Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ok. At least I know that you're able to pull off your research at such a slow framerate so I can't complain anymore.
    Hey can I ask you something? Does Dolphin in debug mode run much slower than when it's in normal mode? It does for me. The save states are compatible between each of them thankfully so I can get around the speed problem for the most part. Thanks.
    Great job bro. Do you know if there's anything different for RNGing mons if a trainer has more than one Shadow Poke? (Example: Zapdos)
    Good luck on your contiued work on XD RNG abuse.

The VGCers will love you if you can pull off a flawless, Relaxed Duskull.
    So you're saying that a pokemon with purification moves obtained by the mimic glitch can't pass hack checks?
    Hey would transferring an XD emulator save to a GC memory card require an AR to defeat the save protection? I know there are applications that can transfer saves but those require a 3rd party memory card. I think there's another app that can use a 3rd party memory card as an AR or something... idk. It's an old app but I haven't had the chance to try it.
    I think the only way to prove it for now is to note down the hex for the PID and IVs of a shadow pokemon, faint it, and encounter it a second time. If the IVs and PID are kept that would be all the proof we need as we already know the ability is generated again.
    I've always leaned towards being generated separately. There are skipped RNG calls in the GBa games but Bond has theorized that they happen because the GBA is too slow for dividing stuff. I have a hard time believing that a RNG call is skipped for no reason.
    Wait if it's IV related then why can the ability change after the IVs are set? Remember that video with the Rhydon that was already encountered (thus setting the IVs) yet the ability can change? Does that mean that the ability can be regenerated on further encounters of the same pokemon? Something's not adding up here...
    wat.

I thought I gave you the Roselia's IVs. They are 140109DE. Which matches the Speed%2.
    Chansey - 14959F84
    Ralts - 29D51C14
    Starmie - 94E2F24D
    Rhydon - 09798D98
    Manectric - 85625197
    Snorlax - 1C4571D4

Those are the IVs for the pokemon that I gave the PIDs for. If you need more PIDs/IVs let me know as I only have XD for today.
    I linked a picture for the two with the abilities don't match your prediction. Would you like the IV hex for the other pokemon as well?
    Some more XD mons and their PID/Ability
    Roselia - 0001 1001 1011 0110 1110 1000 1010 1111 - Ability 0 (Natural Cure) - match
    Snorlax - 1101 0110 1001 1100 0101 1100 1111 1111 - Ability 0 (Immunity) - match
    Chansey - 1010 0111 0101 0010 1010 1111 0101 1100 - Ability 0 (Natural Cure) - match
    Starmie - 1100 1110 0111 1000 0001 0110 0101 1010 - Ability 0 (Illuminate) - Has Natural Cure ability instead
    Ralts - 0110 1010 1010 1101 0111 1011 0110 1000 - Ability 1 (Trace) - Has Synchronize ability instead
    Rhydon - 0110 1101 1010 1110 0010 1101 1001 0001 - Ability 0 (Lightningrod) - match
    Manectric - 1000 1101 0111 0011 1011 1000 1110 1010 - Ability 1 (Lightningrod) - match

As you can see there are two pokemon that do not follow your prediction in the research thread.http://i.imgur.com/FSIKK.png
    Great work so far on XD abuse. The part I'm most interested in is the mysterious changing ability upon evolution in the main series carts.

Think it will ever be possible to know if the Pokemon's ability will/won't change in the future?
    Ok Roselia has two abilities in 3rd gen. Ability 0 is Natural Cure and Ability 1 is Poison Point. As a Roselia it has Natural Cure but when I Pal Parked it and evolved it to a Roserade the ability changed to Poison Point. Roserade also has Ability 0 being Natural Cure and Ability 1 being Poison Point.

PID (hex): 39320BF1
    PID (bin): 111001001100100000101111110001 <- ability 1
    But like I said Roselia has ability 0.

Edit: Enciclopedia Pokemon seems to generate a new, valid PID when I opened up the Roselia in it. I had to Pal Park it and look at it in Pokegen to get this PID.

I'll see if I can find more pokemon like this tonight. I have access to all 83 shadow pokemon so surely there should be one pokemon that's like this Roselia.
    So I was taking a look at a couple of XD pokemon that a friend traded to my Emerald cart in Enciclopedia Pokemon and when I clicked the edit button for his Roselia I immediately got a window saying that it's ability doesn't match the PID. I can vouch for its legitimacy as my friend is adamant against cheating to the point that he thinks that even RNG abuse is cheating. So this means that XD is deciding the ability another way. If I were to guess I would say that after looking at OmegaDonut's post in the research thread that the 3rd unused call decides the ability.

I can send a copy of a save with the Roselia upon request.

Edit: Roselia does have two abilities in 3rd gen. Tomorrow I will have a chance to trade more XD pokemon to my Emerald cart. Hopefully I can find a pokemon with the "wrong" ability that has two abilities in 3rd gen and can evolve it to see what happens. It would probably change to the "correct" ability.
    Ok thank you. Either it doesn't keep the PID or the ability is stored separately. I haven't heard any reports about the nature changing on the second encounter though so if it doesn't then the ability is done separately.

Edit: I suppose it could also keep rerolling until it hits the nature that was determined in the first encounter too.
    I see... Thanks anyways.

By the way will you look into the so-called ability change glitch in XD? Supposedly the ability can change from the initial encounter (which sets the IVs in stone) and encountering it later if you faint a shadow pokemon. This gives me hope that the nature could also change as it would be very likely that the PID isn't set like the IVs are so one could get good IVs in the first encounter then go for a good PID later.

Edit: Here is a topic about the glitch in action.
    Hey I've noticed that you've been doing some work on XD: Gale of Darkness. Do you know if it's possible to trade pokemon from Dolphin to a GBA game using the in-game trade thing or not? I've seen a video of them connecting but it didn't go beyond that. If the trade works I might suck it up and deal with the horrible, horrible speed that I get w/ my laptop.
    Didn't you compare yourself researching to a retired basketball player throwing basketballs?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…