Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Zarel, I can't post in the tier naming thread, but I'd like to bring up an aspect of the current tier names that I haven't seen discussed: They don't make any damn sense. In what tier is an RU mon rarely used? It's not in RU, clearly. It's not in UU, because an RU mon may be used as much in UU as a UU mon is used in OU, but the naming implies that it's used less, right? So it must refer to usage in OU.
    viol and bass
    viol and bass
    But here's the thing. The entire RU tier could see more usage in OU than the entire UU tier, but in UU for whatever reason the UU mons are better than the RU mons. So the "rarelyused" moniker doesn't actually correspond to usage in OU. A random NU mon could easily see more usage in OU than a random UU mon, and that happens. So the labels "rarelyused", "neverused", etc. literally don't correspond to usage in any tier at all. What I like about the system you proposed in that thread is that it gets rid of this problem: a UU2 mon sees about as much usage in UU as a UU mon sees in OU. This makes perfect sense.
    aight fam people arent responding in bugs so imma post this here, https://gyazo.com/341ab60b766eeb49f2d8c1327b3f96b2, alright so this shit keeps happening, i cant click on any fucking names, the whole site is all fucked up for me, it doesnt even show im logged in when i am, it just says choose name when the name was already chosen, I just wanna play pokemon fam
    What do you think of this idea? https://twitter.com/rakomwolvesbane/status/765755887382388741
    It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to implement, and I think lots of players would appreciate the chance to practice certain matchups before tournaments. I've forked the repo and I'll see if I can throw something together over the weekend, but it would help to discuss with somebody more familiar with PS.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I don't think enough people would use it for it to take off, and it'd also be a decent amount of work, unfortunately.
    Rakom
    Rakom
    Well so the way I was picturing it was as an optional feature that would work alongside the normal ladder matchmaking. After picking a format and a team, you have the option to face only opponents whose teams match the pattern you specify. The key is that you can face an opponent who isn't using this feature and is just laddering normally, as long as their team matches the restriction you put. Of course people could exploit this to only battle favorable matchups, so a player who enters a restriction can't gain or lose ELO from that battle. Though like I said I'm not super familiar with the PS code, so maybe once I take a stab at it I'll decide it's more trouble than it's worth.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    "Of course people could exploit this to only battle favorable matchups, so a player who enters a restriction can't gain or lose ELO from that battle."
    I don't think the player who isn't using this feature would be very happy with that.
    Thats all sir, i'd be glad of you took this as a recommendation, Thank you for your time, have a nice day.
    Then all the rest of the time when people have problems, no one notices, they just sit there suffering, and when there isn't problems, every user is trolling, they havn't premoted anyone because everyone is a trash user in the room, so i think you'd be better without it.
    Yes they do help a person every one in a while, but while they do it there is still shitposting, some problems get skipped, Sometimes if someone is sucidal they just make it worse, they also just ask them to call hotlines, when they want the real peoples help, or they don't have a way to contact those such hotlines.
    Hello Zarel, I am here to pm you for a reason, that reason is such is To Delete The Happy Place, It has a great idea, and it was good for the first 4 years, but now its just a joke, a meme, people call it the lobby 2.0 for a reason, Its just so cancerious, that no one gets there problems fixed.
    Hi, sorry for the disturbance but I am having an issue.In my AAA team, the thundurus set vanishes after every AAA battle, do you know can it be?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    No, I don't do anything related to AAA. Please ask someone else.
    Mq
    Mq
    Sorry, if i didn't make it clear, i meant that the teambuilder automatically deleted my thundurus set form my aa a team, this happened to this team only and how many times did i try to import/export to not get my thundurus set deleted, it would get delleted just after every battle.

That's it, sorry for inconvenience
    hi Zarel... why do i always not get tagged? for opens, i mean. i dont receive tag alert, but i get (for example) the alert if someone write in my profile. :(
    Empo
    Empo
    ok now i read all my alerts, i saw there was just one of open... idk if it will be ok for the rest of opens
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I don't manage Smogon Forums, try asking someone else?
    Mq
    Mq
    It's very easy, either the host tagged u wrongly and tried to edit it by corrective the tag, in which case you wont get tag alert

OR the person who tagged isnt a badgeholder aka only the first 5/10 will recieve tag alert
    idk if endless battle clause is supposed to apply to oldgens, but if so it's possible to have endless battles in rby quite easily
    Zarel, you should make a post called "Create a Pokemon Game Challenge" You have to create a Pokemon game with a central theme, location, and have gym leaders and elite four. You also have to draw or describe the map. You can only use Pokemon that are legal as well.
    hi, is there a reason why sometimes one of my mons looks like its on top of the other, and how can I fix this? Its somewhat difficult to battle with
    Hey, don't know if this is addressed and I don't know who to contact about this, but can you please add a filter in the teambuilder on PS for priority moves? (Like how there's already physical, special, and status) Thank you.
    I was wondering what the policy on using advertisements on privately owned showdown servers was. I wanted to use ads (that users may choose to opt out of) to assist with VPS costs, is this something I would be able to look into doing?

I was told to ask you specifically.
    Excuse me, but I was hoping that you could help me with a technical issue with the pokemon showdown servers. When i go to log in, a message that says, "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly." shows up. I would appreciate it if you could help me figure this out.
    Sir, We need to rename the Happy place either, The Dopey Place, or Lobby 2.0. Its gotten alot worse during the years and all the good people (The Little that they are) need your help, For evidence look at logs mate'
    Just so I don't turn the 48th thread into a cathy hate fest ... people actually liked the pixel experiment? I loved it but I seem to remember a PR disaster that resulted in a near immediate switch back to percent.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…