I have a question regarding not the formulas itself, but rather manipulating them for one's own ends. As written in the LC article, the intended order of operations is rather confusing.
Here's what I've got so far, though:
1. Divide the number of EP in the stat by 4.
2. Floor the result.
3. Add double the Pokemon's base stat value.
4. Add the Individual Value in the stat.
5. Multiply by the Pokemon's level.
6. Divide by 100.
7. Floor the result.
8. Add X.
9. Multiply by the nature modifier.
10. Floor the result.
If this is correct, I wish to be able to solve for the individual value, and I'm not sure how one would go about doing so. On the other hand, if I did eventually get such an expression, I won't need those fancy calculators anymore.
But I got wiped out with no saving grace at all!
And then I'm told I don't have any talent?! Man...