Crystal_
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just signed up to tell you that your article in the most recent Smog was amazing! I learned a lot :D
    You should fix the Checksum at 0x14E so some emulators don't display a warning about the ROM checksum being wrong :P
    Felicidades por acabar el hackrom, me enteré de que lo estabas haciendo un par de semanas antes de que lo sacaras y ahora que lo estoy jugando, lo encuentro una pasada y se nota el aumento de dificultad.
    Por cierto, en la batalla contra Urkio en "Cianwood City", perdí porque no me esperaba la lucha delante del Gym, pero pasé por delante luego para reluchar contra él y no se activaba el evento de nuevo.
    xJoelituh
    ¿Tiene que pasar así o se te pasó?

PD: El ratio de shiny actual es un poco bastada, me he encontrado bastantes y aun no he llegado ni a Kanto lol
    Crystal_
    Crystal_

Si pierdes contra Urkio no vuelve a aparecer, eso ocurre asi tambien en crystal con Eusine.

El ratio de shinys es 1/256, es posible que hayas tenido tambien algo de suerte.
    xJoelituh
    Bastante porque llevo como 8 shinies xD
    Y Bue, lo de perder no lo sabia pero bueno, gracias igualmente
    hey crystal_, your rom hack looks really good. i had actually heard of it/seen the thread for it like a year and a half ago, cool to see that it's finally complete lol

i'm definitely going to play it if i can figure out how to get a GBC emulator on my iphone without jailbreaking or whatever (shouldn't be too hard i hope)
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    nice, good luck with that :)
    HI Crystal, I was just reading your analysis and explanation of Missingno. On my editor, the loc. you pointed to as ##RHYDON### wasn't ascii since on mine it showed up as pp......ppp which is ascii for the numbers. Could you tell me what editor you are using so I could edit the game?
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    Ashdawngary
    Hi Crystal, I found that the link doesn't work for some reason. Could you upload it to google drive and share me the anonymous link to it. Sorry for the inconvenience
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    Check out again. Maybe it just that is was down for a moment. Anyway i copied it to a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/hhrHGjq8

Copy paste it into a notepad file and save it as <name>.tbl , then open it with the hex editor as I told you in my previous comment
    Hey Crystal_ I have a question: You have exessive knowledge about the GB/GBC games right? I want to edit the Color Palette of the Sprites in Gold/Silver to surprise my brother. I don't know how to find the data though. Do you have any suggestion?(Or a ROM Map lel)
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    you can do it with the memory viewer in vba easily. If you still want gameshark the format is [wram bank][value][address in big endian (2 bytes)]. So for example, XX (whatever you want) into D4DC translates to gameshark 01XXDCD4.
    Hiddenfreezer
    Hiddenfreezer
    Thanks, I gonna experiment with that! Little Endian is something I am gonna google though :P

(Just for knowledge: Is it [wram bank] 01 because the RAM Adress you gave is in reality 7E|01|D4D8 ?)
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    little endian just means that the 2 bytes of the address are swapped i.e. the lowest ('little') byte goes last.

In color game boy there are 7 switchable wram banks but I believe gold/silver/crystal only use one plus the fixed one. So yes, 01 means to load wram bank 1 in the switchable wram bank memory area.
    :oooo signing up for RoA Olympics, nice to see you still battling. :) Unfortunately I won't have the opportunity of the pleasure of battling you in it, since I'm going to be hosting one or two of the tournaments.
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    oh you are Piexplode lol

yeah sounds like a fun tournament. i hope to have enough time to play it, gsc ou bo3 sounds a bit exhausting tho
    Disaster Area
    yeah.. should probably be pretty insanely high calibre though. I'm glad to see a tour where everything is bo3 finally on smogon, rather than just PP. It makes the game so much less cheese.
    If I read your post about this correctly, Sleep Powder should hit 100% of the time on a Hyper Beam recharge turn despite the 256 rule, correct? I just figured I would ask the expert first before I go posting about missing Sleep Powder on a recharging Snorlax.
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    yes, ignores any kind of accuracy check. should hit 100%
    heya :) how far are you through looking at each individual move? ^.^ Are we past the last of the revelations, or is there the opportunity for any more?
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    going to get back working on it soon, have had some busy weeks
    Gracias por joder RBY :(. Na, fuera coñas, felicidades por la medalla y por el gran trabajo que estas haciendo, harás lo mismo con GSC?
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    Gracias! La intención es hacer lo mismo con GSC pero la verdad requiere bastante tiempo y trabajo asi que ya ire viendo :) (ademas gsc es bastante mas complejo que rby!)
    xJoelituh
    Me lo imagino xD Aún asi, si quieres, te puedo ayudar con ciertas cosas, me mola lo suyo destripar los juegos, pero nunca he tenido la ocasión de poder hacerlo xD
    xJoelituh
    (Aunque no me conozcas de nada x))
    Hey I was looking for information on how Stadium implemented Freeze and Sleep Clause, was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-syQuQ2a7hE I warn it's really boring, but 9 minutes in this guy's nidoqueen is unaffected by the Kakuna's string shot? Is there a simple reason I'm missing as to why it failed (I don't know Stadium mechanics as well as RBY)
    Disaster Area
    and if there is does it pertain to regular RBY at all?

also bugger the 420 character limit
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    Stat reduction moves and some status moves (don't remember which ones) have a 1 in 4 added chance of missing when used by the AI
    Disaster Area
    Hey (te hago ganarte la medalla, EH), ¿counter en gen 1 puede countear seismic toss? Porque mis notas dicen que no, aunque se que se ha implementado así en otros sitios.
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    si, seismic toss y el resto de moves de daño fijo tienen el base power hardcodeado como 1.
    Joim
    Joim
    lel. Gracias
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    por cierto cualquiera de los movimientos de daño fijo se puede counterear siempre y cuando se cumpla todo lo que se tiene que cumplir para que counter funcione. Por ejemplo:

Persian usa Slash
    Gengar usa Night Shade

Persian cambia a ???
    Gengar hace counter (daño = 100*2, asumiendo Night Shade hizo 100)
    Hi, I'm wondering if you know something about RBY Monocolor?
    Crystal_
    Crystal_
    Other than only pokemon of the same color are allowed, no
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…