GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWeeXtS-XOA

I wasn't actually excited for this movie at all but this trailer actually makes me really interested. I wanted to ask you your general thoughts on Dark Universe but never got around to it actually. Anyway this change to Dr. Jekyll is really cool I think. Putting him at the top of the organization, like he is both the overarching main good guy and bad guy on the CU.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    With Marvel it's like, all the movies are very similar in style and tone. So you either like all of them or you dislike all of them, but you're treating them as a whole and not as individuals. But the Monsters don't have all that much to do with each other, though I guess they're changing that to make them have more to do with each other.

I think maybe they are going to do what DC is somewhat doing, and what Marvel started out doing, which is just have these in the same universe but not necessarily moving through the same plotline, just kind of incidental references here and there. Marvel started out doing that but it kinda got too big to do that anymore (Iron Man 3 "why didn't the Avengers help save the president?" Winter Soldier "why didn't the Avengers help stop Hydra" arguments) so everything had to start moving towards a central narrative.

I actually have no idea what Dark Universe is going to build to. Like we know MonsterVerse is going to eventually be Godzilla vs. King Kong and Marvel has been building towards Thanos since 2012. But what are all the gothic monsters gonna do together lol
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    i can agree with you on that. I like the science / mythology special government program things like hellboy. Yeah it'd be swell if they didnt all go in 1 order too, btw i hate marvel movies!
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I know
    Do you think maybe anti-PC has gone full circle? In other words like how SJWs would boycott shows/movies they found offensive, and people would laugh at how ridiculous they are being and how they can't enjoy something that is good because of slightly offensive content. But now it seems anti-PC people are doing similar things with shows they find as "SJW propaganda".
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    yeah they did

also this seems to me to be on the SJW side so I don't know what you mean
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    this IS an SJW article. Today I randomly searched "wonder woman" to check reviews and the top result was this. And I was like wut? This is pretty reaching. And yeah it is pretty unrelated to this. But when you posted this it reminded me of like "this is very reaching, not everybody is a hate train u know" which i see as similar to "this is very reaching, not everything is The Liberal Propaganda". It's the difference between criticizing something and crawling the ground looking for something that will marginally fit your agenda.
    I rewatched The Dark Knight Rises on TV last night while eating dinner and like it was better than I remember. The beginning at least. Once Bane arrives it gets eh
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    meh I know I don't get points for originality but I still think The Dark Knight is the best

Batman Begins used to be my favorite though. But now I feel it gets a little slow after the second half.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I agree, begins really slows down. It's just "ok" imo. Dark Knight is very good but I prefer the action of DKR. Every line bane says is equal to ledger's performance, so it pays for god tier acting with meme power
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    some of the fighting with Bane looked a little hokey though. On the other hand, I appreciate that Nolan didn't edit it with a million cuts a second like other movies do to cover up that the actors can't fight for shit. Like I wouldn't know how to fix that, but it's still a problem.

But The Joker was never a physically dominating character so there were never any fights with him anyway. So they got around that.

On the other hand, I always felt the fighting with Ra's was always great. So I'm not sure what happened.
    How excited are you for the new Inhumans show dude???
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    is that how they explained the end of the X-Men
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    no, inhumans and xmen both exist, but they're like at war with each other? for some reason? I don't really know the background of it all. It really bonks my noggin tbh
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    marvel wanted to phase out X-Men because they don't have the rights
    more brilliant Nolan book adaptations

in the Interstellar novelization, Dr. Mann's first name is Hugh. His name is literally Hugh Mann.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    the strongest sub hughman yet
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    At least he's not In Hugh Mann tho ha ha ha
    How do people in comics make like any money at all?

so nowadays a high-selling comic is like 50,000 copies? and it's like 4 dollars an issue?

so maybe 200,000$ per issue? one a month so like 2.4 million a year if it does really well? Well I guess it's not that bad. There are so many people involved but I never expected them to get paid like movie stars anyway.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I guess it's more like 1 guy with a bit of support staff and marketing. So you get hired and I would say maybe 20k an issue for your coffers
    how does chain of command work

if you are a civilian working with a military unit, who tells you what to do and do you have to call anyone sir?

and if you're like a navy officer or something does that automatically make you higher rank than every soldier?
    tfw when you're making a change from the objective analyses thread and try to refresh the page, then see u get sniped >_>
    Drew
    Drew
    I look over at who's looking at the thread, and see you, a mod, looking at a thread with a newly deleted post and an already merged change >_>
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    but i decided 2 be lazy and not do that one, idk who deleted that one
    Drew
    Drew
    :O GHOST MODS!!!!11111!!!!11!!!
    Kamala Khan is a fictional superheroine appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by editors Sana Amanat and Stephen Wacker, writer G. Willow Wilson and artist Adrian Alphona, Khan is Marvel's first Muslim character to headline her own comic book.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I am more of a DC guy too though yeah
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    The suspension of disbelief with them is just silly. Like Stan Lee was like "man, we're running out of radioactivity to make new dudes. Wait! I'll just give them natural superpowers, mutations are real!". And then ok, girl is born with psychic powers, ok dude has big feet, ok a dude can shoot lasers.

But you look at it now and we've got like mutants whose literal power is to explode everything they look at, or become a giant insect beetle thing they have no control over, "it's an evolution of mankind!" yeah like ok. And originally magneto was just an evil dude for evil things? But now the "humans hate mutants xd" thing gets like. really old. And all the Malcom x vs MLK thingo is also really old. And remind me why everybody hates mutants SO MUCH? The universe is just weird. And as a result every mutant just has this massive stick up their ass cause every human hates them. Good luck finding literally any other storyline in x men xdddd
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    well I don't read comics.

but that's why I like the movies and the shows because all that shit only happens exactly once and there is actual closure instead of the same thing happening again.

but it seems to me you have a really bad suspension of disbelief so i won't even argue about that
    who would win

1 xenomorph
    the 4 raptors from Jurassic World
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I already watched this one various vids, I always like watching the money shots of good shows. But I finished DiU last weekend.

and btw this is a stupid argument. People have "stopped time" for like all of jojo history. Anytime people are talking, nobody does anything. In part 1 and 2 jojo and esidisi and dio yak and yak and yak when they could punch each other. Talking doesn't count.

AND ALSO jotaro can do actions with his stand at the speed of light, because of star platinum. BUT he can't run forwards any faster, because he has to move with his stand. So within 2 meters he can do anything in 2 seconds, and talking is just an "internal monologue" so it doesn't use any time. The biggest constraint is how close jotaro is to his target, because even if he stops time he'll only go forward as far as he could run anyway.
    imgur has like the worst commenting system ever lol, every single reply makes a new thread. unreadable
    Kevin Spacey would play a good Alex Jones in the Alex Jones biopic
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    You saying Alex Jones is a villain? Huh?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    You know I was gonna say Kevin Spacey plays heroes sometimes but like

now that you bring it up

I don't think he ever has
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…