Welcome to UU Revamps, another place where amazing also happens. The same base rules as in Analysis Workshop apply here.
1. UU Revamps is for posting major peer edits and full revamps to the Pokemon playable in the UU metagame. This includes the UU
, and NFE
tiers. If the Pokemon you want to revamp is not on those lists, do not post here
. However, do not
refer to NU / NFE tiers. There is no metagame for these tiers yet, and therefore there should not be descriptions on them.
2. All analyses must also comply with the Team Options sections outlined in this thread
3. Do not post sets without testing them thoroughly. Sets that are obviously untested will be locked and/or infracted. Post a collection of logs if your set seems gimmicky. Do not post copycat sets without significant playtesting; even if a certain set works on Pokemon X, it may not work for Pokemon Y, regardless of how similar the two Pokemon may be.
4. Small, objective changes (like a typo, etc.) should be posted in the Small Changes
thread. Likewise, small subjective changes (like an alteration to an EV spread, etc.) should be posted in the Small Subjective Changes
5. Proofread all peer edits posted, multiple times. Nothing is more irritating than misspelling the name of the Pokemon you're analysing. If you aren't fluent in English (and by fluent, we don't mean "I can read/write English", we mean "I understand the subtleties of the English language and can write prose that flows well.") pair up with someone who is and get them to transcribe your gibberish. This similarly applies to the content and accuracy of the content. Read about grammar, capitalization, and other standards here
6. Under no circumstances are you allowed to post illegal sets. Check if your set is illegal here
. Any offenders will
7. Follow proper SCMS format for all peer edits made. The following post
contains a copyable version of said format. chaos's HTML Primer
is also a useful resource.
are responsible for merging in the changes people give you. Otherwise, you aren't helping us at all.
9. This is a serious forum; make your posts reflect this. Do not make useless and/or trolling posts in this forum. Any obviously gimmicky sets will be locked. Don't go offtopic in peer edits and always submit intelligent, well-thought out posts backed with reasoning. Post constructive criticism. Pointing out something is bad doesn't help anyone, help by providing a solution or suggesting a change (unless the work is truly unsalvagable, in which case, don't comment at all - the thread will be locked in due time.).
10. If you are a badgeholder, wait at least
48 hours before uploading sets to the SCMS. Once they are uploaded, ask a member of the Smogon Site Staff to cache and move the analysis to the Peer Edit Archive. Ask them, also, to append an asterisk to the end of the thread title. This is for administrative uses.
11. Link to the analysis you are editing in the OP of your thread. This is for administrative uses.
12. Make sure to follow the Smogon-wide Forum Rules
as well. The rule regarding bumping older threads is somewhat lax in Analysis Workshop, as long as your post contributes something to the thread or helps get things done. Useless posts will still be infracted.
Thanks for contributing to Smogon and remember: ask not what your Smogon can do for you, ask what you can do for your Smogon!
Any inquiries regarding the rules can be sent to: darkie, Caelum, Great Sage, DP Crobat, Havak, Twash, or Mekkah, as well as any other member of the Smogon Site Staff.