NoCheese
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• couple "errors or omissions:" my greninja singles streak is missing the ORAS mark, and turskain's 1000 streak with team leer is part of his current ongoing 2k with vile/mence/raichu whereas they're now listed as two separate streaks
    also grats on 1000+ lol, been a couple eventful weeks for the leaderboard :>
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Thanks, I've corrected things. And yeah, busy times on the leaderboard, with a number of big new streaks! It's one of the things that's really impressed me about the maison and our maison community: even this deeply into gen 6, we're still putting together new great teams with unexpected Pokemon. I know I sure don't get to 1000 in Singles without all the great forum discussion!
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    I am not a chaining expert myself, but have done a little, and can certainly take a look and find someone with more expertise to finish the article up if further additions/changes are needed. Good catch on not letting this piece fall through the cracks.
    ant
    ant
    should i drop hp or defense to make up for that higher speed?
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    I'm not sure which is better here without running a bunch of calcs on specific threats. I don't think it's a huge issue either way. If you do decide to run Substitute (which I assume you aren't, given your desire to hit the magic Speed number) you'll want to make sure your HP divided by 4 leaves a remainder of 1, but on the Icy Wind set, that's not an issue. Note that with the slightly reduced bulk, +2 Garchomp will have a slight chance of OHKOing you with an Earthquake critical hit, but no way around that if you want the Speed. Jumpman 16's original discussion of his Maison Suicune and its spread is available here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-48#post-5205453
    Yo, I haven't participated in maison in ages, but I do remember user turskain being incredibly influential. pretty sure he was the dude with that nigh unbeatable Whimsi/Drapion team. He's also ~ in #battlemaison; for such a small channel and seeing how IRC activity is the past couple years, there's actually a decent amount of discussion that goes on in there. Unless he already has a badge lol.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    he does
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Yeah, turskain is amazing! And I really appreciate your keeping your eyes open for deserving users who I might have missed.
    afaik any post can technically be moved from anywhere, it's just that the dates must still line up properly - therefore unless i'm horribly mistaken it should be able to move any of your posts from somewhere between jun 3 2011 and jun 15 2012 to the second place of the thread
    Lumari
    Lumari
    (if you only have an inconsequential post from back then in a different forum you're obviously gonna need a smod to move it to the maison thread, but afaik it should be possible if you have any post at all from back then that you don't mind sacrificing)
    Lumari
    Lumari
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Quality. I really appreciate this!
    wow I laughed so hard when you pointed out there is no QC walrein, nor any sableye in the entire maison. these stories that people make up to hate on the place crack me up
    Hi! Just a minor correction with the Rotations record list: I'm listed as 4th (422) and Aussieman000 is 5th (426), those should be flipped.

Glad to know you and others are still going for streaks! Sadly I've had no motivation since New Years :(
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Whoops! Thanks for the heads up; I've fixed the error. I'm loving how much life the Maison's had even without any changes (save the AI partners) since XY. The thread's just crossed the 3000 post mark! So I'm sure that when your motivation returns, there will still be plenty of streak/team/theorymon discussion to be had!
    We only loved you for your default Camerupt avatar. Sorry.
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Hehe. The price one pays for change I guess. But ol' Camerupt will make its glorious return at some point, in all its fifth generation sprite-y greatness!
    Disaster Area
    camerupt is really a pleasure
    So you're doing a Slakoth streak now or..?
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Grin. No, I'm not that crazy. Not yet, at least. Still plugging away with Camerupt, though at a slower pace than previously. For quite a while, I've had the urge to use my current custom title quote, and once I actually made that change, it seemed fitting to choose an avatar to match. But worry not, default Camerupt will likely rise again!
    I'm so happy you put a Camerupt team together! It looks really solid too, I hope you get a nice streak out of it
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    I'm happy too; thanks again for the suggestion! I just got my five trophies (am about to do the writeup), so I should be back having fun with Mega Camerupt and friends quite soon!
    cant say
    cant say
    Just read it, congrats. I won't be playing ORAS maison until I finish my next playthrough of AS, I think I'll try out a few weird gimmicks / sets or maybe a different new mega in each team or something to spice it up..

How potent is Superpower on Eelektross? If you change to Assault Vest would you consider changing it to Drain Punch? Could also maybe move some EVs into attack. With Camerupt's huge offensive presence I'm not so sure how bulky 'Tross needs to be
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    It's hard to say so far, as Eelektross gets by far the least use of anything on my team. But even with the Eel's good base Attack and the Life Orb, Superpower may not quite get as many KOs as I want, which would certainly push me more towards Assault Vest and a play for the 2HKO style. Discharge has been disappointing, though, as the spread attack penalty really weakens it. I'm likely to shift to Thunderbolt. Discharge's one big advantage is that it gives me a "free" way to hit stuff that's been Endeavored but for whatever reason not hit by Night Shade / Brick Break, while still also getting some damage in on its partner.

There's also the possibility of trying another "emergency" trick room setter, perhaps with sufficient bulk/priority to make a decent catch all in the event I somehow fail to get Trick Room up cleanly early on. Had some real trouble one battle with a first turn Blizzard freeze of Dusclops, so considering ways to help protect against that.
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    I have not yet played any of the Maison in my copy of Alpha Sapphire yet, as I've been doing the grunt work of grabbing TMs and Mega Stones, filling my Pokedex, etc. But the Wally rematch thing sounds reasonable. Post on the Battle Maison thread and ask and I'm sure you'll be able to get confirmation there. The part about AI cheating and making perfect counter teams is a standard unsubstantiated whine and should be ignored.
    dat staff badge tho
    cant say
    cant say
    Yep just saw his post. Better go get those sorted then! No problem, happy to help however I can!
    cant say
    cant say
    I shouldn't have been trying to play while typing the OPs, probably averaged a word a minute.. let me know if there's anything wrong with them :)
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Heh, I know the feeling. Looks great to me!
    Hey NoCheese.How's everything?I just want to update you on my streak which is now 620.Battle video U5AW-WWWW-WWWA-YJQ3.So let me get this straight,I can't post until I lose,Is that right?Thanks for you time
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    You absolutely can post about your team before you lose, but you won't be put on the leaderboard until a loss or 1000 wins. So a lot of people in the midst of a successful streak will make the big post detailing their team and its strategy along with their current progress, and the make a much briefer post later describing how they lost (or that they got to 1000) and giving the proof video code. So by all means, feel free (and encouraged!) to post about the team now. Continued good luck on the streak!
    Hi. I'm new to smogon and I was wondering if you could help me.I have a 505-super singles streak on going-#505-S4LG-WWWW-WWWA-YCD8.I really don't know how to post it.Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.You are the moderator right?Thank you for your time and anticipated co-operation.
    NoCheese
    NoCheese
    Welcome to Smogon! Just go to the Battle Maison thread (shortcut link is http://spo.ink/maison, but you can also get there through the Orange Islands section of the forums ) and post with a description of your team, strategy, and anything else you'd like to share. We don't put ongoing streaks onto the record board unless they're over 1000 wins, but we always welcome information about successful teams even while the streak is still in progress, and of course, as soon as you lose or reach 1000, post again and I'll add your streak to the leaderboard. There's a ton of good information and discussion in the maison thread, and I hope it proves useful and welcoming. Any other questions, just drop me a line.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…