Smogon Forums

leParagon
leParagon
no way? awesome, another filipino xD I didn't check his profile yet so i'm surprised how fluent his english is
princessofmusic
princessofmusic
Hah, I know what you mean. Maybe you guys could chat it up or something lol
leParagon
leParagon
heh, yeah next time :D thanks pom
how bout you tho? you sound American or something :))
princessofmusic
princessofmusic
Layell and I are Canadian (:
leParagon
leParagon
awesome :D man i hear that place is pretty great. my girlfriend and i plan on moving there once we finish university/medschool (still open to possibilities) anything you'd recommend for someone hoping to migrate there in the future?
princessofmusic
princessofmusic
Sorry for not responding, I had a cortisone flare in my wrist and couldn't type for a few days because of extreme pain )':

No place on Earth is perfect, but Canada's a pretty solid choice. Healthcare is free, there's more racial tolerance here than in the States (I'm Asian too), and I'm sure you'd meet lots of other Filipinos if you settled in an urban area (like Toronto, where Layell and I live). One thing you definitely should research though is whether the gov't will accept your credentials once you finish your studies. Some foreign degrees aren't acknowledged here, so some well-educated immigrants end up having to work blue-collar jobs (i.e., cab drivers) while they retrain in Canada.