Jellicent a immunity to said typing isn't exactly farfetch'd
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sounds great, will consider it!
    'It conceals food under the long fur on its body.' Munchlax is certainly one of the better Fur Coat users in today's metagame. With Fur Coat and Eviolite equipped, it reaches 135/120/127 defenses.
    cartoon warrior
    With the correct ev investments, Munchlax can avoid the 2HKO from a fully invested Sacred Sword from Aegislash and a fully invested Flare Blitz from Mega Charizard X at +1. With some attack investment, Munchlax can then 2HKO both of these Pokemon with Earthquake. Whether it can recover from these hits is a different question.
    Regarding the most recent vote for Theorymon, in Viability Ranking Goodra is B-, I thought only C+ and below were allowed to change. Just something I've picked up
    I've got another idea for a theorymon here.
    Hawlucha is arguably one of the most unviable pokemon stuck in OU. How about Hawlucha recieves a move it desperately wants?
    Brave Bird.
    escarlata
    escarlata
    Hawlucha's only niche in OU is Unburden, and at which point it activates it boosts Acrobatics to only 10 BP weaker than BB, without recoil which makes it better. Hence Brave Bird is practically useless on Hawlucha.
    Aragorn the King
    Aragorn the King
    What it really needs is the Flying gem. I don't think Brave Bird would cut it.
    For the Theorymon project, how about a Claydol with Ground/Fairy typing?

Yeah, I know you've already done a million 'change typing to Fairy' suggestions, but hear me out. I've always felt that it's kind of a shame that Claydol is unviable in OU, since its solid bulk is undermined by its rather mediocre defensive typing, which leaves it with six weaknesses.
    Blumenwitz
    Blumenwitz
    Swapping out Psychic for Fairy would give it a whopping three immunities (Ground, Electric and Dragon) and four resistances, granting it more survivability. This would enable it to fulfill a plethora of roles in OU, given its wildly diverse support movepool, which includes Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, dual screens, Safeguard and Trick Room.

Whaddaya say?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will consider it, thx!
    Blumenwitz
    Blumenwitz
    No problem, dude! :D
    I've been thinking...
    Tough Claws seems better than Iron Fist for Infernape. Remember, Blaze kick has more power than Fire Punch. Mach Punch is pretty neat, but Infernape already has high Speed. Power Up Punch could do well with Tough Claws. U-Turn would be stronger. Play Rough might sound interesting too...
    Hey, I'd like to re-state my Dry Skin/Water Absorb Camerupt along with a new idea of Technician Abomasnow.

With Technician, Abomasnow can utilize Ice Shard at 90 BP, and a Frost Breath that is at base 135 power before STAB, stronger than his mighty Blizzard. While it might be limited to just boosting those two moves, I think it might be an interesting discussion for those alone.
    Aragorn the King
    Aragorn the King
    For what it's worth, it also would get Technician Bullet Seed
    Red Cat
    Red Cat
    It also gets boosts on Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, and Icy Wind for whatever the speed lowering effects are worth. Mega Abomasnow is also eligible for the buff, so that is something else to consider.
    Hey Alex, I think you should ban most OU Pokemon from Theorymon. The main point of it is to make pokemon more viable, but what fun is a ghost fairy Mismagius, or a water fairy Milotic if a Chansey or Blissey will come along to ruin your day. Or what fun is Roost Empoleon, when Ferrothorn can just take the lead role and synthesis up.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    The point is to make unviable Pokemon viable, that's all.
    I know there's been weezing suggestions before, but Poison/Steel Weezing would be a great Mega Pinsir check and do well against dragons reliant on Quake for coverage

Thematically its a floating landmine, often made of metal.
    Dilasc
    +2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 156-185 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

While Pinsir COULD 2HKO Weezing, the best way to keep it in check is to immediately switch Weezing in when Pinsir first SDs. Pinsir will need to switch out or risk getting burnt, which it likely doesn't want to do.
    Dilasc
    I'd almost say it's a pity it has no Steel moves available besides Gyro Ball, but then again, it really only needs the added resistances anyway.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will consider it, thx!
    FiVe YeArS aGo GaRcHOmP WaS bAnNeD FrOm oU PaStE tHiS oN aLeXwOLf'S sMoGoN wAlL oR YoU wIlL bE nExT

also why is grass/fairy celebi the first theorymon mentioned when it's not even close to being one of the project's best theorymons
    Muk
    Muk
    >thanking diatom
    Heyo, whenever you get a chance could you check my VR application? It's been over a month lol. I know you're busy, so it's fine, just wondering though. :]
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Oh really, i am so sorry man. You mind sending it to me again, i can't seem to find it...
    skies
    skies
    Sorry, I didn't include you in it! Just added yuo lol :]
    Here is a new idea for Theorymoning, which I believe has not yet been proposed :
    Grass / Fairy Celebi :
    Psychic typing is a poor man Fairy. With a Fairy typing, Celebi suddenly resists to U-Turn AND Pursuit, which is a just huge. He is still vulnerable to Scizor or Bisharp (well... Less) but [...]
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    Celebi resists to both Garchomp STABs and even +1 Adamant Fire Punch from Nite fails to OHKO 252/0 Celebi (Tinkerbell).
    Honestly, while Celebi is quite hard to use right now because of its numerous weaknesses to crucial moves (U-Turn, Knock off, Foul Play [40% min !], Pursuit), with a Fairy typing, it would be so easy to slap on a team.
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    That's all, thanks for what you do for this project !
    Full_Korbe
    Full_Korbe
    Well, I just realized that Celebi does NOT resist U-Turn. But still, he is not weak anymore, hurrah.
    I'd like to put forward a theorymon idea for Sheer Force Hydreigon. Sheer Force boosted Flamethrower/FireBlast, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast and Earth Power, but most importantly Dark Pulse makes it a great alternative to Latios and Latias in terms of Specially offensive dragons, which at the moment outclass Hydreigon almost completely. This brings some versatility to Specially Offensive dragons in terms of coverage.
    RowDog
    RowDog
    Sheer Force also compliments its good Mixed stats, boosting Crunch, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt and more.
    RowDog
    RowDog
    And flavour-wise I think it makes sense, and if Hustle Darumaka can evolve into Sheer Force Darmanitan, why can't Hustle Zweilous evolve into Sheer Force Hydreigon?
    RowDog
    RowDog
    420 characters just isn't enough sometimes is it? lol
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…