Jul 1st, 2010, 11:06:58 AM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Monthly Art Contest 3!!!
The Smogon Monthly Art Contest!
Welcome to the third ever Smogon Monthly Art Contest! A competition for both digital and traditional artists to show their stuff and boast their skills.
This Month's Theme: Stark Contrast
Theme suggestion by Wickdaggler
Draw a Pokemon of your choice using only two main colors that are extremely different to create a strong contrast! Example: White & Black, Purple & Yellow, Red & Blue, etc. [minimal
use of transitional colors are acceptable]
Plus Points For: Strong shading & depth, and make it vivid!
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE RULES BEFORE PARTICIPATING]
1. All Smogon Forum Rules Apply.
2. You're not allowed to ask when the next contest will be out, or when the next poll will be up.
3. If your entry is turned down, no whining, it broke the rules, get over it.
4. Stealing artwork is prohibited, this includes copying another artists’ work (excluding original Pokemon artwork). If you are found to be stealing, you will be disqualified and banned from the current Monthly Art Contest, banned for two MACs after two instances, and permanently banned after three instances.
5. Have a question, or want to suggest a rule or theme? PM Bucky or a current MAC judge with your question or suggestion. Please be practical with your suggestions.
6. Comments & criticisms are welcome, however posts such as “This one is definitely going to win/lose” or “This sucks!” will be deleted and such posts may get you infracted.
7. If you have a problem, take it to PM. We don't want you spamming up the topic.
8. Please don't disrupt this thread (i.e. asking stupid questions repeatedly, trolling, etc). Repeated offenses can get you temporary bans from the MAC.
1. All entries must fit the theme. The Theme will be specified at the top of the first post. Both traditional and digital pieces are acceptable.
2. All entries MUST fit size restraints.
Entries that do not meet size restraints will be completely ignored.
3. Any users found copying other submissions will be banned and disqualified from the current MAC.
4. DO NOT submit artwork containing vulgar or nude poses. Users who do so will be disqualified and banned from the current MAC.
Judge and Voting Rules and Notes
1. If you want to be a judge, PM Bucky.
2. Judges are allowed to enter the contests, but during judging, ARE NOT allowed to nominate themselves for a poll spot.
3. You are not allowed to vote for yourself on the poll. Anyone caught doing this will have their entry for the poll revoked, and the next runner up in the voting to take their place.
4. Any users found creating multiple accounts to post/vote in any MAC threads/polls will be infracted, disqualified and banned from the current MAC.
The Current Roster of Judges is:
4. pkmn Trainer Zach
5. Doran Dragon
Note: Plus Points are now more important than ever! Here's why:
The deadline is July 22nd. You have 21 days to get your entry in. After the deadline, judges will pick finalists and a poll will be started over the course of 3 days to decide the winner. [Note: Each MAC will generally last 21 days. Winners will be determined during the last week of each month]
1st place winner will have their art featured in the Smeargle's Art Gallery!
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive an inclusion in the MAC Hall of Fame (currently a work in progress) and will have their art featured in Alchemator's Art Picks in The Smog!! Consecutive wins will also get you cooler trophies!
Good luck everyone!!
Last edited by Bucky; Jul 2nd, 2010 at 3:34:29 AM.