Avnomke
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ETA for reffing on me vs ww? It's no priority, just making sure you haven't outright missed it.
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    I completely forgot, my bad. I'll ref it ASAP.
    Shouldn't the mons have drank from the lake before leaving?
    Tortferngatr
    Tortferngatr
    The question still stands--I said to drink from the lake before leaving. Shouldn't my mons have 10 hydration and be RPed as having drank from the lake, then?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Yes, yes they should have.
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    I updated the rp, but they went to ten hydration before the 6-hour round, meaning they are now at 9.
    Minor clarification: Is the lake entirely contained in (8,3) and (7,3)? I forget the exact details of our IRC talk about that.
    First I take a week to order in the Psychic-type gym due to irl business
    Next Gerard took a week to order in the Psychic-type gym due to irl business
    Now you take at least a week to referee in the Psychic-type gym due to...
    Question: Why couldn't TheWanderer see the lake from Charizard's exploration? (If it's about a 3*3 "square" wouldn't it be only 2 squares away from his starting point?)
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    It's 1x2, but you have to take 6 hours to walk to the other side of the lake. 6 hours across+6 hours down+6 hours across+6 hours up=1 day
    Tortferngatr
    Tortferngatr
    So it's a day's length in *circumference*?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Yes, it would take a day to walk all the way around it.
    Question: Milk Drink. Could it hypothetically be used to restore 1 food and 1 hydration at the cost of 1 hydration OR food from the Milk Drink mon (or for selfish use: restore 1 food at the cost of 1 hydration, or 1 hydration at the cost of 1 food)? (or some other effect involving hydration and food)

Seeing as Skiddo gets Milk Drink as an egg move [and you confirmed it was in Eternal Forest], I thought I might ask.
    Tortferngatr
    Tortferngatr
    Also, what do Insane maps offer over Hard maps? If Hard maps have doubled rewards, what do Insane maps get?
    Tortferngatr
    Tortferngatr
    Finally, given that there's only a (when totally blind) 1/50 chance that players will encounter a dungeon tile (reduced to a 1/75 chance for hard maps and 1/100 chance for insane maps), when players have 28 rounds outside of dungeons maximum...is that intentional?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Hm, I'm going to go with yes for the first thing with Milk Drink and no for the second. Insane is supposed to offer quadruple rewards (I may have forgotten to write that in) and hopefully legendaries (rp committee pls). And yes, that is intentional. I know that once people find the dungeons, they'll just make a beeline for them, so I'm making the harder ones (with better loot) harder to find.
    Did you still have that thread watched lol

Or did you just see it on the forum?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    I still have it watched, since I posted in it
    I updated my challenge before any of the three you are reffing posted, and I included everything that was needed (both as per the OP and compared to the other challenges), so why wasn't I allowed in when I fixed it?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Because I didn't realize you fixed it. You should have VMed me or posted on the thread saying you fixed it :|
    Seeing as Dogfish44 has been dismembered by Itsumo, want to try doing Into the Caves with me instead?
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Sure!
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Actually, I think I might want a word about your current build first. You should probably drop all your abilities, since they won't help much, and replace them with Friend Guard (which is FAR better than Overcoat and Anticipation) and Analytic (which is better than sheer force on slower characters). Speaking of slower characters, there is no point in increasing speed. In addition, Attack>>>>>Special Attack on trainers, as literally every special option (except Sludge) has a superior physical option. You should pretty much always run a 90/5+/2/0-/2/55 stat spread, with maybe a bit more HP. Also you might want a weapon :|
    Tortferngatr
    Tortferngatr
    1. Overcoat is literally there because my "primary mons" form a hail team, ED vetoed Ice-type trainers, and it was cheaper than Magic Guard. Maybe I should remove that for this RP if I'm not planning to bring Abomasnow.

2. Sheer Force benefits Confusion, Stomp, Headbutt, and Zen Headbutt--yes, Psywave/Strength/Pound/Mega Punch don't benefit, but oh well.

3. 100% accurate Zen Headbutts. :D

4. I understand that it's not optimal--I edited my post to include "optimal." My goal with Victor was to make a flavor build based loosely on me IRL that I could also have fun with.

5. I'll replace Overcoat with a Simple Backpack, but I'm not exactly a "weapon" guy.
    Just a note that you accidentally reversed Syclant's Atk and SpA stats in the end-round stats (its 5/4, not 4/5)
    Could have sworn that was not the case. That Wide Guard was only Nullified on the target, not for all pokemon on the target's side of the field. Which is why Feint was worded differently from Brick Break and why no one did jack shit when I brought this up.
    Mr. Mime is actually maxed now, so it should get 8 CC instead of 3 MC.
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Fixed.

(Holy crap what are you going to do with all that CC >.<)
    Hey, whatever else you want to sketch just let me know. ATM I can only chill but if you want I can help you get some stuff
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    I don't really need anything else sketched, although TR or hypnosis would be nice.
    Redew
    Redew
    yeah i can do that.
    Ehm, in the battle tower did you take my 5v5 match against Mowtom? Because it disappeared from the queue after you took my 2v2 but you didn't highlight Mowtom.
    Avnomke
    Avnomke
    Oh, whoops, yeah I meant too. I'll hl him in the bt.
    On Redew vs Pwnemon some pointers: Sheer Force was never toggled so no +2. Also Rivalry is a thing and the genders are different so thats -2. Also from handbook: "If the move deals damage equal to the amount of damage sustained multiplied by a certain number (such as Counter), the multiplier is squared in the combo", so counter+counter is just Damage received*2.25 instead of DR*1.5*2.25.
    Yeah, I am alive. :) I "quit" because I had a lot of IRL stuff eating up my time, and they cleared up earlier than expected, fortunately.
    Since Kirlia ended last round with a Psychic+Psychic combo (effectively 2 consecutive uses of Psychic for consecutive energy cost purposes), she should have 8 extra energy cost on her turn 1 Psychic, 12 extra energy cost on her turn 2 Psychic, and 16 extra energy cost on her turn 3 Psychic.

As a result, Kirlia's end-of-round energy should be much lower.

Also, Anticipation vs. Flame Charge.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…