Approved by The Tournament Directors
Welcome to the Tournament that will turn boys into BIGs.
This tournament is one to reward those who have consistently done well during the DPP Tours. Similar to the format of the top 8 at the end of each Tour, this tournament will be a seeded, Best of Three tournament consisting of a OU, UU, and Uber match. As it is meant to feature the best and most consistent players, it will only be a 32 man, single elimination tournament.
For information on how the 32 participants were chosen, refer to this
However, because of summer and overall inactivity, the following 4 users have been subbed out of the tournament
(9) Zak91, (31) Xtrashine
(28) Abutorn, (30) dragonfruit
And will be replaced by
(9) Reyscarface, (28) Justinawe, (30) Philip7086, and (31) Stone_Cold
These 4 players were among the next few on the wins list, but even more importantly are all active so I can be assured that they will meet the deadlines.
Finally, here is the BRACKET
for the Tournament!
Round 1: (WC = Wildcard)
vs (32) remlabmez (OU, Ubers)
(2) Imperfectluck vs (WC) Stone_Cold
vs (WC) Philip7086 (UU, Ubers)
(4) Lady Bug vs (29) Panamaxis
(5) Gouki vs (WC) Justinawe
(6) Sapientia vs (27) Maniaclyrasist
vs (26) JabbaTheGriffin (OU, Ubers)
vs (25) Twist of Fate (OU, UU)
vs (24) Bad Ass (OU, Ubers)
vs (23) 6A9 Ace Matador. (UU, Ubers)
(11) Eo Ut Mortus
vs (22) Taylor (OU, Ubers)
(12) Kevin Garrett
vs (21) Atticus (UU, Ubers)
(13) Arin vs (20) twash
(14) locopoke vs (19) KD24
vs (18) Mien. (OU, UU)
(16) Deep Thought vs (17) Krack
For the predictors:
Imperfectluck vs Stone_Cold
Lady Bug vs Panamaxis
Gouki vs Justinawe
Sapientia vs Maniaclyrasist
vs Twist of Fate
vs Bad Ass
vs 6A9 Ace Matador.
Eo Ut Mortus
Arin vs twash
locopoke vs KD24
Deep Thought vs Krack
Basic Battle Rules (Taken from ST6)
AS A NOTE: Round 2 will go until next Monday at 3:01 AM EST. I will allow matches that do not finish before this deadline to finish during the next week. I am specifically talking about Imperfectluck vs Stone_Cold and Krack vs Deep Thought. Everyone else I expect to be done before the deadline. I want every single match done. I do not want to disqualify someone.
- Species Clause
- You cannot have more than one of the same species of a Pokémon on your team.
- Example: You cannot have two Charmander on your team.
- Sleep Clause
- You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokémon asleep at the same time.
- Evasion Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use Double Team or Minimize.
- OHKO Clause
- A Pokémon cannot use Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
- Self-KO Clause
- If both players are down to one Pokémon each, you are not allowed to use a move that KOs both Pokémon to force a tie.
- Should a move which causes recoil damage ends the game in a tie, then the match will be redone.
- Shoddybattle does not have ties. So, always calculate the recoil damage before deciding the winner if it comes close to the situation.
- Latias is Banned. The Current Tier Lists at the time of this post will be used for the remainder of this tournament, and as such, Salamence will be allowed.
- Timed Battle Clause ON
- Deadlines will be extremely strict. I understand that we are now in summer, but if you have to go away then that is your fault as you indicated to me that you wished to participate.
- Round 1 will last until Saturday June 26th at 2:00 PM EST. No extensions will be given.
- After this round, rounds will only last one week. I expect similar activity to SPL.
Of course, it would not be a complete thread concerning my tour stats if I did not plug them at least once
If you have any questions or concerns, please ask before you battle!
Should be a great tournament! Let's meet those deadlines!