Codraroll
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello, asking permission for a thread--
    The Official Japanese Pokemon channel is starting a new series called Pika Channel, it's going to be about how older people play Pokemon.
    For example, in today's episode, they discussed how to win a 70L Mewtwo with a 10L Bunnelby.

I think there's potential to discuss the videos in this series, where I'll provide translations to some degree.
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Maybe, let's wait for 3 more videos to come out and see if they are of similar theme? before making a thread.
    Cresselia~~
    Cresselia~~
    Oh, one more thing. Does the "community contributor" badge not apply to Orange Island posts?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I'm not sure, actually. I don't know that much about badges.
    Hey, would you be interested in doing a Smogcast for Sun/Moon tomorrow?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    If it requires anything with a microphone, I'm afraid I'll have to opt out. I'm in the middle of the deadline rush for my Master's thesis and spend all day in a big office with 29 others in the same situation. Finding time to procrastinate in silence isn't a problem, but speaking aloud (in English, about Pokémon) would probably attract too much attention. Thanks for the offer, though!
    Zodiax
    Zodiax
    Okay man that's cool, thanks anyways!
    Hey so, that two teams playthrough thing - have you considered making a thread for it? Sounds like something interesting to follow.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I've made a more extensive explanation in the Challenge Run Index thread, but not a separate thread. I've considered doing that for Z, whenever that comes out.
    You really think the 3DS would have failed without the gimmick of 3D? But nobody actually uses the 3D!
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    3D is the one thing it has to set itself apart from the competition. But I guess I undersold the impact of the wide library of exclusive games, which sure did help a lot too.
    Kurona
    Kurona
    It's a selling point and the thing that gets everyone talking - consider the common public; a new console that's just more powerful with more games is nothing to write home about, but a new console with the exclusive and new gimmick of 3D? Now that's something interesting! Whether anybody uses it or not - and to be honest I've used it quite a bit since getting a N3DS which actually has the 3D work - it is what raises interest, gets people talking and may lure them into buying the thing.
    Man this is so late but Negative Possibility Space sounds like a pocket dimension generated by an evil villain in a superhero show
    You saying the direct was today made me happier then hell. Was gonna be mad bout me missing it cause of chem lab cause I thought it was tomorrow xD
    Thank ya gain for that. Made me real happy
    Salemance
    Salemance
    Cause I had it stuck that it was tomorrow, not today.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    No problem! It's not certain you'd have missed anything, but we'll see in an hour or so!
    Salemance
    Salemance
    Ya probably haven't but hey, rather find out instead of second hand sometimes.
    Amazing article. I like its chill pace and how it is narrated; very entertaining and full of things that remember me the past days. Keep it up! :]
    Somebody necro'd the old GSC In-Game Tier thread. It needs to be locked because Colonel M's exists.
    Karxrida
    Karxrida
    Also you failed me earlier, fish man. ;-;
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    On it.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Was away the whole weekend. Came back only last night.
    I think DLC should be a banned topic. Game Freak said no, yet people won't shut up about it as a possibility for future games. I want to pull my hair out every time somebody mentions it.
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Which is, luckily, not that often. The recent mention in the Z thread was the first in months. If it persists, we'll do something about it, but for the time being, I don't think it's necessary to create a rule on it. Having the rule might provoke people into asking why, creating more DLC talk rather than less.
    Like all of the things!
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I like good posts when I read them, and you happened to have written quite a few in a short span of time. Plus, I've been without Internet accesss for a day and a half, so there was a bit to catch up on.
    Hi, I'm thinking of making a merchandise thread in Orange Islands.
    Like, a record of items from Pokemon Center or other official companies. Records company, Pokemon involved, release dates... etc.
    Do you think people will be interested at all?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    I guess it would work. It's not a topic we've covered before, at least, and I think some people would want to share their stories. I'd say go for it.
    Cresselia~~
    How would you feel about a thread regarding the logistics of Pokemon? i.e. all the real-world processes that are mentioned but never explicitly shown like intercity trade, shipping, et cetera?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Well, I'd say it verges eerily along the edge of fan-fiction. The games give next to nothing to build on, and the other types of media just write whatever suits the plot. Infrastructure just appears for the purpose of being set-pieces (like Cold Storage, or the Castelia sewers). I feel world building is one of the least prioritized aspects of the franchise, so ultimately we'd have to make up a lot of stuff for the thread to have any sort of substance. Personally, I'm not too sure if it's within the rules.
    brightobject
    brightobject
    Makes sense to me. Err, not sure if this is much better, but perhaps a thread regarding world-building in Pokemon as a whole? Compiling/analysing/linking little quips from NPCs, TV shows, et cetera in a vein similar to the Mysteries thread?
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Well... I guess a "world-building in Pokémon" thread couldn't hurt.
    Hey, could I maybe get the go-ahead to make a "Little things you like about Pokémon" thread? Basically a parallel to "Little things you don't like about Gen 6" because we're running out of shit to say about that and tbh we could do with a little less whining lol
    Codraroll
    Codraroll
    Less whining = more fun. Go ahead!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…