Smogon Forums

Ragnar
Ragnar
Understandable. It's nice to have you around at least. A lot of your Pokemon were certainly legendary back in the day. I kind of wish the forum thrived in RNG users as it once did.
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Pretty much...and I'm in the same boat as you. Looking back, I still remember those unique achievements I acquired. I even remember having races with other smogonites to see who would be the first to acquire a unique feat, most notably the Oblivia Deoxys. Sadly, mine is fully redis due to an incident that I can't seem to remember...
Ragnar
Ragnar
I never entered races or bothered with "firsts", but I think learning to RNG, for me, was an achievement in itself. I wracked my brain so intensely to figure out how things worked, and eventually it all made sense.
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Same here...at first, I struggled hard, but after some time of getting the hang of it, it would become a cakewalk. Last RNG attempt I did, from the top of my head, is a shiny Deoxys (held a giveaway last year based on this).
Ragnar
Ragnar
Very nice! I can't recall what my last one was, but I can recall all the hundreds of hours I spent RNGing. Good memories, though.
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Definitely, and same here for the most part...as of now, due to real life and whatnot, I gradually lost all motivation to RNG...and now resort to mobile app gaming since I'm hardly ever home now (except on weekends).
Ragnar
Ragnar
Completely understandable. I spent so much time away from Pokemon due to real life issues going on. In the past five years, I've moved at least twenty different times. Now I'm finally in a stable position to get back into it, but since sixth gen (technically the 3DS) made things more difficult, I've slowed down a lot.
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Life sure is tough, and glad to hear you're actually back into it. As much as I want to learn RNG abusing in 6th gen, I just don't feel motivated at all. I can easily acquire a good start with help from Smogoners if I want to but as of now, not motivated...again, and besides, I don't own a 3DS.
Ragnar
Ragnar
Nothing wrong with that at all! I think the process of RNG takes a toll on us.