alexwolf
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey ,Can u rate my ou team when you get the chance? I already posted it and looking for feedback. Thanks in advance.
    hello alexwolf, i wanted to ask you something about Mawile. obviously it's gonna plummet now, but how long will it take for it to get to NU?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Tbh i am not sure how this would work, but i think that the standard procedure is to wait 1 whole year, though that would be absurd to happen for Mawile. Imo, it would be better just to drop it to NU directly, and if it ends up getting enough use to go in a higher tier then no harm done.
    PISTOLERO
    PISTOLERO
    Oh... so who should I ask/mention this to, because it's clear that it's not going to get usage anywhere else (it's kindof really really bad, but not so bad it's unusable in NU)
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    I think that Haunter should know how those things go, but if he doesn't then go to the NU leader, Raseri.
    Hey alexwolf. I have an idea for the viability ranking thread. The things to discuss section is much bigger than usual which is leading to extremely diorganized discussion. Listing 5 mons from that list and allowing clean discussion can give us the best result and he most organized discussion.
    Vert
    Vert
    For example, we start talking about mega Heracross, Alakazam, MDactyl, mvenu, and mega tar first and move to a new set of mons.
    I did the Torterra nomination :O
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Y, just saw it. Let's see how it goes.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    If you want to talk more about this, let's take it to PM.
    Hey man, do you think you could get on IRC? I want to ask for your opinion on some things but it would be easier in real time :D
    I understand where you're coming from. But sometimes how you say something is just as important as what you're saying. I just hope the other member did not take it offensively. Likewise, there has been other issues between members where people have been disrespectful. I just hope this is addressed. And I'm glad they have included a posting etiquette section.
    Starfall11
    Starfall11
    Thanks for letting me know. I think I remember you from the OU Absol thread. I feel it's a very underrated Mega. Heard it might be moving down to C rank. Kind of a shame, but Mach Punch and E-Speed hold it back. What do you think?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    I think that it should drop. Too frail, can't switch into most SR setters to take advantage of Magic Bounce, too slow against offensive teams before setting up, and not that strong too. It also has big problems with Azumarill and Keldeo, two S rank threats, and Mega Char X and Y can also wall it with bulky spreads.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    By before setting up i wanted to say before MEvolving.
    just thought I'd tell you that your hawlucha+luc team is sht on by latis :x. i'm not sure how to fix that with the mons u already have so you might want to reconsider your team composition :0
    craing ;_;
    craing ;_;
    I'm not knocking scarf rotom, you can alternate between scarf , bulky or even a combination of the two and see which performs the best. As far as the changes go, I think its a step in the right direction. Gard can even switch in on unmegaed manec and trace its lightningrod as that also runs over your team. Same goes with swift swimmers so
    craing ;_;
    craing ;_;
    yeah, gard covers alot of mons defensively and utility wise for this team. I can't make the best rate since I'm just skimming thru it but just test more. If you find any huge weaknesses just act on them and see what else you can do to fix em n_n
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Thx :D
    What IRC channel do you usually hang out on, I'd like to have a conversation with you :-).
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    On #cap and #xyqc mostly.
    skies
    skies
    ok I'll try and catch ya :)
    Hey do you ever come on Showdown? Or is there any place I could speak with you?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    I try to get in on PS, but it seems to be down for now. As soon as it gets back up i will PM you.
    skies
    skies
    Ok, I'm in the other metas room :-)
    so, is the ou theorymon thread dead forever?
    Vert
    Vert
    That nigga. Anyways gtg. I'll talk to you later Thursday (Milwaukee bucks right?) cuz I have school and shit.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sorry guys, i had already promised this thread to unfixable before a few weeks and i forgot about it. If you want you can co-host it, having multiple guys on a project always helps (one can count the votes, the other update the OP, etc).
    bb skarm
    bb skarm
    I've been talking with unfixable, he says I can work with him on it :) don't worry about it though, it's fine
    I'll probably update the core with Landorus-I mention in it. I'll tell you when I do nigga.
    Hey alexwolf, is the mega-update for the viability ranking ready or almost ready?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Will happen in a few hours.
    Empress
    Empress
    Excellent- looking forward to our new non-Aegislash rankings!
    Yo, given that Mega Mence is a thing, should we edit my old thread and unlock it (only once we get stats, of course), or do you think a new thread is in order?
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    No thread for Salemence yet, we know nothing about its Mega Evo other than the ability.
    Can we have a Salamence thread in OU? It's not like it is gonna fall to UU and there is a mega coming up ^^
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Not yet, as we don't know the stats of Mega Salamence, which is pretty important.
    Firebird101
    Firebird101
    Poor guy, he's literally stuck in a limbo :(
    I've been hearing from some people that if Aegislash does not get banned, it won't get tested again. Even if not so, by not banning it and potentially banking on waiting for all of the other tests to finish in a meta still undesirable because of Aegislash in the first place, you risk not having it retested because you weren't completely sure on its brokenness.
    trc
    By all means abstain if you want, but I can't bear to think that this long-time called for suspect might not get banned. Just my 2 cents.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    It doesn't matter what a lot of people say, as long as we don't talk about the OU council. People can say anything to get what they want, and when a suspect is so hated, it's only logical that people will try to convince others to ban him at all costs.
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Just take a look at history. When Excadrill was first suspect tested in 5th gen, it stayed in OU with only a 40% of people voting him Uber. But in the end, he was banned. The same can easily happen with Aegislash, and i don't want to have regrets about banning non broken Pokemon, especially when none of the pro-ban arguments have really convinced me about Aegi's impact on the metagame.
    and a bit of hp(which may or may not matter depending on the context of the battle)? If substitute isn't going to be replaced with another move it could at least be slashed with another move(sacred sword to beat bisharp for example) although that depends on aegislash getting banned or not
    alexwolf
    alexwolf
    Sub + King's Shield allows Aegislash to kill its foes after it has successfully Toxic'ed them. For example, use Toxic as Landorus-T comes in, and the next time you can kill it by alternating between Sub and King's Shield. Also, next time you want to start a large conversation, send me a PM.
    but (this post picks up where the last one started) I don't see many times where sub is useful. If subbing on the mandibuzz switch-in means that taunt mandibuzz can beat it then sub is useless against mandibuzz. Furthermore, why can't aegislash just toxic things on the switch-in (too be continued)
    Mandibuzz still doesn't counter aegislash because aegislash can just use toxic on the switch-in. This got me thinking about why aegislash needs to run substitute in the first place. I believe I understand the basic concept(with a substitute up prediction becomes nearly non-existent) too be continued
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…