Toast++
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm from Germany :D I'm still an American though, so I moved to America because people said it was good. They were lying. Now I'm back in Germany. Integration into the German system has been less than smooth, but I'll manage.

I'm back for now. I've got to finish learning how to hit my delay, then I'll be doing more stuff.
    Just being incredibly annoying to catch. Combining the low catch rate of Latios and the absence of a Ball benefit...so icky.
    Darn it. One delay off from target again. Grrrr.

Edit: Got to go, so I'll talk to you later. Let me know when I should download your updated version.
    I put the wanted seconds at 35 when I used the c-gear timer the first time, because anything lower for a first timer and I can't start my game on time. It takes me roughly 30 to 35 seconds to comfortably start my DS from the clock reset screen.

Edit: That's with an AR or using a flash cart, because both require their own programs get loaded first.

Another edit: I could do start the game faster, but then I'd be rushing like a fool.
    Since I use an AR, I don't reset. I do a full game start from the AR game start screen at the end of the first timer and I start the C-gear at the end of the second timer, as I laid it out in the previous two VMs.
    But I do have to adjust for the first adjacent, which usually requires a huge adjustment, and that often puts me up or down a second from the target. So I adjust the DS minutes at that point.

Edit: For example, with that set up listed in the previous VM, the first adjustment brought the calibrated delay box up from 500 to 1104.
    Well, from what I gather from doing the RNG, C-gear seeds require that you start the game on the correct minute still. Then you have to start the C-gear on the correct time to get the right delay in that minute.

For example. I'm using your usual timer for gen 4. I have it set up with a calibrated delay of 500 and a target of 2190. 20 seconds calibrated, 25 wanted (because for this seed, I get at least 35 seconds on the first timer when I do that). This gets me started on the game at the right minute and then I start the c-gear at the end of the second timer.
    Sounds good.

Right now, the usual timer works most of the time for c-gear seeds, because they have a delay just like Gen 4 games. I was wondering why the c-gear timer uses the wanted seconds as the initial timer?
    This reply is a month and a half late but I always reply to direct questions so...

Yup, I moved. First down the street a bit, then to Germany. I had to mess with the router to get the wireless encryption set to WEP, but then I lost my Pokemon games so I couldn't take advantage of it. I found them last week, so now I can Pokemon on the Internet again :D
    I don't mind at all. :-)

I'm a bit rushed today (work this weekend and other stuff), but I have tried the c-gear timer. I think it still needs to have an adjustable delay. I tried it, but got stuck because I couldn't adjust the delay after getting my first adjacent results. I don't know if I missed an option that makes adjusting possible, but I tried clicking the window to adjust and I couldn't enter anything.
    hey is it normal for ones calibrated delay to increase/decrease? I ask because my delay was 506 and i could hit my target everytime within 1-5 tries then last night i couldnt hit it at all so i created more adjacent delays +20 -20 and realized i kept getting 10 off so i put my calibrated delay to 496 and hit my target. Is this normal?
    Ohh very nice! That was quick got what you wanted >.> i would have a couple nice XD togepis if there damm abilitys werent hustle >.<
    I haven't gotten to the black and white timer. I hit a huge snag on black and white that had to do with the seconds in game hopping up from the expected seconds, per caught pokemon results--this is despite that I successfully RNGed the correct spread on the same DS start time multiple times beforehand. I've been trying to solve why this happens. It's never happened on gen 4.

I do have a question about the c-gear timer. I see that the first timer is the target seconds plus 50 whatever-bits-of-seconds (I forget the name). Is there a reason why you set it up this way? I'd like to understand the purpose of the first timer being different. Actually, I need to understand why the first timer of the Gen 4 version works the way it does too. That might help me figure out the hopping seconds in gen 5.
    Nah, I didn't notice you had a new one up, but I haven't been doing any RNG lately. It's exam period here.
    Making as many save states as I can on Emerald at the moment to try grab a few Emerald Shinies in my spare time. But when I get back to RNG (end of next week) I'll check it out :)
    xD! I'll prolly copy + paste most of it to my thread guide later. So I needed to do it any ways.

Plus, I'm superbly tired, and so I get really bored. So I decided to type. It only took me about 20-ish minutes to type up. My fingers are kinda numb now :P Lawl.

But thanks<3
    Okay. I'm trying to RNG abuse on an emulator first, but if I keep failing, then I'll go with the DS. Btw I'm getting help already from Musicmister. Thanks though for the timer update!
    It's looking good for the timer with a lower frequency and ten beeps. Very stable sound. It's not stable on the first timer when the frequency is boosted, but I have to test that more. There's a tendency to make the clock stick on high frequency too, but again, I have to test this more. I'm using the Gen 4 setting on Gen 5. I've noticed your timer does not have the exact same first countdown as compared to Pikatimer when set to the same delays, seconds and updated with the same adjacent delays. It doesn't seem to matter so far.

Edit: Occasionally, a beat is missing on the timer.
    I'm sorry. :-( Yeah, I'm tired and making stupid mistakes.

I'll start using the new timer tomorrow. I know enough about how it works to test everything I find.
    Nevermind. Sorry. I forgot I clicked that suggested target thing. Man, I should just go to bed before I land on my head despite sitting still.

Edit: Clicking it changed my target seconds and I didn't remember or notice.
    I have one question before I go. I wanted to go back to the older countdowns after I adjusted the delays, but I can't seem to reset the timer. I discovered after this delay adjustment that it put me up on the first timer from about 35 seconds to 70. I'm not sure why. The calibrated delay changed, so I put it back to the orignal, but now the timer is down to 15 seconds on the first countdown, which I can't work with.
    All right. I'll know it's the new file by the size, I suspect.

Just on this last test, which I listened to, the first timer may be slightly off, last beep a little bit into the second timer, some beeps not exactly evenly spaced, but the final timer ended almost exactly on my own countdown. I'll keep listening to see if it reoccurs the same.

I tried the suggested timer and discovered it made the first timer too fast to get my game back on for my method of doing RNG. It does pretty much what I do when I test my wanted seconds, except I do that to go for about 35 seconds on the first timer because of my M3 DS start up time. Also because of AR start up time. You need at least that much time to comfortably get a game running with those turned on.

I may be going to bed soon, so I'll talk to you later.
    I'll do my best, but I don't know if I'm that good visually. I can track the seconds rolling down. It's easy because the seconds number is easy to keep time with. I should be able to tell with practice. Mostly I can tell when a note is slightly off beat with another.

I'll visit the link in a few minutes. I want to run the timer again. I had to resave on this RNG. Forgot I need five pokes in the party rather than four.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…