Hulavuta
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hsdasdsaddssa
    Sapphire.
    Sapphire.
    sorry I worded that wrong xD I mean like how was the application process for you, sorry i didnt mean it that way ;-;
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    well it was different for me because I went to community college for the first two years, and they basically have to accept everyone lol

currently applying to universities but it might be different for me than you because I have already graduated college
    Ununhexium
    Ununhexium
    I went to McDonald's earlier today too

I just got a hot fudge sundae though
    Yo Hula! Been a while!

Thoughts on the new trailer and info? I'm back to theorizing. Been a while since the XY threads with the new type guessing and megas being introduced, so it's cool to have that up again with something brand new. Hope to see you on in the discussion some time!
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yoooo

I like it so far, I dunno if Pokemon is gonna be too weird with the more properly proportioned trainer models though, lol.

I like all of the starters so far, so it's gonna depend on what their final forms look like. As for the discussion, it goes too fast for me tbh :[
    ooo you saw civil war too!

Thoughts? I REALLY liked it, but I wanted Scarlet Witch to have more screen time & development.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Oh and yeah I forgot, BLACK PANTHER. DAMN BLACK PANTHER WAS GREAT. Love love loved him. Loved how he was the one who dealt with the villain in the end and how he was sneaking around the base and stuff. I just like seeing third parties in movies like this lol. He is like Wonder Woman in Batman v. Superman.

Zemo was an interesting villain I thought. Some people said that he was just kind of a throwaway and pointless and the conflict should have just centered around Cap and Iron Man but like I said, I always like adding more perspectives and angles to a conflict. Maybe if we think of him less as "the villain" of the movie and more like just another supporting character, we'll appreciate him more. He is kind of the opposite of Black Panther in that way, so it's interesting that their final confrontation in the film is with each other. I thought him replaying that phone message over the film was really powerful, and then at the end when it says the message was deleted, dang that hit me man.

But yeah, overall AMAZING movie. I love how well they handled the ensemble cast and gave everyone their own development arc. Every supporting character had their own arc, and their arcs all centered around the main conflict so it worked and did not feel forced at all (compared to say, something like the divorce subplot arc in Jurassic World). The only character who did not really have an arc was Ant-Man but he was so amazing anyway, I can excuse it!
    Aragorn the King
    Aragorn the King
    Totally agree on Spiderman. I was iffy at first when I heard he was going to be in it, but I really liked him. He was hilarious, and the lack of the origin story was great. The chemistry between his aunt and tony was also funny.

"He and Falcon as Captain America's sidekicks have like the best chemistry ever too. Like the whole bit in the car "can you put your seat up now" and when they smile and nod at him after Cap gets the kiss. hilarious haha"

Totally agree on ant man –– he's awesome, and I can't wait for his sequel.

IKR –– @ both of those moments I, and pretty much everyone, was loling hard. Bucky was great and makes you feel a lot of emotions. The fight with Iron Man at the end was particularly emotional for me.

Wonder Woman / Black Panther comparison is also pretty on point. I really liked bp – his arc of revenge, and how it changes from on bucky to on zemo and from death to imprisonment was really well done.

The phone message also hit me hard. I felt bad for the villain, which is always nice / shows a movie/tv show has more than one layer.

Who I did think was wasted was crossbones –– literally nothing happens with him, and he dies so early one. especially when his saving is a big part of winter soldier, I expected more.

Overall I totally agree. Great movie that works, even with the huge amount of characters.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    lol yusss, I'm glad you agree with my observation and comparison

yeah, I thought Ant-Man was going to be Marvel's first bad movie but it wasn't! it was good. excited for Ant-Man and Wasp but tbh I think he shines most with how fish-out-of-water he is. Like when he ran into Falcon in the first movie and with the whole group in this one.

Also yes so much with Crossbones. I thought he was going to be like the henchman of Zemo, since Zemo obviously isn't a fighter. But no he only existed for the opening action sequence lol and yeah the ending of Winter Soldier made you think he was going to be important. He totally got Count Dooku'd.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Saw Captain America: Civil War and it was really good!
    Pent
    Pent
    Sweet! I sorta wanna see it but can't afford to. Whatever though, I'll wait til I can rent it!
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah renting is pretty sweet nowadays with redbox, 1.50 for a movie is a great deal.

And you can do it anonymously without having the cashier and other customers judge you on what you watch...
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    kyle rene was my fave thing in tfa tbh
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    on another note, Christopher Lee as Count Dooku was amazing, it is like he cannot give a bad performance. Every line he had was great, he negated the cheese of every scene he was in (except for Yoda flipping around). He even got the best of George Lucas, George wanted him to beg for his life when Anakin beat him but Chris was like "no Count Dooku wouldn't beg" and then he got that changed
    Martin
    Martin
    I liked the prequels personally. I like how it lays out the politics of the original trilogy (which is basically the only reason I wanted to watch them), and I probably sound really weird saying this but episode 1 was easily the episode I enjoyed watching the most despite everyone constantly going on about how its the worst one. Like, I really enjoyed the pod racing and the Darth Maul fight and how they had to fight their way out of Naboo Palace and everything else about the film despite the sheer volume of primative CGI and the presence of Jar Jar Binks (I'm weird in that I don't actually dislike him, although I can see why the entire world does lol) simply because it was fun as hell to watch. Whenever people badmouth it I always just say "lol it was fun to watch" and leave it at that because that's the entire point of Star Wars, so it hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

On the topic of prequels, a guy who did the VFX on the prequels and was the head of VFX for episode 7 is one of my dad's friends (they met through the union dad works for) and I had a long talk to him about Star Wars where he said that the prequels were boring as hell to watch being filmed because there was nothing there to be filmed, and he also said that episode 7 was much more enjoyable because the characters were all actually there being filmed as opposed to being CGI'd in later on. It was really interesting hearing it from a guy who worked on the film.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…