Aug 26th, 2010, 1:04:24 PM
Join Date: Aug 2007
Terrorist Cup Discussion Thread
What is Terrorist Cup?
Terrorist Cup is a (currently) unofficial tier consisting of a very select range of Pokemon, affectionately referred to as "tcup" or "tc". It is standard Pokemon... except:
Standard rules apply, including:
- All Pokemon used in Terrorist Cup must carry Explosion or Selfdestruct.
What Pokemon are allowed?
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Soul Dew Clause: The item Soul Dew is banned in the OU environment.
- Note that there is no Self KO Clause; if a player uses Explosion or Selfdestruct and forces a tie, the user of the move wins.
Here is a complete list of the fully evolved Pokemon who learn either Explosion or Selfdestruct:
Where to play
There is currently no ladder for Terrorist Cup, but there is a sizable community of players on the CAP server. We also do not have enough data to compute usage stats for tiering purposes, so for the time being we are using standard Smogon tiers. Most Terrorist Cup players play OU TC, so be sure to let them know ahead of time if you want to play a different tier.
If you enjoy Terrorist Cup, feel free to join the Social Group!
Last edited by Atticus; Aug 26th, 2010 at 7:50:27 PM.
Reason: edited in smeargle