GG Unit
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I can't really comment on the usefulness of Protect for scouting in 4th gen since I fall under the category of a player who hasn't played non-Factory/Hall modes recently, I was actually gonna suggest Rain Dance on Gyarados when I started reading that paragraph but saw you already had it listed as an option anyway
    atsync
    atsync
    Gyara's move pool is really boring and generally the 4th option aside from those options in other facilities would be like Rest or a mostly irrelevant coverage move, Taunt/Torment/Spite are other disruptive/PP stall options it has but eh...I imagine 200 wins is within reach with either your current Gyara set or Salamence anyway
    We're having a heated Krookodile discussion on the Discord atm, would it be possible for you to QR your Smeargle/Krookodile SIngles team sometime?
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    still have PTSD from the time I tried to QR a version of the Glalie team that had other sweepers people could try in Glalie's place.

If you'd like I could trade you the members and you could try QRing it yourself.
    Smuckem
    Smuckem
    Would you be available to do these trades now? I'm at home, watching Pats vs. Bucs, am free to do so.
    I'll be adding that "free space on a Bingo card" comment to my sig, hope you don't mind
    Good shit, man...when the time eventually comes, the Tree thread's second banner will feature your team
    its hilarious when you get all sarcastic on people making dumb comments on the maison/whatever threads, always makes me day. just thought i should share
    Hey bud, bit of an odd question haha. How did you keep track of your Glalie's stat boosts during your Maison streak? I'm currently building a team around it for Battle Spot use but the testing on Showdown has spoiled me with how it shows the boosts on-screen!
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    It's a lot easier when you know exactly what the opponent's stats are for comparison. The only good information you get is that something just rises rather than sharply rises when it goes from +5 to +6, so you can use that to know which stats are maxed out and how many turns you got a net +0 rather than a +1. Anything beyond that would requrebyou to get crafty and make something with 7 different "sliders" you can adjust from turn to turn.
    cant say
    cant say
    Yeah that's really all I thought I could do (refer to what's not sharply boosting anymore) which is why I asked haha. The thing about 3v3 against other players rather than the AI is that you rarely get to stall out to actually get more than one stat to +6 (depending on how lucky you are) since they don't play along as nicely as the AI haha! You mostly just wanna start spamming Sheer Colds as soon as you have enough speed (at least +3) and am intact Sub. Guess I'll just have to pay more attention or bug someone to make a 'stat booster tracker' app haha
    Nice work on the latest streak! I don't have any problem with keeping your full list of streaks on the leaderboard, but if you really would prefer me to pare things down a bit, I can do so. Even if you do want me to do such trimming, however, it's probably best for me to keep the links to your old streaks up until you can update the later posts with links to the earlier team details posts.
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    I'll be working the other teams when I have time, but I've consolidated all the Durant-Drapion-Cloyster information into the the post that has my longest streak with that team.
    "(as opposed to two particular teams that are carbon copies of others posted in the thread, right down to the listed EVs or lack thereof)"
    now I'm curious - I'm sure JohnJohn's is one of the ones you're referencing, but if the other one isn't me then I don't know who and now I'm interested
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    it wasn't all in one post. someone had a team that was durant/blaziken/heracross. the blaziken had fire punch instead of sub, and the consensus was basically "bp isn't gonna be very good but you might as well have sub to protect the recipient because fire punch with no boosting item isn't gonna do much"
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    and then the other suggestion was cloyster over heracross because either one being BPed +6 was gonna be overkill, so might as well use a more helpful item.
    Altissimo
    Altissimo
    I see. sneakyyy
    Thanks a bunch man! I guess i really should spend my time to breed Gyarados then. xD
    GG Unit
    GG Unit
    The nice thing is that Gyarados is the easiest Pokemon to breed haha. No egg moves and Magikarp hatch super quickly.

In those first few battles, you could also probably get by with not setting Drapion up all the way. If you KO the lead with +2 Speed and Attack with a Sub up, that's enough to sweep 99% of the time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…