Martin
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• gamer boy fam. you seem like the person i should look to when it comes to making OU teams. pls halp fam
    Martin
    Martin
    I can do friday evenings (my time) and weekends. I'm not /that/ good at teambuilding tho ;;;;;
    zbr
    zbr
    HAHAH i'll hit you up on skype / here to chat or something. :p
    your karaoke was pretty good

good imitation of the original singer in my opinion
    Martin
    Martin
    About 3/4 of them yeah. The other times I either got the sound of something in the background or I messed up at some point (the most painful one was where I accidentally burped the last line)
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    lol, you shoulda kept the burp
    Ununhexium
    Ununhexium
    holy crap superman was good

i wish i followed it more i totally wouldve done a cover of the office theme song or "i know you know" from psych
    internet
    internet
    guess you could stop looking at that happy-looking face huh

good new av
    Martin
    Martin

The Grand Budapest Hotel is such a good movie

And fwiw I have that sloth in my desktop rotation (I rotate around four pics, giving each a week before it gets rotated out)
    Martin
    Martin
    Nice thread btw
    What do you think about S-? I'm not the biggest supporter of it but it makes way more sense than bumping Clef up to S+ since it's nowhere near that level of dominance.
    Martin
    Martin
    Equally stupid 'cause it implies a very similar thing. Honestly a better analogy to use (and one I've used in the past as a thought experiment) is for an imaginary"X rank" that exists on a when-needed basis where things which are above A+ 'mons but not S worthy sit, and Pokémon in this rank are listed in A+ despite knowing that they are better than everything in said rank (see: early ORAS Garchomp). Such a rank cannot exist physically for obvious reasons, and it acts as an imaginary place to house controversial/borderline Pokémon. Anyway, this rank isn't S, but it's not A+ either, and if--going off of my internal tier list (different from the one in the thread)--Latios/Torny/Brokezard X/maybe Lando/whatever else falls in this category (I'm not convinced about Lando honestly but I'll play along for the sake of this hypothetical scenario) sit in this tier until they are moved up or they fall out of favor to the point where they are not on the border between the two ranks anymore. They are not displayed above A+, but people still recognise they are a little above the rest of A+.

Kinda incoherently explained, but yeah instead of making an S- we should just keep stuff in A+ and respect the existence of X rank
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    I mean S- is important for newer players, but I get where you're coming from for sure. It def makes more sense than S+, but it's still not great lol.
    That avatar will definitely help you break into IS
    Martin
    Martin
    I've genuinely spent five days trying to come up with a funny response but I can't think of anything ;;;;
    Shaka Brah
    CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK CHANGE IT BACK
    Martin
    Martin
    1/365 sloth
    Your views in the process threads are so good, hope you get badges soon so you could post them yourself
    Martin
    Martin
    Ya p. much. I have no issue with BP it's good to get off of low ladder but I won't be sad if it goes. Honestly there is a very old-fassioned mindset with lots of players who claim complex clauses are a mistake because such a mindset assumes people are idiots which, in most cases, isn't the case.
    Martin
    Martin
    I will mind if BO as a move goes tho
    Martin
    Martin
    *BP
    i am a tier name. i haev big letters and i confuse new users w/ my 2 letters. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will confuse you and everyone you know with my complexity
    hey gamer boy, pass me teams with dugtrio please, you know how to use it pretty well and i want to see your strategies with it
    Martin
    Martin
    I wanna keep most of my own duggy teams concealed in case I wanna use them at some point before the end of the gen or in a future OUPL if I can find the time to take part (that and they're all either old, on my desktop downstairs or minorly modified versions of other people's teams), but I can give you general tips regarding when it's most appropriate.

Stall teams obviously really appreciate having it. The ability to trap stuff like BandTar, opposing Chansey etc. can come in real handy a lot, and with you being able to tailor it's moveset for specific threats like Heracross (Screech and/or Aerial Ace are nice options) can also come in real handy. Things which appreciate setup opportunities from Memento or Screech or the ability to trap some problematic 'mons like Exca, Tar, Tran etc. are good too, and there is always the well-known Duggy+Flying-type cores that always seem to do really well. Just general trapping ability is nice but just look at the team and think whether it's role compression works for the build or not.

Sorry it's kinda vaigue+not really giving many examples, but I don't normally put much thought into it 'cause it basically boils down to me just generally knowing when Duggy would help from playtesting or me building around a Duggy core. For what it's worth, try to think of it like you would any other trapper when deciding whether it's worth using on your build or not.
    ericaroselia
    ericaroselia
    ok thanks, jsut saying that i recently tried out p2's dugtrio + hydra team and some team with volcarona and dugtrio and i am enjoying using the mon so far, it's pretty tricky to use and i'm currently only using the sash variant but it can compensate alot, you talk about the mon so much and you know so many sets Lol, that aerial ace one seems cool, custap endure too and i faced it once in the ladder but sash with screech is my favorite
    Have you ever tried anki for practicing japanese? Its awesome
    Typhlito
    Typhlito
    Maybe I should ask you for beginner lessons n_n
    Martin
    Martin
    :]

Srs tho I procrastinate too much I said I'd actually get properly going with it over the summer but it just didn't happen like I wanted it to :s
    Typhlito
    Typhlito
    Been losing steam myself too. Think im doing alright but just dont know if im learning efficiently or if im going too slow.
    you know what's hot? your post to end the OU core building comp thread was the 700th post of the thread

/OCD HAS BEEN SATISFIED/
    zbr
    zbr
    and wanna know who won the last comp ? ME!

IS THIS DESTINY?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Martin
    Martin
    Idk man i'm not god
    Why did you shut down the core building competition?
    Martin
    Martin
    Late in gen, reduced available time 'cause school, running out if ideas etc.
    i am a slurpuff. i haev a big belli and i drum my belli w/ hands if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will get a 4x atk boost and sweep ur team
    Martin
    Martin
    Slurpuff used Pulverizing Pancake!
    Martin
    Martin
    Ur prolly mostly right. My guess would be SpD Skarm tho 'cause a team with Cune and Duggy but no Defog is crap even with Sab there
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    It has defog zap and it has spdef skarm lol
    MANNAT
    MANNAT
    Yo accept my skype request lol
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…