Smogon Forums

dr00
dr00
drink up up uppp
dr00
dr00
also.. how have you been?! it's been SO LONG.
i (finally) finished my masters and now i don't know what to do with my life. i'm even considering doing a PhD :0
Esmeya
Esmeya
I've had more downs than ups. What else is new? Congratulations on your masters, but do you want to do a boring ol' thesis for PhD? What was your (double) major again? All I can remember is the gf enjoys equestrianism.
dr00
dr00
ah yeah. i don't actually haha. i want to get out and start teaching, but i keep feeling that the best path for me is to just take enough school that i just start teaching at uni.

my major (no double) was applied linguistics. it covers a lot of things but mainly seems to focus on teaching 2nd (and 3rd, etc.) languages and how they differ (or may not differ) from learning one's first language. my masters dissertation was more about sociolinguistic stuff: it was about attitudes about accentedness and how people's pre-conceived notions about accentedness can affect their realised receptions of speech.

it's actually really fascinating to me. not sure if it's as much for anyone else haha.

and yeah, the gf loves equestrian stuff and dressage and things like that. her masters is on bio-archaeology, studying really old human remains to learn things about how they lived, died, etc. maybe that's where the double thing came from? thinking of hers and mine?

and i hope more ups are on your way :)