GatoDelFuego
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    See but like that doesn't work lol. You're getting all the basics of storytelling just plain wrong.

Character development doesn't equal theme. There is a such thing as static and dynamic characters. Not that I think Vincent is a static character necessarily.

Anyway I don't really need to say anymore because you literally have no refuted anything I said :D

but I will because there is more to say

It is REALLY fucking hard to not have a story with a theme. I think comedies are really the only ones that can do it, maybe. And having a theme does not make a movie better in any way. That's why it's weird when you say it's "just a movie" like that makes it more pure or something.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    If you can argue about what things mean in a film, then it has a theme. Just the sheer fact that you can interpret (now interpretations you can agree or disagree with) means it has a theme. Now how the fuck can you interpret Ghostbusters? I'm drawing a total blank. Nothing means anything. But I just wrote out like 6 or so paragraphs about this movie the first time I saw it.

Anyway you're also confusing theme with message, as indicated by your use of the word message. A theme is not a message. They are usually the same in children's stories like fables or educational television, but they are not the same thing.

Pulp Fiction has theme in the fact that you can interpret it and come up with meaning from it. That's it. And I would say the theme of death is prevalent because it's literally entwined in every single vignette in the film. Jules even fucking monologues about it at the end. In any other movie people would be mad that he just said the theme up straight, lol.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    an example like you are saying would be something like "this film is about the dangers of the bathroom because every time someone goes into the bathroom they come out to find something bad happened" but that is not quite what I am saying.

Themes are about universal things. Death, choosing to put yourself into danger. Forgiveness and mercy. These can go anywhere. And yeah they are what the whole movie is about. Jules, from his introduction, is talking about how he thinks Marsellus was too cruel. And at the end he decides to have mercy on people. Vincent doesn't learn this and that's the *point*, that's what being a foil is. Again it's just basic storytelling, sorry :l

The example of the bathrooms and the stuff in Ghostbusters only works in-universe. "Cross the streams if you really need to kill an ancient god" does not work out of context. "Take risks if you really need to" might.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFoZz6PG72k

I always thought this scene was pretty powerful even though this movie is so bad lol, especially compared to the first two. Like they couldn't even afford to shoot in a real city?
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I always thought it was off when he said "Shall I continue?" though. As if there were only three bad things that came out of it lol. I imagine he shared more when it cut away to Juni though
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Yeah that's what I said lol everything is green screen. Really weird because the previous movies had pretty good sets. Maybe the budget kinda died by that point.
    Watchmen was one of the two comic books, alongside Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, that inspired designer Vincent Connare when he created the Comic Sans font.[126]
    ur avatar+ct combos never cease to amaze ma
    like i literally stare at the screen and go what the actual fuck
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    I am glad there are people out there that appreciate true art
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Whoops forgot to set location hehe
    Do you reckon The Matrix has organized crime
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    like yeah I get programs for animals but like why do we need the Merovingian again
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    the Merovingian was supposed to be like the oracle of matrix II

And idk, like those programmers. Maybe they really run the successful companies and be politicians and things like that, so that the machines can control people.
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Maybe. It's hard to know for sure.

I'm not gonna lie and pretend like the Wachowskis had it all planned out from the beginning. The Agents were the only programs in the first movie. Oracle is debatable.
    https://youtu.be/BPMfCJpfhdo lol the beginning of this vid: this isnt to persuade ppl its for ppl who already agree with my position GODLY
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    hahahahahahah this is incredible. "now not every movie is bad but it's clear that most of the movies released post-millenial are not as good as they used to be"
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    yeah corporate stuff. They do it for old pinball machines too, it's amazing how much content like this exists. Nowadays, you can do the same in 2 hours with a powerpoint presentation
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Alright, Arnold!

Now, we can ALL enjoy the movie ;)))))
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Boys age 6 to 12. Man that's kind of sad you know! Like the casual sexism of target audiences. I'm glad that focus groups don't really exist any more and you can just silently data gather to create "targeted" content (like orange is the new black or house of cards)
    I came here to unfollow you and it turns out I already am not following you. what gives? how long has this been a thing
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    dude lmao what. Idk if this was an act of spite or just us talking to each other all the time so no need to follow or something.

But now you got no leverage BITCH
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    No, I definitely followed you lol
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I unfollowed you as a gag back in say, February when we had that feud about YuGiOh Abridged. But I definitely re-followed right after

no way I could have gone all the way since then not realizing that I am not following you
    When she talked about her role, she said: "When I read the script of 'Inglourious Basterds', I was like, wow, it's been my dream to kill Hitler since I was like four so I was kind of like Shosanna already. I'm Jewish. I read the script together with my grandfather and he told me, 'You have to make that movie, please.' So it was not just for me, it was for my family".
    THE GAME IS COMING OUT SOME DAY OH GREAT LORD AND SAVIOUR OF MANKIND GABE NEWELL HE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN I AM IN DENIAL MAKE THE VOICES STOP
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    they slowly left
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    oh :(

that's the real reason there's no Half-Life 3 right

or the reason there never will be on
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Yeah. It's dead. The pastebin was literally from THE creator of the universe, after 10 years of being trapped from sharing his ideas for the conclusion of the most irritating cliffhanger of all time. He finally left and this is his catharsis.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    lack of role models for female gamers[77] contributes to a feeling that they should edit their femininity in order to maintain credibility as a gamer, and that they must fit into the caricatured role of the "girl gamer" in order to be accepted
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    A 2015 study found that lower-skilled male players of Halo 3 were more hostile towards teammates with a female voice, but behaved more submissively to players with a male voice. Higher-skilled male players, on the other hand, behaved more positively towards female players. The authors argued the male hostility towards female gamers in terms of evolutionary psychology, writing, "female-initiated disruption of a male hierarchy incites hostile behaviour from poor performing males who stand to lose the most status

Now this is a weird af study
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    When female characters do appear in video games, they are often regarded as presenting unhealthy messages concerning unrealistic body images and provocative sexual and violent behaviors for players of both genders.[129] Stereotypical female behaviors such as giggling or sighing are often presented non-ironically, and this leads young children (especially girls who identify with the female character) to think that this is how girls are supposed to look and act

NON IRONIC
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    Though her bluepill name will most likely forever remain unknown, a few fans have speculated it might've actually been Alice or possibly, Dinah (Alice's pet cat). This mainly comes from taking into account the various minor references to Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland novels during her activities as a hacker (i.e. "follow the white rabbit", "through the looking glass", "The Red Queen", etc.). There is however no concrete evidence to support this notion.
    GatoDelFuego
    GatoDelFuego
    Follow the white rabbit neo
    Hulavuta
    Hulavuta
    I kinda like this idea.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…