preserve
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Also I wasn't calling you out or anything; I wanted people to stop arguing semantics because that's not what the thread is for.
    In regards to your other point, I don't think anyone is seriously arguing that Digpinch are anything other than trash, which is why I (and others) argued that the collateral damage wrought by an Arena Trap ban is negligible.
    I'll admit that the Kyogre example is an exaggeration; it's sort of a classic Smogon thing that became an easy and relatable illustration to new users why we banned Greninja in XY and Blaziken in BW wholesale.
    Generally speaking, smogon's not against unbanning things ; the issue with Pokemon like Mega Lucario and Mega Kangaskhan is that they were tested and found to be broken. However, since Giratina-O was simply banned without a test, due to seeming way too powerful, it's a legitimate possibility that it won't be too broken.
    preserve
    preserve
    Kind of like Kyurem Black? The thing is that I don't think the main reason for unbanning Giritina is because it may be unbroken when previously assumed to be unbroken. If that's true we should probably test almost all of ubers. I think the main reason this is being suspected is to specifically change the meta, which I don't know how I feel about that.
    tehy
    That's definitely part of it, but it's important to note that this wouldn't exist at all if the OU council and moderators didn't feel that it has a significant chance of not being broken.

Ideally we would test all ubers ; however, we can tell that, say, Mewtwo and Arceus are 99.9% broken, so it'd be a giant waste of time on everyone's part. That said, any uber that has a significant chance of not being broken will probably be tested eventually.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…