Smogon Forums

PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
will do. and thats cool how thats all been calculated out. i want to be able to figure out my own instances of counters and whatnot eventually. I'm a strategist at heart which is why i like pokemon
EnGarde
EnGarde
I also have a careful mawile, btw, with a popular VGC spread for surviving non-STAB fire type attacks and better egg moves (SUCKER PUNCH), if you want that one instead, let me know.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
it seems that may be more fitting to my style actually
EnGarde
EnGarde
The careful one is in the twilight of its useful period (since it's sub-optimal for battle spot, and this VGC format will end in December), which is why I sent the TR one instead.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
did you want me to trade the mawile you gave to me back for it?
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i see.
EnGarde
EnGarde
Alrighty. I'll send it along as well. ^-^ Just be aware you'll probably want to rebreed for a different nature.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
i don't think i have enough to pull of a trick room team
EnGarde
EnGarde
We keep posting at the same time...you can keep the other one, and try both. That mawile makes a good TR counter (along with amoonguss in doubles...but that's another story). Going online now.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
id need slow stuff.. i mean i have an Aegislash as well. i don't have slow staples like slowbro or anything like that
EnGarde
EnGarde
whoa whoa, aegislash hates TR, since when it outspeeds and doesn't KO, it'll get get smeared in blade form.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
what nature should i aim for. adamant. brave?
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
makes sense >_< these are things more experience would have dictated to me
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
lmao at "Jaws of Life" haha
EnGarde
EnGarde
mawile has a lot of different flavors. Since it's so naturally slow and gets priority (SUCKER PUNCH OP), many people tend to run TR spreads (brave, 0 speed) to counter unexpected trick room teams. Some people go adamant with speed investment to meet certain speed benchmarks. It all depends on which way you want to go.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
my competitive party consists of those you have given me today, an alakazam, blissey, aegislash, latias, i also have most of the ghosts from the ghost giveaways waiting to train
EnGarde
EnGarde
Alakazam and blissey are generally sub-optimal for battle spot. Specialized walls that can only take hits from one side are generally less than useful + clefable runs a better minimize set than bliss, while 'zam is too frail and too susceptible to sucker punch, which is VERY prevalent on battle spot. Latias is useful, but she'll also have to watch out as well. Aegislash is super good, and while I personally prefer the sub/king's shield set with leftovers (substitute, king's shield, shadow ball, flash cannon/sacred sword if perfect atk), you might want to ask on SQ/SA or the RMT thread for more help. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-spot-teambuilding-discussion-help-thread-rmt-style-posts-here.3500348/

SQ/SA is better for quick advice on a single pokemon, and the RMT thread is best when you've got pretty much your full team in mind, and want opinions on it.
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
ill keep that in mind, i don't have a specific team in mind yet, I've been preoccupied with obtaing/training some staples andperfect IV pokemon up for regular use. i transferred my EV trained pokemon from last gen but i need to check ics on them because i misplaced them and i know for a fact that few if any had even decent IVs. They may be useless in competitive play
PJ_Graphix
PJ_Graphix
thats why I'm restarting. learning how to properly breed and trying to obtain the pokemon to do so. I got most of they natures for synchronize to get friend safari pokemon with proper natures as well.
EnGarde
EnGarde
Do you have a 6IV breeding ditto? The user Mostthe3rd has a standing giveaway that he's been running since before the giveaway forum was a thing, and his dittos are really good for US players because his game is German (unless your game's language is also set to German, you can masuda method for shinies with it). Read the rules to request one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/most.3509467/#post-5530273