brightobject
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• yo I saw your VM on my wall, what did you think about Age of Adaline?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    COINCIDENCE OR REAL
    brightobject
    brightobject
    maybe the aoa people wanted to piggyback off of aou hype like people type in 'age of' in the search bar and adaline shows up heh
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah and get people to accidentally get tickets to it instead of ultron ehehhe

but nah unless they changed the title of the film way into production or something (which honestly isn't a big deal) it's prob just a coincidence considering this seems more like an awards/art film rather than a blockbuster so it really doesn't matter how much money it makes

also lol I finally get what the title means due to that reference you made to Benjamin Button. I thought the title referred to age as in a time period rather than a person's years of age lewl guess I was thinking of Ultron there too
    APUSH is super easy bruh never fear
    brightobject
    brightobject
    yeah man, still sort of regret studying so hard for it

if i had to go back and do it again i'd probably cram anyway though
    lol I feel the same about you and aps, and yet I'm here :x

which are you taking
    brightobject
    brightobject
    ap bc calc (sad), apush (SAD), and ap stat (ez)

what about you?
    Aragorn the King
    Aragorn the King
    apush and ap lang.

lang (should be fine), but apush will be traumatizing.
    brightobject
    brightobject
    only thing im glad about it how they're curving apush sharper this year lol
    uncheck all your alerts in alert preferences imo
    brightobject
    brightobject
    then I'll waste more time looking through my news feed or something instead x-x
    AP's are fast approaching--please tell me to get off Smogon if you see me sneaking back :s
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    BE RESPONSIBLE AND WORK HARD FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT
    For model sheets, I'd go with Fidgit first, unless you get permission from DougJustDoug to draw Voodoom. :)
    pls tell me you went to bembos
    Ares
    Ares
    you can get it in peruvian markets, but I pretty much had it at every restaurant I went to cause of the no serving water with food thing.

I dont think I had lomo saltado but I did have ceviche. What about guinny pig? did you have that?
    brightobject
    brightobject
    lomo saltado is like some sort of salad with more meat than salad, delicious! Cuy is good too, really chewy but full of flavor *-* isn't it crazy how ceviche is cooked with acid and not heat? I didn't know that until Peru.
    Ares
    Ares
    im pretty sure they do that in japan to. I went to a seafood place and had several different dishes of fish, it was so good.

the size of the corn kernels is also crazy, and so many potatoes.

I went to a river that had the best fruit, I forgot what it was called, but it was in the desert near the coast.
    also the Vietnam joke was a good one
    brightobject
    brightobject
    I had the same problem with it as you, except I guess I was proposing a different solution; if you think about it it's like you could either go bad but epic <<---middle -godzilla--->> good but not as epic (like it's a continuum, y'know) and you want it to be on like either end. Most Godzilla fans (me included) basically wanted the former, because that's what Godzilla has always been known for. I feel if they were gonna do a not-so-good job of making us empathize with the characters, they might as well not have tried as all (I do think it would have been equally cool to have better character development though) and just used the tried-and-true godzilla formula instead. The cinematography was excellent though, especially with how every time they encountered the bad monsters they showed a bit more and a bit more until that one scene on the train tracks.

tl;dr neither do I, I just would've rathered they just done what the previous godzillas had done instead of serving up a half-baked attempt at character development. I do think them killing off Cranston was a cool choice though, really surprised me, kept expecting hiim to pop up out of the rubble after the credits or something lol.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Nah killing Cranston was a mistake, HE was what the movie needed to have that human element. Like I said to Hootie, a great way to get you to care about the characters is for there to be a lack of closure that you desperately want the characters to resolve. Him and his son's relationship was PERFECT. He's gone mad 'cause of his wife's death and became obsessive, and that pushed his son away from him when really what she would've wanted was for them to stay together. That's great drama, and then throw in that they get separated or something 'cause of the MUTOs and then you care about them and want them to both make it to the end to reconcile.

And yeah honestly I think either could have worked, because the effects in this were absolutely spectacular and the fights were absolutely amazing. I guess I kinda just wanted the more human perspective because that's not really been done before. Having it more as a disaster movie rather than an action or monster movie, and therefore focusing more on how humans (and you the viewer, by insert) would feel and be affected by it. Again, the cinematography reflects this (I was really pleased and affirmed when I watched the behind-the-scenes vids and they were mentioning that they were shooting with this in mind).
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    That's why my favorite scene in the movie is the HALO jump, 'cause some of it's shot in first person. It's seeing Godzilla up close and personal in a way that hasn't really been done before (in most of the Japanese films, most of the shots are like full-body and such).
    brightobject
    brightobject
    why'd you delete my vm mang :[
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    'cause I talked about it a lot with Hootie last night and didn't wanna repeat myself but I realized I could just tell you to look there instead right after I Deleted lol

anyway I didn't really like Pacific Rim tbh and I didn't expect to like Godzilla but surprisingly I agree with all the issues people had with it but for some reason it's still one of my fav movies. Like just check my convo with Hootie on my page for my full thoughts 'cause I don't wanna repost them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…