vonFiedler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I saw an old post of urs and you said mons might have been influenced by Palaniuk and Fight Club and i thought it was cool bc the fight gym leader in Johto was named chuck so y'know
    apologies, I thought you were saying a game that I play competitively for money was pure luck :P
    i saw psw went up and i wished at the time like anything i had the time to play (fuck uni) but i didn't notice all the changes you made to 5e and i am super interested to see how they play out, especially the new save system and RPS mechanic. have the innates totally subsumed order spells? hyped to see you hosting again anyway!
    I have been slowly going through the IMDB top 250 list since December and just saw your reviews in the movie thread. I've very glad that I'm not the only dumbass in the world who is trying to get through it all the way. I look forward to more of your reviews of the list. :)
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    You should join in. Maybe we can get valk to do it too.
    ButteredToast
    ButteredToast
    I very well might skip ahead to where you're at and join in. The motivation of keeping up might give me the motivation of getting through the doldrums of the foreign films which always seem to slow my progression.
    ButteredToast
    ButteredToast
    Like... I really have been caught on Cinema Paradiso, and I just have been skipping around the list for the past month because I don't want to get through it. xD
    hey von, do you have a goodreads account? jw because of your signature
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Nope. I've just been reading classic lit since the start of the year. Turns out that was a pretty good idea.
    I commend you for your outstanding taste. Fate is amazing, stay representing it (especially the Visual Novel) :)
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms is good but I could never finish it!
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    It does start to peter out when everyone cool is dead.
    Wat is ur avatar? I think I've seen that before. :/
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    It's Saber from Fate/Stay Night
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    If anyone sees this post in the future and I have changed my avatar, the answer is probably still the same.
    your posts got me thinking: I think there are people who have problems with their introversion, but they 'cope' by self-diagnosing/identifying themselves as 'slightly' autistic or aspergers or w.e (I don't really know how to negotiate all the terms tbh).
    Myzozoa
    Myzozoa
    And those people also try to find excuses for not having empathy and social grace.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Self-diagnosis is a problem, but not as much of a problem as people trying to write off autism as a bunch of people self-diagnosing. As well there are as many people who think they can ignore autism by saying that it's just a self-diagnosis for assholes as there are people saying it's a self-diagnosis for the shy. The best thing is for people to be diagnosed if it actually factors into their lifestyle, but whether or not they are autistic is not really a call anyone should be making.

Aspergers is no longer an officially recognized term because there is no meaningful difference, rather it was used to appeal to people who were very functional and didn't want any social stigma. I'm not even fond of the idea of a spectrum, it all runs off the idea that autism is based around low IQs when the IQs of autistic people are no less varied than those of neurotypical people. An autistic person with a mid level IQ is just a minority with less privilege than a white guy with the same IQ.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I was actually backwards in my post about introversion/extroversion, I meant I was social as opposed to antisocial (don't know what you think about those terms either), but if you define introversion and extroversion as whether a person is energized by being alone or in a group, I definitely believe in and feel the effects of that. Maybe that's a more modern interpretation but I don't know another word for it.

What you have to understand about autism and socializing is that it's not about nature vs. nurture, it's about being on a completely different page sense-wise in a world that preys on the weak and punishes differences. Every sense I have operates differently than yours, and that'd be true even if you were a fellow autist. Human communication works on an astounding number of basic levels that are taken for granted by 99% of the population, and communication between a NT and an AT will always feel somewhat off without significant learned mimicry.
    "I can't believe I have read a post by Valk where every single word was true and poignant and even succinct."

Alright sir, I'll take it. Hahahahaha.
    ok, so let me be honest: I have not finished playing Bravely Default, but I still want to move forward and make the mafia game. I am back from Thailand and now that I got a job, I know what hours are available to me. It'll be easier for me to plan around being up at certain times in the day and developing this game. Do you still want to do this?
    Acklow
    Acklow
    Otherwise, we can look at other options for making games if you'd rather go a different route. I'm just itching a little to make a game (albeit just a little), basically...
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Yus. December is gonna be work heavy for me but I'll have time to at least design the game, and hopefully run it early next year. I'm on IRC atm, I saw you just got off. I should be available at times four the next four days.
    Acklow
    Acklow
    I'm still on irc, just using a different nick.
    Now Reading: Lord of the Flies
    Ah nb I just finished reading this for school. Interesting book
    ehh I probably won't be available till the weekend, can't fite now either, so if you don't want to wait till then just take the win
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I want to play, but that's literally past deadline :(
    scorpdestroyer
    scorpdestroyer
    oops I didn't realize

I can either try Friday afternoon/night my time, or Saturday morn my time. I'll probably go to #fluodome and if you can't find me by the deadline, take the win

sorry for inconvenience :[
    scorpdestroyer
    scorpdestroyer
    if you're online let me know, otherwise i'll try another time
    Didn't want to get even more off topic in the thread, but I see your point re: Earth Kingdom and communism. Enjoyed the debate though!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…