Sun King
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• chandelure+ magic guard, speed boost, or fiery dance?
    Sun King
    Sun King
    They don't help the meta at all.
    GlassVeins
    GlassVeins
    MG would allow it to be a great sash revenge killer. It would also be a ridiculous powerhouse with Life orb, etc.
    Sun King
    Sun King
    Eh. I'm not positive that will make a significant change in the metagame
    Durant + Stealth Rock
    Glaceon + Refrigerate
    Tornadus-I + Nasty Plot
    Electivire + Electric/Fighting typing
    Sun King
    Sun King
    I'm not convinced that Durant is going to make the best use of Stealth Rock. I definitely don't think it will make it OU

Glaceon is too slow to abuse Refrigerate.

Electivire needs more than just Fighting STAB. If anything, it needs more speed or power.

Tornadus isn't bad per se, but I know people won't be massively receptive to just slapping a boosting move onto it. Torn is one of those weird things that is really hard to buff because it's seemingly lacking in multiple areas.

I appreciate your submissions though. Please keep trying because I'd love to see you on the slate.
    Theorymon suggestions

no guard electivire

water absorb donphan (its a elephant! )

kingdra learn slugde wave

sticky web drapion
    Sun King
    Sun King
    I'm going to say no because none of these make a large enough impact on OU for my tastes. These seem like relatively niche buffs that only solve one problem.

Donphan is the exception, but we have something planned for him already.
    Hey dude, can you get on PS rn? I've made a couple teams for OU Theorymon, but haven't been able to test them yet :/ I'm in OMs Room if you can
    Sun King
    Sun King
    I can't now :\ I'm at work. I'll be home around 10:00 EST. if you're around, I'd be delighted to help you out.
    You should buy the community a promise ring imo
    Sun King
    Sun King
    Ugh they're like those spoiled kids in "My Super Sweet Sixteen". It would have to be diamond studded with a platinum ring.
    Sun King
    Sun King
    But i'd do it out of love ;)
    theorymon: Magic Guard + HJK Emboar- magic guard allows him recoilless flare blitz, high jump kick, head smash (and wild charge), thats 2 130bp stabs and a 150bp coverage. paired with the ability to carry life orb and never get chipped down by hazards or toxic and cant be affected by burn
    astroboy
    astroboy
    tough claws makes sucker punch, and hell, even flame charge pretty cool

and like the stuff in the theorymon meta tends to take a more defensive route (ie water absorb fore or fur coat granbull), so wouldnt a wallbreaker balance that out, in a way
    astroboy
    astroboy
    sorry i was ninjad b4 u said ill think about it rip
    Sun King
    Sun King
    Well things are often defensive there because the meta is so offensive
    Petition to blacklist Karx from the Theorymon thread due to preteen esque antistall feelings
    Sun King
    Sun King
    Permission granted. Ima charging mah lazarrrr
    Karxrida
    Karxrida
    1v1 Club Penguin, let's go. Snowballs only.
    Sun King
    Sun King
    I make mine with ice. I don't have to play by the rules if I make them.
    Hey sun King, do you think giving Tornadus-T oblivion wing or Hurricane would be a decent theorymon idea? (I desperately want this thing to be good)
    Sun King
    Sun King
    Ehhh I think it's better on Torn-I. Thundy-T gets submitted all the time, so a Torn-I would stand out more. Plus Torn-I has a better speed tier than Thund-T.
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    Ok, thundy-t is just so much worse than he could be, and it makes me sad
    Sun King
    Sun King
    He's hard to buff because of his stats, honestly.
    hey sun king, do you think superpower/v-create/flare blitz swellow would be any good?
    EDIT: pixelate too
    Sun King
    Sun King
    You definitely wouldn't be getting V-Create through the council. Flare Blitz is a bad idea because Swellow is already taking a ton of residual damage and you don't want to kill it in like 2 turns. The problem I have with Superpower is that it lowers attacking prowess. I'd replace it with Close Combat.

When you're giving something a new move, a good idea is to look at what additional targets it picks up with said move. If Close Combat allows Swellow to tackle a bunch of new things, then it's a good submission.
    GlassVeins
    GlassVeins
    yeah, I was originally thinking of close combat tbh. CC would nail all those bulky rocks and steel types that it struggles with now. coupled with toxic boost, u-turn, BB, and STAB Return, it'd be a force to be reckoned with.
    Sun King
    Sun King
    I would submit that. I can't promise it would get slated, but that would certainly be interesting.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…