Codraroll
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Would it be okay if I mentioned CAP in the Unpopular Opinions thread on the side, as long as I didn't entirely focus on that, since they technically do exist on Smogon?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I guess it won't hurt. As long as you write well, and give some reasoning. And, of course, that not many people are likely to agree with you. It's not the "Opinions" thread after all.
    Just wanted to let you know I called dibs for the inevitable Z thread like a week ago.

You will let me post that, right?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Well... we will make the thread when a game is officially announced, or maybe when a reliable source posts leaks (with direct confirmation). If we expect an announcement to come, we might make the thread in advance (otherwise there will be ~10 of them within two minutes of the announcement). I haven't entirely worked that out with the other mods yet, but I guess we'll find a solution on IRC. At any rate, we'll find a way to give you some credit in the OP.
    Karxrida
    Karxrida
    That's cool, thanks.
    New information came about the silhouette
    "Also, the massive Pokémon shown in CoroCoro that's also in the trailer has pulsating hexagons in the trailer around its body."

Now it's pretty much obvious what it is; does this warrant the thread being open
    Kurona
    Kurona
    Pulsating Hexagons is a very key design characteristic of Zygarde and not really any other Pokémon; especially not the Tao trio or whatever
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    That's true. I'll open the thread if you make the bumping post. I'm a little too tired to write out one now. It'll be open in a minute or so.
    Kurona
    Kurona
    whoops, was away for dinner
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Well... is there really all that much to discuss about it? If you could bring up some good discussion points I'll greenlight it, but just throwing the link out isn't enough, I think.
    About the Pokémon Pets threads: The first one returns an IP in Romania which has been reported as a spam source, while the second one is from India. Both have not been on since posting their appropriate threads. Ergo they are most likely spambots and should be outright banned. Your call though.
    I mean
    If even you can't find that thread, maybe a new one ought to be made
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Well, I guess so. It would have been outdated by a generation anyway, and that's assuming I remember correctly. Found an archived thread from 2007 on the subject, which also concerned moves certain Pokémon *didn't* have. That aspect of the matter would be a little iffy considering our "wishlisting" rules nowadays, but the "wait, why does ____ have ___?" question would be valid even now.
    Kurona
    Kurona
    Assuming the problem is simply stating "lol bagon has hydro pump haha", perhaps it would instead be more productive to make the thread's purpose not just pointing out these oddities, but actually generating discussion and possibilities for why they have them? There has been discussion for these matters throughout quite a few threads actually; we could even expand it to things like evolution methods and type chart strangeness.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I'd rather have it narrowed down a little. Have it span too wide, and you'll have people filling the thread with complaints about IVs and the Fairy type. Movepool oddities are fine enough.
    Sounds like you were, in irl

codrarolling your eyes
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    That's still not as bad as the previous one, I'm afraid.

No, wait, not "afraid". More like "reassured". That means you at least can't pump out stuff like that with a hundred percent consistency.
    In your most recent post at the Mysteries and Conspiracies thread, you said "Hoennite" to describe a person from Hoenn. Isn't it "Hoennese"? Just curious, since it's never stated.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    No idea. I thought the word was fitting, but "Hoennese" might be better. A Hoennite sounds too much like a Mega Stone for the Hoennese.

...like what happened to Mr. Bonding?
    Mova
    Mova
    I believe these are the adjectival forms of each region: Kantoan, Johtoan, Hoennese, Sinnohan (the "H" is silent), Unovan, and Kalosian.
    Hey I was wondering if by any chance you knew any Secret Bases with a Delinquent trainer type and if possible all Blissey as well
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Check the ORAS secret bases thread. I think somebody is keeping tabs somewhere around there.
    TyrantTyranitar
    TyrantTyranitar
    I tried to find more Secret Bases besides the ones in Secret Islets/Meadow etc but I couldn't find any with female characters
    MY OI THREAD TITLE WAS WRONG FOR THREE DAYS lmao kms
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Oh well. At least everybody resisted the temptation to reply that Pokémon designs should be based on Pokémon. Probably because that's exactly what Gen. V did, and it didn't work very well, with approximately half the dex being expies for existing Pokémon...
    So if i wanted to post a challange in the challange thread, do i have to accept one first?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Which thread was that, again? For the Scramble ChallAnge, you post challanges when people request them (see the OP, it has a quite extensive explanation). In the "Postgame challEnge" thread, I figured we could make a similar rule, so that the thread doesn't get flooded with challenges nobody plays. However, this is still up for review, so I might change it later. Keep your challenge in memory, and post it when somebody requests a challenge, or in case I lift the "only post challenges upon request" rule.
    Wait, if your badged, doesn't that mean you can't change your name back?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Nah, one needs to be a global mod to change names. I could just PM Stellar about it, but my old name was kind of noobish (In the coaster community, it'd be the equivalent of "Charizard" here), so I think I'll keep the new one.
    WideTomato
    I see, your pic is really cool though (I just noticed today that there were codfish in it)
    Nice new pic.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Thanks a lot! I figured I'd keep the username for a while. How long I have no idea. The old one wasn't even original. Like going on a rollercoaster forum and calling yourself "Charizard".
    Please have mercy
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    They announced it a long time ago
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I decided to wait for definite proof.

Or, well, we won't get any definite proof before Gen. VII comes along (and XY is soundly abandoned), but I figured that if they didn't announce any patches by release day, it'd be a safe bet that there wouldn't be any at all.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I meant that they explicitly announced there would be no patches, around the time they announced the separate Battle Spot ladders and said they'd be incompatible.
    Is your avatar meant to resemble an aborted fetus? If so, it clearly isn't funny. You should know better than to joke about that.
    Celever
    Celever
    What avi was this? O_O
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    It was an inside joke, but yeah he didn't respond so it's kinda weird outta context. :/
    I thought that that would be counted as thread spam? A thread a week..?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    It wouldn't be an unusual rate of thread postings, I think, and it would be easier to follow each individual discussion (plus, it wouldn't force discussions to be abandoned after a week either). In my opinion, it would be okay. But I think it would be best to ask the other mods on IRC, though. They might have a different outlook than me.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…