Smogon Forums

Crystal_
Crystal_
it's always fun to hear feedback but at this point i'm not really mantaining pokemon pyrite anymore to change anything, it's a bit too old already :)
Crystal_
Crystal_
that said feel free to let me know what you think!
Muk
Muk
oh. well, the one thing I didn't like was the lack of access to decently powerful moves/coverage moves at a time when your opponents all have them. for example, the blizzard/thunder/fire blast tms aren't available until the very end of the game/the move tutor isn't available until kanto, and I was stuck with psybeam as a stab move on alakazam until level 68. i also had a quilava until level 50 so I couldn't teach it thunderpunch, meanwhile every enemy water type has ice beam and most enemy pokemon are fully evolved by that point
Muk
Muk
i also feel like it was a missed opportunity to not make more pokemon available as early as possible (though i can understand stuff like removing the union cave lapras bc its stats might be a bit too high for that point in the game), for example charmander could have been in the burned tower instead of near blackthorn city and omanyte/kabuto could have been in the basement of union cave instead of at mt silver
Muk
Muk
the random quick claws on seemingly every slow pokemon later in the game was annoying too lol
Crystal_
Crystal_
I did remove most powerful pokemon and delayed evolutions early on on purpose, because otherwise you'd be playing 9/10 of the game with very powerful pokemon and I wanted to have some variety in that sense (opponent pokemon also follow these delays so that it's not unfair).

As for the strong elemental attacks I believe the 120 bp ones are available after the 7th badge with the 95 bp ones are available after the 8th badge, before the league. Though I admit that I didn't partiularly pay enough attention to making sure that no opponent pokemon knows one of those moves (excluding those learned by level up) before you can buy them. They won't show up early, but they might start showing up after 5-6 badges, I'm not sure.
Muk
Muk
ah, okay. from what I remember, the 120 bp move tms were only in the seafoam islands, was there some place in johto to get them? i might have just missed it then (the game corner prize exchange lady who you normally get them from in gsc was missing)

still though, 9.5/10 game, haven't played many rom hacks but this is exactly what I was looking for, gen 2 is my favourite gen as well
Muk
Muk
like, I love how you didn't add new pokemon or whatever and instead tried to make it as close to competitive gen 2 battling as could be done in a single player game (even though some things suck about gen 2 like no strong/highly distributed grass/bug moves, no special stab for gengar etc.)