vonFiedler
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• im going to infract that guy who posted about identifying as a volcano in the gay thread, just fyi
    i dont really care too much about that thread / post as i was leaving anyway, but is there any reason that unfixable's giant wall of personal attacks wasn't deleted as well?
    macle
    macle
    you kept the posts where unfixable insults him? amazing
    tcr
    tcr
    dont mind macle lol, i respect your decision to leave up the post for posterity,thanks for answering!
    Josh
    *amazing*
    with "don't post like this" are you referring to the casual, condescending tone or the content of the post? just need some clarification for the future
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Condescension

Your original post invited discussion, don't dismiss people who try to engage with you.
    You're a moron for removing that post. Nothing I said was politically incorrect or even offensive. Just facts. Try and refute my post, you can't because I am right.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Yeti demolished you pretty well, and would have absolutely wrecked you, but maybe not so great for the thread? Regardless, you need to work on your general behavior and common sense. It's not your opinion that I deleted.
    Twisted Kneebar
    Twisted Kneebar
    All he did was reply with his feelings. The closest I got to being disrespectful was my post about the Gulf Arab states, who are THE REASON Muslims have a bad name worldwide. Yeti demolished nothing because I am for refugees, I am just not for unrestricted immigration. It's amazing that you're moderating something you know so little about. But I guess that is the privileges of being a mod, huh? Always being right, even when you're wrong?
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I haven't weighed in on the issue at all. You're just being a colossal ponce, and I'd rather you do that on my wall than subject better users to it.

But it does have its consequences too. Stop lashing out and acting like a fool.
    hey, was wondering if i could start a poetry thread in cong? i know of some users who write and i personally do, too, & i think it might be an interesting idea to see if others have thoughts or any of their writing to share.
    can i start a books thread in the great library
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I started one but let it get forgotten

Go ahead and start a new one, I will try to post in it
    not that it matters but the producer wanted an american for the show so he pretended to be one, his natural voice is more pleasing to the ear. anyway the point was watch jeeves and wooster for early laurie -not sure why you jumped on the accent part and still got it wrong, but then you are american so maybe it offended you
    Knight of Cydonia
    Knight of Cydonia
    finally i wouldn't say it is a personal attack when your flaws are directly affecting your ability to argue, but you will continue to do as described anyway - you have no reason not to in this setting where you have the apparent authority. Ill try to resist the temptation to bite in the future; i should have read your wall before the first response and left it. anyway i hope this has been informative for you and given you the sort of rise/response/emotion you were looking for
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    First off

It's true that the producer was rather adamant about an American in that role... which is not something that Hugh Laurie knew and he decided to send in his audition tape the way it was on his own. That is the difference between a relevant and an irrelevant fact.

Actors use accents all the time. You're being a rather openly beta-englishman... nobody in the world cares which accent is better. I have seen Jeeves and Wooster, I like Hugh Laurie, if you do maybe you should watch House before turning up your nose at it.

Second

"directly affects your ability to argue"

You still cannot acknowledge that all I did was take your own dickish behavior and turn it back at you. If you find what I've done impeding anyone's ability to argue, it should be your own.

My response post is literally point-by-point a mirror of yours.

As far as your "temptation to bite". The real lesson here, since I see that you have 3 posts in it, is that Firebot is not a serious forum, and coming out of it and leaving a message on someone's wall with an intensity of 8/10 is very poor form. You insulted me twice in your first post (and maybe being bleh you're an American is a third??? but I'm not patriotic)
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I don't know how much you actually looked at the wall that you love to talk about, but I didn't mean to imply that Gato, the only other person I argued with on this page, has his head up his ass. That was only heated because we're both passionate about it. We're on good terms. So unless you really bothered looking at other pages (which is flattering), taking that, noticing that someone was arguing with me, and trying to vicariously gang up on me is rather self-serving. No one had to insult anyone just to have a heated discussion about some asshat hack musician.

Next time you want to post on someone's wall, maybe watch some Jeeves and Wooster and chill out yourself beforehand.
    im curious as to why u deleted my post. u seem very pro-individual expression (and thus anti-trump) in ur posts, but i feel like deleting a post that u found disagreeable for that only that reason means ur perhaps embodying the very quality u wish to degenerate
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    It's got nothing to do with it being disagreeable. Fuck, it's not like Old_Gregg is irreproachable.

But posts that are just a whole paragraph of snide insults don't have a place in cong. There are other places to express yourself like that, in and outside of smogon.
    What turned you off zimmer originally? The 'loud inception noise' trend in every new movie and game trailer isn't even his doing, as that was the one piece of the soundtrack he never even composed.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    You're not listening at all.

John Williams will repeat himself over the course of a movie because that's a THEME. It's a thing that has been around for hundreds of years.

Or do you mean that he has melodies that only last maybe a minute or two and then repeat? That's pretty overachieving as is dude.

Hans Zimmer repeats himself over the course of multiple movies. When he uses melodic emphasis, they repeat quicker (not a great sin), but his rhythmic emphasis songs never change up and are thus very repetitive as single pieces.

But again, all I care about is that you can't walk 5 feet and not see his music or someone using his method. Creativity and artistic integrity are sacrificed because if something makes money once, you may as well do it until the end of time. Even if I loved Hans Zimmer, why should I think that he should be the alpha and the omega of the industry?

It's true that he's the opposite of what I like. But he's the opposite of what he likes. He fancies Rota and Morricone. But he doesn't make music he likes. He makes base music because he's very willing to be a stooge for producers. He's talked about this, that they are the real power and that you should sacrifice everything for the bottom line if you want to work. What a fucking hero.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    OMG Dream is Collapsing is EXACTLY what I just described.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Maybe no more long posts then? Good night.
    What's your problem with me man? Did I do something to offend you? All I was saying was that gay and straight people should be equal in employment and social standing. I looked over your profile before and you're really cool, but starting shit with new users about legitimate discussions ain't okay and i standing for harassment.
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    You're trolling. 99% sure of it. In every thread you've posted in. If you're not, you may want to rethink things.
    dhelmise
    dhelmise
    I'm no mod but I'd recommend staying away from the LGBTQ thread unless you can make a serious post that doesn't offend one section of the community (ex. Saying/implying that gay is a choice and that people only "choose" to be gay because of social media).
    how is the divine comedy

my latin teacher always talks about it but were not gonna read it in class because its italian so i was considering reading it on my own
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Hobbit's great, and as a single book, LOTR gets very good... but yeah most of Fellowship is questionable.
    Ununhexium
    Ununhexium
    i dunno there wasnt much like action and the only like actual action in it the main character was like asleep for

i wasnt a fan im a harry potter person
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    Aside from all the action in the little stories throughout the hobbit, you've got the development of one of the most amazing antiheroes ever, Bilbo "what am I doing here" fuckin Baggins. Watching his rise from being a stereotypical englishman into becoming a ballsy little motherfucker is about as much character development in all of LOTR combined (granted the movies fix this)
    von my apologies, I was not aware u were the mysterious man behind the mask

what do you say to forgetting my past transgressions and becoming allies for now
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    I mean, I wasn't, I just jumped in like that
    brightobject
    brightobject
    i know, but now that you are and I tried to kill you I thought it important to try patching up relations
    You're a Cong mod now, right?

Would it be okay if I started a Star Wars thread for meant to discuss the franchise as a whole?
    vonFiedler
    vonFiedler
    If you want my opinion, I doubt that'd be as productive as just talking about Star Wars in the current movie thread, which will likely be ongoing as further movies come out.
    Karxrida
    Karxrida
    Got it.
    Have you ever seen Point Break? 1990s version
    vonFiedler
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I'm a huge fan of crime films, and I found I didn't like heat at all. I didn't think the "criminals with a story" thing meshed well at all with the "amazing heist action" that I as promised. The three robbery scenes are really cool but I found deniro and pachino and even val kilmer way too uninteresting to become emotionally attached to.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Point break, for me, fixed all those things. I found the connection to the robbers there a lot better, and the story and message it was trying to send felt a lot more 'real'. Heat just seemed to start really dragging about halfway in (to me it was after the surveillance reveal at the docks)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…