Smogon Premier League - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to hear any more complaining about scouting.

Scouting happens, and there's no way to prove it / prevent it beyond saying "leave the battle that is going on if the people battling ask for you to leave." And anyways, if you're that worried about having your team scouted, then play practice matches with your team. That's what they're there for. There isn't a team out there that doesn't have a few players for each tier, so every team has at least a couple of guys that can practice around with each other.

End of argument.

Hey uhm bt and i arranged for yesterday but i went out for dinner and he also wasn't there. now we arranged for this time but he also said he can't play right now, i had a sort of vm convo with him for 10 min but that was from my ipod because my mom got angry lol. so this is pretty much the post N_N

also this is an activity post

As far as I can tell (from your raging in the battle) there was only one move on one pokemon that was questionable and Fologrio claims to have used that move set for a long time now. Many of the spectators agreed that he had been using this for a long time before your game.

Now onto the actual "bullshit":

Your teammates (assuming one of them isn't you) are still following Gouki around (yes, he's under an alt). This should be obvious to you but just so you know, it is obvious to us that it would be hard for these spectators to know Gouki's alts if they weren't receiving a mod's help. Just a heads up...maybe talk to your buddies if you're finding these accusations so offensive. If you require an example user: "Hail to England".
Umm... I'm not quite sure what's going on here but 'Hail to England' was actually an old alt of mine. Just thought I'd let you know it's not someone from another team trying to counterteam you or whatever.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just to clarify because a lot of managers were unsure on this:

You are allowed to sub people out midweek and bring in someone from your bench. This can only be used in case of inactivity. In addition, someone who was subbed out cant be subbed back in the same week. Lastly and most importantly, it is possible a team put in 3 weak players as their DP OU roster and then sub the good ones in by seeing how they match up vs the other team, that stuff won't be allowed at all. We'll be making a call on that if we see it happen, so don't try that stuff.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm online for the rest of the evening though i'm not certain if M dragon will still show up.

We tried to make contact several times though exams make it difficult for us to finish the game

EDIT: won against M_Dragon, luck was slightly in my favor unfortunatly(one miss and one paralyze from electric attack), which makes a big difference in close battle like this one.

gg

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Agreeing with MrE, this tourney is getting dumber and dumber, why the hell would you add that rule mid season when people have been DQd in weeks before without being able to do anything.

So you would wait until the next week to make a tier change apply for a metagame, but will change a rule that has a similar effect on the outcomes of battle in the middle of a week. Makes no sense at all.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
i agree with the sediments of mre, mexican and piro, this rule change makes no sense.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Everything Mr.E, rey, pyro and Loki said. If this was to be a new rule at least wait until the week is over to enforce it (and that should have probably been created 3 weeks ago as so many teams lost because they weren't able to complete all battles).

While I like the rule, applying it mid-week seems a bit unfair. As does revoking Kinneas vs. SBK now they've already battled, so nothing can be done there. I think it's a little late now, guys.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Agreeing with what the rest of the general consensus says. You can't just add a rule in the middle of a round in the middle of a tournament, especially considering that players have been disqualified previously because that rule wasn't in place. If you're going to add rules, they should not be biased and more importantly make sense.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, something can be done. The battle can be just forgotten and sbk can take the win as he should have.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
No, its a little late to apply a new rule that can potentially screw people on this tournament (hint: my team). We didnt have a chance to sub out panamaxis vs Arin (I assume you like the rule because your team hasnt suffered anything with it and may get a nice advantage out of it, kinda looking at blue tornado and wraith here, but whatever) which costed us the week, now you tell us that subs mid week will be able to be done? Of course, sbk has tried to play Taylor for a huge amount of time, and Taylor doesnt get it done, inminently making his team lose the week, but oh nevermind! the great rule is here and now kinneas can sub in 8 HOURS before the deadline in order to play sbk!

As does revoking Kinneas vs. SBK now they've already battled, so nothing can be done there.
Believe me, I tried to stop the battle and even told sbk to not play until the hosts were on, but of course both hosts were not on, and if I told sbk to drag it, im placing money that the cryonicles would have used the "THEY BOTH WERE HERE THEY BOTH COULD PLAY" excuse, when it can apply to Taylor too.

Im not trying to be offensive towards anyone here, I just think this new rule is completely dumb and unfair.

Edit: Sorry, I didnt see what you said on our channel until now, but yeah my points still apply. (sorry to get personal as well).

Edit again!!: sorry AGAIN if it came as attacking, I really didnt want to attack YOU, what I was attacking was your post and way to think, because I completely disagree with you (AGAIN, the post, not what you said in our chat).

Yes, I agree, the rule was applied at a bad time, Im just sayig that I don't think they will change their decision and, since Kinneas and SBK battled regardless of efforts made to (rightly) prevent the battle, it'd be unfair to just change it again for this week, as much as it sucks. You don't need to get personal with me, though, given that I was just in your channel, and given the sediments I expressed. Judging from my conversation with LN earlier, I don't think the rule actually lends me an advantage, so gg to the Alpha Ruiners.

There's a difference between smack talk and senselessly attacking people who agree with you.

While I like the rule, applying it mid-week seems a bit unfair. As does revoking Kinneas vs. SBK now they've already battled, so nothing can be done there. I think it's a little late now, guys.
But what was sbk supposed to do considering the new rule? Refuse to battle and take an activity loss by the current rules? His hands were tied, and the fact that Kinneas was subbed in indicates, by the new rule, that Taylor was very likely unable to battle, giving sbk activity win. No matter how you look at it, Cryonicles came out at an advantage in the exchange before sbk even battled. Being able to sub someone in would have also enabled the Tigers to get someone in to at least have a chance in Arin/Panamaxis last week. We have legitimate room for complaint, as that match also mattered in overall win/loss count for team, not just individual.

edit: beat by rey damn phone typing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)