Heysup
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• On your bulku Mismagius set, you have 36 Attack EVs, but Shadow Sneak is the second slash. Should that be 36 Special Attack EVs?
    i'll be idling on CAP today, just send a challenge. i won't see a pm though
    Oh my bad, I guess I'm getting a little anxious, lol. I'll do it, seeing as how I have the time, but if you still want to do it, don't let it seem like I'm taking it from you or anything.
    Hey Heysup, I'll take over Blaziken for you too. Do you think that I can take Whistle's check as an official GP check after I implement the changes? I'm pretty sure I can, which would leave it with only 1 GP check to go.
    Heysup, if you happen to haves time, could you replace eqverywhereit says berry juice in my desumasu analysis and replace it with oran berry. Im onmmy iPad and cant do that, i will barely have time and since it's done i wanted to get it qc checked, since im going out of town for 3 days. If you don't have time leave it.
    That's great! I'll just start a new thread and contact some GP members to get that shit checked.
    Hey Heysup, if you're busy I should be able to push Torterra through the GP check stage if you'd like. Nearly all of the credit would go to you of course. :)
    could you not act like a smug asshole when you literally have no idea what everyone was referring to

thanks
    I'm not ignoring your argument - You're arguing fixing glitches, and I'm arguing that fixing glitches is simply a restatement of game improvement.

Defining what is a "glitch" is impossible because a glitch is DEFINED as the opposite of developer intent. We can define what we want to fix that we think might be a glitch- but that is exactly the same as defining what we want to fix, which we still have no criteria on. The only criteria that makes sense is "improving the game" - and that leads to the rest of my argument.
    If you can conclusively argue that there is an instance when the Pokemon community would want to fix a glitch that does not improve the game, go ahead. I have seen no initiative to patch Shoal Salt, or to return Explosion to its former strength, or anything like that. Shoal Salt is notably the only "confirmed glitch" because it contradicts its own in game description.

As for asserting opinions as facts, literally every single "glitch" you have described is an opinion and not confirmed because developer intent defines the line between glitch and feature.
    It's neither. I'm saying that fixing a glitch is logically equivalent to making improvements (since we don't fix EVERY glitch, and we assume things are glitches that might not be and vice versa). Because of that logical equivalence, and the fact that we are limiting the amount of improvements we are trying to make to the game, in order to define a "line" we need to find criteria to decide whether or not an improvement is made to the game. The only real criteria for that is size of improvement...

Not every argument with a conclusion is a slippery slope fallacy, and not every argument that differs from your statement is a straw man.
    But then you get into "why do you fix glitches?" The only reason to fix a glitch is to improve the game; if there is no improvement no one is going to seriously push to fix a glitch even if Nintendo said so. Arguing about whether or not a designer intended it to be that way is not going to work because that's not what anyone cares about, nor is that remotely verifiable, so ultimately "glitch repair" boils down to "improvement". At which point, the improvements we implement are at best arbitrary, rather than "all improvements" or "improvements only greater than a certain magnitude".
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…