Shrug
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey. We play for the Dreamworld tour. I'm GMT +2, when could you play?
    Shrug
    Shrug
    oh hmm. thoughts on friday?
    Tony
    Tony
    Uh I could possibly. What time?
    hows life in shrugsville
    Shrug
    Shrug
    not super in that i got kicked out of college for a year
    brightobject
    brightobject
    what!? :( that sucks. Hopefully you get back to school in one piece
    Shrug
    Shrug
    yea it's p bad, though theyre letting me in next yr. iirc ur a senior this year? just dont let every grade drop when u get into college even if u thought the ones you'll end up with are ok
    fun fact: alfalfa was once permabanned
    Shrug
    Shrug
    Lol for what? And how did that get reversed?
    aurora
    aurora
    great sage found him insufferable; it got reversed some time after he got excised i think? idr
    Shrug
    Shrug
    i mean thats a little harsh but i must say it's not too hard to empathize with gs in this situ
    pretty sure that post was meant in jest but if you're actually interested in communist theory, i recommend reading Steven Steiber's The World System and World Trade, Immanuel Wallerstein's The Capitalist World Economy, The Decline of Communist Powers by Andrew Walder, Janet Abu-Lughod's Before European Hegemony
    shaian
    shaian
    just remember to consciously commit yourself to remembering that communist theory shouldn't be committed to as just a political system, but also one which exists in all manners of academia, from the sociological, the historical, the philosophical, and economic just to cover the basics. I actually have a friend at the university of toronto who is doing his phd examining the political sphere through a psychological lense (though i dont know too much about it since he hates talking about his research), and there exists an interesting body of work in gender studies examining gender roles from the marxist perspective.
    shaian
    shaian
    actually communist theory is heavily involved in that thesis i told you about but to keep myself from rambling, just know if you ever have a question about things vaguely related to anything politics, feel free to ask
    Shrug
    Shrug
    i havent personally committed to becoming a communist like that post claims, but i do find it interesting and think that some of the points i do know of are relevant and salient today. thats a good amount of reading material but i certainly have enough time this yr
    amazing post my dude
    Shrug
    Shrug
    i'll be honest: 100% truthful, and after that happened i was like "internet has a thread with communism in it, and im going to finally make a good firebot post again"
    internet
    internet
    nice
    I just remembered you said you were playing lax at mcmahon a while ago, are you in the ct area
    Shrug
    Shrug
    yep simsbury, near hartford
    hey we are paired for dp ou tour, im gmt-7, when can you play? also do you mind if we play on PS?
    yo we should update the cran rmt thread to your better version and try to get it archived
    Shrug
    Shrug
    I'm down, I don't think I have the power to do that, do u need the sets? The ones u had were good
    Berks
    Berks
    Yeah I have the sets and actually we really any do anything about the archive so *shrug*
    lol why did the books thread just straight up die? did people just stop reading or something?
    shaian
    shaian
    I can't tell you for sure if I would vote for him as my education was focused towards policy and political economy, in particular I'm doing a thesis and masters in global order and world systems, and policy (in particular financial) is an area that Clinton wields a much more commanding grasp of, and of course, my educational path also served to develop a more "pragmatic" approach to politics which is, again, something I think she has an advantage in.

On the other hand my close friend, with whom I'm writing that thesis with, chose to focus on theory, in particular he is an avid Hegelian-Marxist and is working on his masters in Marxist theory, finds Sanders to be the better candidate as Sanders is much better in advancing a progressive rhetoric and changing the nature of political discourse.

Now I am sympathetic to Sanders political cause, if you were to ask me about my "idealized" state you would probably be correct in assuming I'm to the left of Sanders, but the disconnect is that what I look for in a politician is beyond just the point of rhetoric and based heavily in how they want to get from point A --> B. Sanders never impressed me in that regard simply because he seemed to not grasp how he would actually accomplish his goals, most notoriously, his failure in explaining how he would "break up the banks" betrayed an immense lack of understanding of financial regulations and his comments regarding anything to do with economics turned me off entirely.
    shaian
    shaian
    or I could just be paid to think this way, it's a much easier alternative to come to terms with for a lot of people
    Shrug
    Shrug
    you, again, would be defeated by the inoculating logic of too much education being bad: i heard a trump dude said the american people were tired of "experts saying what was best for them". if u established your rhetorical credibility in the way you just did youd get told theres no use for ppl like you but ofc if i brought up my opinion it would be un- or misinformed because i havent studied in college yet and thus dont know what im talking about. basically, the dogmatic camps are set, and the undecided voters loathe trump for making a mockery out of conservatism and hillary because she loves isis and hitler
    Hey. We play for the BW UU tournament. I'm in GMT +2 and would prefer Saturday evening or Sunday. Could also do early next week.
    I came to say fuck Latin but then you plugged the RMT so now I'm conflicted
    Shrug
    Shrug
    If I did it self referentially, does it still count?
    Berks
    Berks
    etiam
    hey man, we should play for the dubs seasonal, when are you available?
    fran17
    fran17
    gmt +2 btw, i'd prefer to play in my mornings or early afternoons, but i can manage to play later
    Which institution are you planning to attend?
    Shrug
    Shrug
    Williams college homie
    DiscoDucky
    DiscoDucky
    o shit son got rejected from there :'(

But yeah, since you're going to Williams, I'm assuming that most students have to follow a LA discipline, which probably means you won't start taking specific classes until the second semester of your sophomore year.
    Shrug
    Shrug
    it's all good, it's a strange place, but im sorry bruv. yea im just gonna be chilling first semester i think
    campaign violence against donald trump supporters is the main issue of the 2016 united states presidential election srry for my behavior von
    Shrug
    Shrug
    there's no racial motivation behind this statement
    Shrug
    Shrug
    can u prove he's racist? or that i'm racist? i have a black friend (BAN ME PLEASE)
    oh btw i have a friend going to williams... She is quite a character

She's like one of those people that are smol & cute & really really smart and she pretends to be sour but on the inside she is sweet and everyone loves her even though she hates it
    Shrug
    Shrug
    that's intimidating tbh, all these williams ppl seem interesting and cool and shit and my talents include wrestling reading books and sometimes posting on a pkmn forum. i have a friend who goes to hopkins going to be a senior, he's a smart fucker but is extremely laid back to the point of getting kicked out of wrestling practice all the time, which was good as the team was mad serious. no freshman because my school got boned this yr :((
    Hey we are paired for DOU Summer Seasonal. What is a good time to battle? I am EST and Sunday I am off all day as well as Friday.
    Shrug
    Shrug
    cool, im eastern as well. sunday probably works! times?
    Itz ZecaroN
    Itz ZecaroN
    I am free all day that day. So long as it's not like before 9am when I am waking up, I am down for anytime.
    Itz ZecaroN
    Itz ZecaroN
    Hey I am available now for DOU Ssnl if you are.
    Please refrain from telling others that their posts hurt to read in cong
    Shrug
    Shrug
    sorry about that. his posts are fucking garbage though
    they don't bother trying to defend trump because they know they can't, so they just accuse sanders/clinton supporters of being violent
    SteelEdges
    hey but do you have any proof trump is racist
    Shrug
    Shrug
    has he ever been to a lynching? no, hmmmmm? has he personally ever killed a carfull of mexican children while screaming "death to all spics who take our jobs!"? pics or it didnt happen. has he ever been sued and settled for housing discrimination? o wait
    SteelEdges
    okay but do you have any proof
    When would you like to continue your quest to have the worst record in LCPL history? :p I'm GMT-4 and should be pretty flexible with time this week, though i'd like to put it off as much as possible because I'm a john. So just lemme know what works dude
    Shrug
    Shrug
    weekend. i should be at least 2-1 pokemon is disgusting
    Joltage
    Joltage
    alright weekend it is. see ya then. lets have a good, clean one
    Shrug
    Shrug
    agree strongly
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…