Cresselia~~
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You probably should've stuck with jynx
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    lol, I wasn't even the one who changed it.
    Empress
    Empress
    Well, you did acknowledge that you don't like it, but is this one really any better?
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Just let them play with it a little more...
    It's going to end at some point, I think
    Noticed your post on COM about English speakers. I have only ever learned English and have much worse grammar than most kids who learned English second (when they were kids) I know. My friend who learned English as a third language (Chinese and Japanese) speaks the language quite well and actually taught me how to inflect the subjunctive mood ("If I were a telephone pole...", not "If I was a telephone pole...").
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    I thought I meant that people were too lazy to read info about homosexuals, instead of being bad at English.
    I meant, most info about homosexuals are in Engkish, so it is relatively easirr for them to read. (but somehow they did not bother)
    It really is the lazy part that upsets me, instead of their language proficiency.
    totoTavros
    totoTavros
    The reason why people don't know about homosexuality is the same reason why nobody cares about global warming/thinks it doesn't exist. People just don't fucking read. I'm even guilty of that. In the past year, I've only read a couple of random novels for school, To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, 9 Stories, and I'm currently working through Picture of Dorian Gray when I'm not exhausted from studying or on Smogon.
    Past tense "bought" - I used to buy Pokemon cards at Sanrio stores in the US, in 1998.
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Sanrio in Asia will never sell Pokemon stuff.
    Nix_Hex
    Nix_Hex
    Ah. My point was about counterfeit cards being easily detectable, at least back in the day. They were horribly made, sometimes with holographic material that covered the whole card (before legit cards had the full shinies). Imagine a rubbery, scaled down charmander that's holographic. Anyway, sorry for calling you out.
    yo im also from hk :)
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Franchisers = 版權代理.
    In order to hold official tournaments, you need to get the franchiser for Pokemon Video games to sponsor and hold it for you. Hong Kong has 3 separate franchisers for video games, cards , and animation.
    Although the card franchiser holds tournaments, it is for cards only.
    KeldeoJustified
    KeldeoJustified
    oic but the world cup of pokemon is from smogon so no need franchiser
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Oh, you mean that. Sorry, lol.
    Yes, I think you can join.
    I won't be available though., but thanks for telling me.
    id probably delete that picture in ur thread unless you want ppl on smogon finding ur facebook
    The best thing you can do is to respond to people you find discuss agreeably and ignore those you can't stand. One thread can support a few discussions at once on the same topic.
    I know not everybody is from USA. You can only put in 50. Also, you make it fairly clear you're from Hong Kong.
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    I guess if your thread title was "USA meetup", then it wouldn't have a problem.
    hey there :) i'm playing you in the Tutee tournament. I'll be on pretty frequently, I'm GMT-6 and will be GMT-7 in 3 days. How about you?
    Krauersaut
    Krauersaut
    Well starting now, I'm happy to say I'm back in GMT - 7! I'll be available after 12:00 P.M my time for virtually all day.
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Should be 12:15pm your place now.
    Or did I wrongly calculate?
    Krauersaut
    Krauersaut
    Yeah man I'm online right now, find me in ubers room :)
    hi, im your tutor for xy ou :)
    i see we have a pretty big time difference, but im sure i can accomodate it. whats your preferred way to talk? irc, skype, fb, simple pm vm?
    Cherub Agent
    Cherub Agent
    im on facebook all day, but skype is probably the best way, i dont go on irc too much nowadays. i wont always be able to go on ps since my computers shaky atm, but i can always use my GFs one :) phone has skype and irc too, so tbh whatever youre most comfy with!
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Ok. I posted my facebook and Skype in the Tutee talk thing.
    If you can't see it, I'll pm you.
    Cherub Agent
    Cherub Agent
    tutors cant see tutee talk :P
    Hey jynx,

Do you still have your paper on US audiences and ethnocentrism regarding Pokémon? I'm not sure what language you wrote it in, but if it's in English and you don't mind, I'd be really interested in reading it, or any sources you used at the time.

Thanks!
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Oh, it's covered in the essay I posted.
    The section was way smaller than I remembered though. Might be because I edited the essay many times before I handed it in.
    I don't have another essay about it, sadly. And I don't have a habit of saving deleted sections for my essays.
    jumpluff
    jumpluff
    Oh, I didn't see it. Thanks!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…