col49
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• new clipping is good, they came a long way
    col49
    col49
    yeah, i was definitely satisfied w/this release. i'm glad they took the risk n went with a concept album on this scale, cuz daveed is definitely one of the best storytellers in the game. doesn't have the single power clppng has, and i think i still enjoy that record more, but s&m is dope for sure
    predict fantanos rating for atrocity exhibition
    col49
    col49
    word up. gotta give it a couple listens more meticulously (only had it as bg music to work as of yet), but I've been real satisfied
    col49
    col49
    light 9, called it
    eren
    the original atrocity exhibition is better

- joydivision
    26/9/16 - terminal redux: 5 stars
    col49
    col49
    dang, u wet af for scifi metal, huh. noticed another 5 on labirynth constellation in perusing
    col49
    col49
    not to call either invalid, clearly
    BKC
    BKC
    that albums like if gorguts took influence from trancelike black metal
    Hey we're playing for POCL in UU, what works for you? I'm EST, best time for me is the weekend in the morning or early afternoon, but I can also probably make a weekday evening work depending on the time.
    col49
    col49
    hmm, right, should probably start playing these again. weekdays are no good for me anyway, on the grind etc, so you wanna shoot for ~2 pm sunday?
    Hogg
    Hogg
    Any chance we could push it to like 1 PM instead? If not I can try to make 2 work, but I think earlier would be a little easier for me on Sunday.
    col49
    col49
    suits me fine. was mostly throwing out an arbitrary number within ur parameters
    you watch anthony fantano?
    Bouff
    Bouff
    Idk if it's considered dance hall tbh, I don't even remember if any of the songs on there were like that. there are some interesting features though. the 2001 luda sample / sound byte or w/e in the closing track was cool too
    rau
    rau
    I was gonna wonder why bouff didn't post on a separate vm to not cram me with 10 alerts but whatever y'know
    col49
    col49
    he isn't always the most sensitive guy, but his intentions are good. also i goaded him on p.hard, so i figure i'm just as much deserving of blame haha
    honor killed the samurai is pretty good.

The flow kinda reminds me of the album madvilliany, if you have heard it.
    col49
    col49
    not ever, no.
    but he's an interesting case, since his draw really isn't similar to that of most rappers. really part of the 'build' each track makes, plus the lyricism is always sharp
    STOP RATING TEAMS AND PLAY ME FOR ALL STARS BITCH!!!!!!
    col49
    col49
    whoopsies o-o u still up to it
    ict
    ict
    yes im on stours.
    I forgot to mention, only the first record from Maps and Atlases, the rest are junk.
    col49
    col49
    ah, one of those. st vincents fantastic ofc, her aesthetic is rad
    col49
    col49
    oh, also your answer to the last was absolutely what id have hoped, don't apologize for it doofus
    Kink
    Kink
    Happy I could oblige my dude.
    Can you play tonight at like 10:30 -4 for pocl
    snaga
    snaga
    Or rn
    col49
    col49
    no and no, sadly. i work pretty much straight thru the week, u got any kinda weekend availability
    new coldworld is gorgeous, a must-listen
    BKC
    BKC
    also wtf since when do you have fafts at 5 stars??!?!?! not that i'm complaining
    col49
    col49
    oh, yeah. it was one of those where i think i had it as a 4.5, but at one point or another i was listening to it casually and decided it was worth bumpin up. i am diggin the new thing as well, tho i won't get a chance to sit down and actively listen to it 'til the weekend
    I played vs scythe. On the weekend. Also nice loss in BW tour jesus I hate you
    col49
    col49
    yeah, i tried recording w/kush but it was determined to be 'not worth uploading', interpret as you see fit. also my b, weekdays are a toss-up nowadays, though i'll admit i stopped responding to see how mad u would get hehe
    Omfuga
    Omfuga
    Haha.
    hey we play for pocl i'm gmt +2 i can't play today or tomorrow for the rest i'm able to lemme know when you want to play n_n.
    col49
    col49
    hmm, right then. my tues-thurs is pretty booked up, but if you wanted to get this done friday ~6-10 pm (your time), that'd be dope
    Jarii
    Jarii
    Friday 10 pm is fine ^^
    Jarii
    Jarii
    Are you able to play now?
    not sure how alerts work on this site, so in case you didn't see my reply on my profile:
    Deschain
    Deschain
    haha yeah i'm not into thrash at all. Vektor is probably one of if not THE only thrash band i can actually tolerate. only listened to the new one once so far, but i have a metal radio show that focuses on new re;eases, so i'll probably try to pull a track or two from it to play eventually. you can check the metalhead thread for my shows or hit up http://mixcloud.com/DJPraemorior for all my shows from this year.
    col49
    col49
    Sorry, yeah, I got it haha, just working atm so I gotta be tactful with my blatant shirking of duties. Fair enough in regards to thrash, and I appreciate the extra material to mess with. As you can tell from the messages below, I think I've got my free time for foreseeable future pretty thoroughly soundtracked x_x
    Deschain
    Deschain
    right on. if you need help finding something let me know, but most of those are on bandcamp.
    vomitory - raped in their own blood
    cryptopsy - blasphemy made flesh
    dismember - like an everflowing stream
    grotesque - incantation
    incantation - diabolical conquest
    at the gates - gardens of grief
    arghoslent - galloping through the battle ruins
    massacra - final holocaust
    bolt thrower - ...for victory
    morbid angel - altars of madness
    autopsy - severed survival
    hunger games is my favourite DG song :) YOU NEED A LIFT??
    col49
    col49
    Shoot, how'd I miss a dg post lol. Definitely a cool one, though then again it's tough pinning down a "miss" in their discography outside government plates
    huh, that's weird, ill just manually add the info in
    col49
    col49
    it's all good dude, all in good humour. might be on account of my name being shitty to mix w/statistics haha
    Minus
    Minus
    yea, probably tripped up my code and i just missed it haha
    col49
    col49
    shoot man, i appreciate it, tho this trend of jazzy instrumental hip hop producers have never really been in my wheelhouse; particularly in the cases of more independent dudes like this, it feels like they're kinda riding the coattails of dudes like nujabes (as well as similar artists, but that's the main pick for a lot of guys) since most folks are fiending for more content like it, and they rarely feel to me like they're bringing anything new to the table. i'm ten minutes in atm, and i'll do what i can to finish it up once i have more time, but thus far i'd say it doesn't really have a distinct enough 'personality' (compositionally sterile, standard instrumentation,etc.) to stand on its own, but if you're acutely invested in that particular sound then it'd suffice. i would put it in the same boat as a dude like marcus d, who's the most notable example i can think of regarding wearing nujabes influence on their sleeve, and i just can't get into it haha
    col49
    col49
    in the interest of expanding on shit, i was moderately invested in that knxwledge project, hud dreems, as well as the latest project from quelle chris, both of which make a similar shot at that brand of instrumental hip hop and (imho) do so more memorably. i think they have a much stronger vision when it comes to their instrumentals, building upon past sounds rather than simply looking to replicate them, and offering some much more vibrant and textured tracks in the process
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…